The Student Room Group

Admissions Tests! - English Literature

So, I applied for Manchester and I was sent through an admissions test a few days later. Does every applicant get this? Any words of advice??

Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgialeonora
So, I applied for Manchester and I was sent through an admissions test a few days later. Does every applicant get this? Any words of advice??

Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They send it to every applicant who meets the entry requirements. How did yours go? I got mine earlier today
Yes mine was okay thank you!

Which extract did you use? How did yours go?

Does it sound nerdy to say I really enjoyed doing it? haha!
Original post by emily_971
They send it to every applicant who meets the entry requirements. How did yours go? I got mine earlier today

I haven't written it yet, but I think I'm going to use the D H Lawrence extract, and I'm quite looking forward to it!
I'm glad you're happy with yours, do you know when you'll hear back from them?
I haven't written it yet, but I think I'm going to use the D H Lawrence extract, and I'm quite looking forward to it!
I'm glad you're happy with yours, do you know when you'll hear back from them?

I heard back and got an offer!! Sooo relieved. How did yours go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard back and got an offer!! Sooo relieved. How did yours go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! I haven't heard anything from them yet, but i'm hoping to soon (i've got offers from all the others so i'm getting rather impatient). I think it when okay, but obviously I don't really know what they're looking for
Congratulations! I haven't heard anything from them yet, but i'm hoping to soon (i've got offers from all the others so i'm getting rather impatient). I think it when okay, but obviously I don't really know what they're looking for

thank you! congrats on the offers! where are they from??

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you! congrats on the offers! where are they from??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I have offers from Loughborough (probably my first choice), East Anglia, Aberystwyth (probably my insurance), and Brighton.

And I just got an offer from Manchester! They want AAA though and i'm only predicted AAB so fingers crossed I get lucky on results day

Do you have other offers yet? And what are your conditions for Manchester?
Thank you! I have offers from Loughborough (probably my first choice), East Anglia, Aberystwyth (probably my insurance), and Brighton.

And I just got an offer from Manchester! They want AAA though and i'm only predicted AAB so fingers crossed I get lucky on results day

Do you have other offers yet? And what are your conditions for Manchester?

AHHH WELL DONE!! & I am exactly the same. I got AAA from Manchester and predicted AAB :frown: fingers crossed! & Plymouth is my only other offer and I have interviews for Queen Mary's and Essex. Only one I haven't heard from is Southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile
AHHH WELL DONE!! & I am exactly the same. I got AAA from Manchester and predicted AAB :frown: fingers crossed! & Plymouth is my only other offer and I have interviews for Queen Mary's and Essex. Only one I haven't heard from is Southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's hope we both do better than expected then! And good luck for your interviews - i'm sure you'll be fine
I don't know anyone applying to Southampton so I can't offer any words of wisdom, but i'll keep my fingers crossed for you as long as you tell me when you get places!
Let's hope we both do better than expected then! And good luck for your interviews - i'm sure you'll be fine
I don't know anyone applying to Southampton so I can't offer any words of wisdom, but i'll keep my fingers crossed for you as long as you tell me when you get places!

yes fingers crossed. I'm sure you will do amazing!! good luck for everything:smile: let me know how everything goes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi ! did anyone do the sally extract?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending