The Student Room Group

What is something that is known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
We don't understand it when you tell us all your day's problems and then get annoyed when we offer a solution.
Original post by vickidc18
Bras as pockets & giving birth feels like a pooping out a giant pineapple accompanied by the biggest chinese burn on your vajayjay

Lmao, best description of that that I've come across :lol:
Original post by Ronove
Not sure about 'most'. It would be good with jeans though. Having to reach into the pockets (or, god forbid, inside the waistband) to straighten out an oddly-sitting pocket is annoying. It's not like we really use pockets for putting stuff in - it sits weirdly and looks and feels weird.

Something known to disappointingly few people of the male or female genders - men and women do not think differently in the way society likes to tell you. Stop ****ing buying into it. It seems relatively harmless but it's annoying as **** when it crops up.

Tbf it's not harmless at all to some people, it creates the likes of Elliot Rodgers.
Original post by tazarooni89
How do you know, without having experienced both?

How do you know they think differently without having experienced both?

Your statement proves nothing.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
How do you know they think differently without having experienced both?

I didn't say they think differently.

Your statement proves nothing.

It was a question, not a statement.
(edited 9 years ago)

It was a question, not a statement.

I assumed you were using the question to make the statement that men adn women do in fact thing differently.
I assumed you were using the question to make the statement that men adn women do in fact thing differently.

I was using the question to request evidence from someone making a claim about something. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Do you believe there are no inherent differences between the way women think and the way men think?

Do you believe there are no inherent differences between the way women think and the way men think?

Dunno. I would say thee is far less differences than what there is made out to be (my gut feeling). Especially when you compare how things are to say 100 years ago.
Dunno. I would say thee is far less differences than what there is made out to be (my gut feeling). Especially when you compare how things are to say 100 years ago.

For example? What differences between men and women's minds are made out by society, that don't really exist?

Are there any differences that do really exist?
For example? What differences between men and women's minds are made out by society, that don't really exist?

Are there any differences that do really exist?

I did say gut feeling. Well there are differences that are fundamentally genetic. Then you got differences that manifest due to nurture and social conditioning by society ect (these can be changed). Then you got differences that don't really exist at all.

I'm not a psychologist or sociologist. I am lazy though. Google is your friend.
I did say gut feeling. Well there are differences that are fundamentally genetic. Then you got differences that manifest due to nurture and social conditioning by society ect (these can be changed). Then you got differences that don't really exist at all.

I'm not a psychologist or sociologist. I am lazy though. Google is your friend.

Do you have any of your own gut feelings about what these genetic, societal, and non-existent differences might be? Google is my friend for helping me form my own opinions, but not so much for finding out the opinions of others :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by chocolatesauce
Some things are better to be kept to ourselves, I aint revealing any of our girly secrets :ninja: women have their own chamber of secrets :smug:

Original post by CescaD96
I've said all I will, I will now maintain silence like you :smile:

Original post by karmacrunch
I read all of the that... Yeesh. :lolwut:

Of course! :ahee:

:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you would gladly read our secrets but not divulge any in return? :colonhash:
Men are more likely to get aids than women.
Reply 73
Original post by TheBBQ

Anything we say, you boys will complain that you have worse problems.
This thread has been done before. One insight from the last one I particularly liked was that when women shower (with long hair), hair falls out and gets trapped in the battycrease and has to be removed.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Tbf it's not harmless at all to some people, it creates the likes of Elliot Rodgers.

No, mental illness creates people like ER.
Original post by TheBBQ

It's not our fault men can't keep their own secrets
Original post by Wilfred Little
This thread has been done before. One insight from the last one I particularly liked was that when women shower (with long hair), hair falls out and gets trapped in the battycrease and has to be removed.

Lmao, is this for real?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lmao, is this for real?

It was definitely posted. I'm not making it up.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2317917&page=13

:smile:
Original post by chocolatesauce
It's not our fault men can't keep their own secrets

Meh, I think women tend to be much more secretive if I'm honest, men don't really have many secrets :lol:.

Quick Reply

Latest