The Student Room Group

Dentistry - Newcastle University 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by matthewames97
Well done!! I haven't received anything... when is your interview? And how did they contact you?

Haven't heard anything either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Haven't heard anything either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your UKCAT score? Mine was only 632.5 so I hope that isn't too low!!!
Reply 22
707.5 average, but hard to know about where the cut off will be because the average is low this year
Reply 23
What was your UKCAT score? Mine was only 632.5 so I hope that isn't too low!!!

Mine was 670!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks

They could just be sending interviews with the top scores first. Seriously worried now!!!
Reply 25
It's only one choice so either way it's best not to get stressed!
Original post by VicSec7
It's only one choice so either way it's best not to get stressed!

I'm from Newcastle so its the one i want to go to most haha. I know someone that received an interview for medicine with a score of 650, and they are usually higher cut-offs so hopefully haha.
Reply 27
Guys just phoned Newcastle admissions and they told me that it doesn't mean you are unsuccessful if you didn't recieve an interview invite today. The lady said that they will continue sending them out up until Christmas holidays. So don't worry to anyone who has not yet recieved an interview, it's an ongoing process and are not all sent at once! PHEW!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Guys just phoned Newcastle admissions and they told me that it doesn't mean you are unsuccessful if you didn't recieve an interview invite today. The lady said that they will continue sending them out up until Christmas holidays. So don't worry to anyone who has not yet recieved an interview, it's an ongoing process and are not all sent at once! PHEW!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god! Can only wait...
The average UKCAT score this year is 2505, so 626.25.
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2014%20Mean%20Scores%20end%20of%20testing%202.pdf
However Newcastle go off the average UKCAT of students that have applied, not the UK average.
Newcastle give interviews down a descending order of UKCAT, so those with highest scores get first invites. Admissions said they normally send all out rejections before the Xmas break.
Reply 30
Original post by misskathrynm
The average UKCAT score this year is 2505, so 626.25.
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2014%20Mean%20Scores%20end%20of%20testing%202.pdf
However Newcastle go off the average UKCAT of students that have applied, not the UK average.
Newcastle give interviews down a descending order of UKCAT, so those with highest scores get first invites. Admissions said they normally send all out rejections before the Xmas break.

That's very interesting to know and it seems that the interviews are being handed out like that as someone with a much higher UKCAT than me recieved an invitation today.

May I ask where you obtained this information from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
That's very interesting to know and it seems that the interviews are being handed out like that as someone with a much higher UKCAT than me recieved an invitation today.

May I ask where you obtained this information from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked admissions on the open day, and have a friend in first year. I emailed regarding the 'rejections before Xmas' as I really wanted to know before!
Original post by misskathrynm
I asked admissions on the open day, and have a friend in first year. I emailed regarding the 'rejections before Xmas' as I really wanted to know before!

They do have a 'cut-off' score, but I would imagine yours is above that. My friend got an interview in late January so no rejection by Xmas is good news I would say!
Reply 33
Hey just thought I'd join this thread since I've applied here! Received an interview today which I'm soo happy about since newcastle is where I want to go. Wasn't expecting to hear this early though so I suspect there's definitely more time to hear from them. Good luck everyone :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by i9l7f
Hey just thought I'd join this thread since I've applied here! Received an interview today which I'm soo happy about since newcastle is where I want to go. Wasn't expecting to hear this early though so I suspect there's definitely more time to hear from them. Good luck everyone :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done, its where i want to go too. May i ask what your stats are like?
Reply 35
Someone mentioned that they send out the intervews moving from the highest to lowest UKCAT scores. I know someone on TSR achieved 730 in their ukcat and received an invitation yesterday so over the next few weeks let's see if this trend keeps up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Well done, its where i want to go too. May i ask what your stats are like?

sure. They aren't spectacular haha!
GCSE 9 A* 2 A
AS AABC
Predicted AAA
UKCAT 687.5

I've applied to Newcastle, Leeds, Glasgow and Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by i9l7f
sure. They aren't spectacular haha!
GCSE 9 A* 2 A
AS AABC
Predicted AAA
UKCAT 687.5

I've applied to Newcastle, Leeds, Glasgow and Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. Hoping I get an interview before the holidays :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 38
Anyone know when the next lot of interviews will be sent out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
So who else got an interview invite today? I didn't :frown: but I heard some other people have recieved them today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest