The Student Room Group

Getting motivated again?

I feel like I've lost interest in my studies... Which isn't ideal at any time ever, but at this point in time especially, since I'm studying A2 and my exams are going to creep up ever so quick. Is there a way of getting motivated to study again, and to stop being lazy when it comes to academia? Thankssss
What are you doing instead of studying?
What are the consequences of you not studying?
Do you need any help with your studies?
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1

Avoiding exerting any effort into anything whatsoever. So procrastinating at great lengths.
My grades deteriorating too greatly past the point upon which I could still have the chance to save it.
I need a LOT of help, but my teachers either: a) Don't have the time for me or b) Have given up on me or c) spend their time on other students who don't actually need their help. :frown:
I think you might be depressed. Sadly it seems to be the case that most depressed people are given some tablets by their GPs and shown out the door so it'll be easier if you can tell us whether anything bad has happened to you, because that might have affected your studies
Reply 4
Study or you will flop and end up in a minimum wage job, getting managed by a prick who treats you like an idiot, with co-workers who get to the top by sucking up.

And the worst part is you couldn't even think to yourself 'They treat me like an idiot, but I am actually intelligent and deserve better', because your qualifications say otherwise.

You're protected from the big wide world at school and college, but it's coming to get you sooner than you think. Mommy won't be there to hold your hand and protect you when you trudge into work.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tnshattock
I feel like I've lost interest in my studies... Which isn't ideal at any time ever, but at this point in time especially, since I'm studying A2 and my exams are going to creep up ever so quick. Is there a way of getting motivated to study again, and to stop being lazy when it comes to academia? Thankssss

Winners are too busy to be sad,
too positive to be doubtful,
too optimistic to be fearful,
and too determined to be defeated.

Reply 6
Original post by German123

hmmm, now that sounds good
Original post by German123

You can't enjoy winning if you don't learn from losing
You can't enjoy winning if you don't learn from losing

Not necessarily.
hmmm, now that sounds good

:smile:

Great advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott.M
Study or you will flop and end up in a minimum wage job, getting managed by a prick who treats you like an idiot, with co-workers who get to the top by sucking up.

And the worst part is you couldn't even think to yourself 'They treat me like an idiot, but I am actually intelligent and deserve better', because your qualifications say otherwise.

You're protected from the big wide world at school and college, but it's coming to get you sooner than you think. Mommy won't be there to hold your hand and protect you when you trudge into work.

Omg this is by far the best one
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott.M

Ouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What A-Levels do you?
Reply 14
Original post by XavierMyshkin
What A-Levels do you?

Physics, French and English Literature (gen studies too, but they don't really count)
Anymore
...anyone? ????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest