The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Not true at all... i'm 6ft1 and dog ugly, my face would probably look better with a brown paper bag over it. Being a few inches taller doesn't suddenly make you a better person or more appealing.

Looks are obviously important as well, not sure why people suggest otherwise :dontknow:

That's probably not true have some more confidence, and in any case not the point I was making. If someone was considered the same level as you looks wise, and for the situation to remove doubt let's say an identical personality, you would get the girl over the shorter guy.
Original post by The.Joker
Not everyone is shallow like that though. Each to their own I guess...

Why is it shallow though? Surely you want to have a good looking desirable partner (desirable can encompass height, money, personality etc.) I don't buy into the argument that getting a partner based on looks (as long as it isn't PURELY looks) is shallow.
Original post by Zürich
Ive worked in banks and 100% you notice that people are just taller. Also more midgets though with chips on their shoulder though tbf.

Are there also racist, homophobic, and drug/alcohol abusing idiots who claim to know z-list celebrities? :biggrin:
Original post by sr90
Not true at all... i'm 6ft1 and dog ugly, my face would probably look better with a brown paper bag over it. Being a few inches taller doesn't suddenly make you a better person or more appealing.

Looks are obviously important as well, not sure why people suggest otherwise :dontknow:

:biggrin::biggrin:

Honesty is going to reward you in life pal. Not sure when, but it will.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Tom, do you find yourself being romantically interested in one sex more than the other but sexually interested in both? Just wondering can tell me to mind my own if you like.

Romatically and sexually in both, but I will NEVER be the 'bottom bitch'. Ever.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Probably true. For me personally once you're at a certain level then it doesn't matter after that.

My last girlfriend was really good looking, had a nice big batty, large breasts, wavy brunette hair, impeccably groomed etc, spot on but dull as dishwater, an airhead and generally shallow. Think Kim K in personality.

I would take an objectively speaking, less better looking over that but if they had bad hygiene, were seriously overweight, bad skin etc it wouldn't matter how great their personality was.

In my opinion of course.

Yeah it's all about having someone who overall is great rather than having just one or two stand out features/characteristics.

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Why is it shallow though? Surely you want to have a good looking desirable partner (desirable can encompass height, money, personality etc.) I don't buy into the argument that getting a partner based on looks (as long as it isn't PURELY looks) is shallow.

I agree, a balance is needed in terms of looks/money/ambition/height/personality etc. I meant that some people wouldn't mind if the person is average looking/below average as long all other qualities are right for them.
Original post by Parano!d
With RBS as an analyst, on 50k after 2 years. IB is the game. Call me when you reach my level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posting on an internet forum.
They are important don't get me wrong but if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone then their personality triumphs since their good looks would eventually fade away as they get older.

A bengali hijabi like you is going to marry a 5ft 4 accountant called Jaleb Choudhary
Original post by AR_95
A bengali hijabi like you is going to marry a 5ft 4 accountant called Jaleb Choudhary

I aint getting married anytime soon so I'll cross that bridge when I get there... :ninja:
I aint getting married anytime soon so I'll cross that bridge when I get there... :ninja:

Nonsense. As long as you can child bear, your parents will feel you are ready!
Original post by AR_95
Nonsense. As long as you can child bear, your parents will feel you are ready!

I'm the precious little baby of the family, I aint going nowhere :nah:

You should really be studying AR, otherwise your parents won't be able to find a bride for you :lol:
I'm the precious little baby of the family, I aint going nowhere :nah:

You should really be studying AR, otherwise your parents won't be able to find a bride for you :lol:

My family aren't really that devoted and I'm 99% sure I won't be put in an arranged marriage.
[video="youtube;vsp18UOLveU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsp18UOLveU[/video]
^ Just skanked so hard I popped my shoulder.
Original post by Tom_Ford
^ Just skanked so hard I popped my shoulder.

you stopid
AR makes a classy return with the dead Bengali arranged marriage jokes. Nice.

^ lol btw
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
AR makes a classy return with the dead Bengali arranged marriage jokes. Nice.

^ lol btw

What are people doing for new years?
Original post by icejjfish(ii)
ar makes a classy return with the dead bengali arranged marriage jokes. Nice.

^ lol btw

i know you missed me

:colondollar:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
What are people doing for new years?

Nothing. I was working a 5 till 5 shift today and I'm working at 5am tomorrow morning too :smile:

Every other year I usually head out to the fireworks though. Not doing that this time though they can piss right off charging 10 pound to enter central london wtf

Latest