Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Zorg
Provided you meet all other criteria you've scraped in :wink: congrats

Brill! Thanks! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nug
Yes Im now praying they will round up when they calculate the equal weighted score :redface:

Has anyone had any experience of this in the past?

I'm in the same boat, are you going to contact them or just wait and see?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by buttoned.up
I'm in the same boat, are you going to contact them or just wait and see?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have emailed to ask since they requested we didn't call the office. I'll let you know if I get an answer.
Original post by nug
I have emailed to ask since they requested we didn't call the office. I'll let you know if I get an answer.

Great, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
A chap on the main GEM thread called up and it appears they do calculate both ways and they also round up :wink:

See here
Original post by Zorg
A chap on the main GEM thread called up and it appears they do calculate both ways and they also round up :wink:

See here

Ahhhhhh fingers crosseddddddd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Congratulations to all who were successful today, and please do not let your head drop this year if you were disappointed with your results. Another year of waiting is little compared to a forty year medical career!

I will update the front page with the appropriate cut-off score in due course. Any news on when interviews may be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spoke to Notts this morning who confirmed that they do calculate GAMSAT scores both ways (with and without S3 weighting) and it appears they round up...confirmed I have met the cut off. Just wondering if people know exactly what happens with the work exp form/interviews...does meeting the cut-off guarantee an interview or have people been known to meet cut-off but be rejected after work exp form?
Reply 68
Spoke to Notts this morning who confirmed that they do calculate GAMSAT scores both ways (with and without S3 weighting) and it appears they round up...confirmed I have met the cut off. Just wondering if people know exactly what happens with the work exp form/interviews...does meeting the cut-off guarantee an interview or have people been known to meet cut-off but be rejected after work exp form?

At open day I was told you could be rejected for interview if you meet the GAMSAT cut off but your work experience form is poor. Though I would imagine most anyone who has applied has been proactive enough to gain work experience, then it's just a case of reflection and you should be good to go.
Reply 69

Original post by Zorg
At open day I was told you could be rejected for interview if you meet the GAMSAT cut off but your work experience form is poor. Though I would imagine most anyone who has applied has been proactive enough to gain work experience, then it's just a case of reflection and you should be good to go.

I just called Notts to a) confirm that I had met the cutoff (YAH I have!) and b) ask how they then select for interview. So what Zorg said above is correct in that they mark your questionnaire and if its satisfactory, you will be invited to interview
Reply 70
Original post by nug
I just called Notts to a) confirm that I had met the cutoff (YAH I have!) and b) ask how they then select for interview. So what Zorg said above is correct in that they mark your questionnaire and if its satisfactory, you will be invited to interview

When do we get these questionnaires?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
This is why I want to be at Nottingham :tongue:

Incidentally, do we have the same lecturers as the A100 course, i.e. are they of Nottingham Uni?
Original post by Mr Men
When do we get these questionnaires?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have had an acknowledgment of my application (last month) and an email giving the GAMSAT cut-off marks but no questionnaire. Are we the only two or is everybody in the same boat?
Reply 73
I've just received the online work experience form to complete this afternoon :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by M150
I've just received the online work experience form to complete this afternoon :smile:

Same here. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh lord, do Nottingham choose who to interview on anything apart from meeting the GAMSAT cutoff?
Not got any emails from them... :/
Reply 76
Original post by amyyy24
Oh lord, do Nottingham choose who to interview on anything apart from meeting the GAMSAT cutoff?

Relax, they might send them our in batches. It took about 4 hours for me to get the first email they sent about cut offs.
Reply 77
Original post by amyyy24

You have to get above 55 in section 2 and 55 in either section 1 or 3 with the other being 50 I believe. Other than that as long as you have the required/predicted degree classification you should be okay. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Ah yes, questionnaire recieved. Quite glad I have two weeks off work now, perfect timing :smile:
Reply 79
Morning fellow Nottingham-hopefuls. Been stalking these for a while and thought I should probably join in now. Got an email about the questionnaire earlier today :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending