The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DCMed96
Had literally given up... anyone on same boat as me?

Yhhh!!! Gave up a loooong time ago.... tbh im expecting a rejection, thats y im not so fussed abt how long left haha. Allow it, hopefully our other 3 unis'll giv us offers! (Or at least one...!
Original post by Master219
Yhhh!!! Gave up a loooong time ago.... tbh im expecting a rejection, thats y im not so fussed abt how long left haha. Allow it, hopefully our other 3 unis'll giv us offers! (Or at least one...!

yeah I am off to imperial next year, considering it is very likely that imperial is the only offer I have...:
Original post by DCMed96
yeah I am off to imperial next year, considering it is very likely that imperial is the only offer I have...:

Oh yh, i remember. Congratulations man!!! :smile: do u rlly need another offer?! :wink: hav u completed ur A Levels?
Soooo happy for u m8, gd luck with the rest of ur application btw! :smile:
(i got an interview for imperial but it was soo booked so its on 3rd march (that was the earliest...)). Where else did u apply?
Oh yh, i remember. Congratulations man!!! :smile: do u rlly need another offer?! :wink: hav u completed ur A Levels?
Soooo happy for u m8, gd luck with the rest of ur application btw! :smile:
(i got an interview for imperial but it was soo booked so its on 3rd march (that was the earliest...)). Where else did u apply?

Birmingham and Cardiff. Birmingham interview late jan. Cardiff ignore me .......
Original post by DCMed96
Birmingham and Cardiff. Birmingham interview late jan. Cardiff ignore me .......

dw, im sure ull b fine. and congrats on the bham interview!
Original post by DCMed96
Expecting a rejection. You?

Yeah, me too. My interviews couldn't have gone much worse :frown: why are you expecting one?

Original post by RainbowVeins
Currently my state is alternating between "ahhh can they not just let me know already" and "OMG no no no no no only two weeks left :eek:" So yeah, I'm feeling pretty nervous, but I have a weird sense of excitement too 😂

Haha me too!! I want to know, yet I know when I get the letter it will take me at least an hour to open it! 😂 it's just scary isn't it... But cambridge was always a long shot I guess :smile:

Original post by a123a
Yep the nerves have kicked in.

Me too. Just hoping for the best, but expecting the worst :smile:
Reply 606
Original post by Elishaclark2
Yeah, me too. My interviews couldn't have gone much worse :frown: why are you expecting one?

Haha me too!! I want to know, yet I know when I get the letter it will take me at least an hour to open it! it's just scary isn't it... But cambridge was always a long shot I guess :smile:

Me too. Just hoping for the best, but expecting the worst :smile:

This. You have took the words out of my mouth.

Original post by DCMed96
Had literally given up... anyone on same boat as me?

I always think that there is a glimmer of hope that I can cling onto but when I think realistically it just disappears. :frown:

Anyway good luck to all!
Original post by dandelion-field
OMG I think I showed the interviewers what ultimate stupidity is when my answer to "where do T cells mature" was thylakoid instead of thalamus. :O

Haha I did apologise at the end though. :tongue:

Do you study the immune system in school then? There's none of that on my exam board :frown:

Original post by DCMed96
Expecting a rejection. You?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that if someone is not expecting a rejection they probably haven't considered the probability of getting in well enough, so I think we're all in the same boat. As elishaclark said, expect the worst, hope for the best :smile:
What is the average GCSE grades for a Cambridge medical student? :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
What is the average GCSE grades for a Cambridge medical student? :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

about 100A* at GCSE .. if you dont have that.. dont apply

Spoiler

Original post by Paras Agarwal
about 100A* at GCSE .. if you dont have that.. dont apply

Spoiler

Hahaha good one!
Thanks! :biggrin:
Are ưe gonna hear back tmr ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #wanttobeamedic
Are ưe gonna hear back tmr ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the letter will be sent on the 9th :smile:
Does anybody know if we get an email in addition to the letter and if so, when it would be sent? :smile: thanks!
Does anybody know if we get an email in addition to the letter and if so, when it would be sent? :smile: thanks!

Depends on college, some colleges send letter only and some send email and letter (like trinity send email on 10th to all applicants). Some colleges say that if u dont receive ur letter by the 12th u can contact them and they will send u a copy of the letter by email.
Original post by ellipsis...
Has anyone else had an interview at emmanuel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had one on the 10th
When they say a letter will be posted on the 9th, does that mean they will seal an envelope and go to the post office on the 9th or that we'll receive a letter on the 9th? If the latter is true, i'm skipping school.
Original post by TheHopefulIdiot
When they say a letter will be posted on the 9th, does that mean they will seal an envelope and go to the post office on the 9th or that we'll receive a letter on the 9th? If the latter is true, i'm skipping school.

9th is the posting date, which means that's when they seal envelopes. And I'm pretty sure all colleges send emails on the 10th for international applicants.
Depends on college, some colleges send letter only and some send email and letter (like trinity send email on 10th to all applicants). Some colleges say that if u dont receive ur letter by the 12th u can contact them and they will send u a copy of the letter by email.

Thank you :smile: does anyone know if St John's will send emails? Waiting until the 12th for my letter feels like a torturous wait :frown:
Thank you :smile: does anyone know if St John's will send emails? Waiting until the 12th for my letter feels like a torturous wait :frown:

np :smile:

Im sure u wont have to wait till the 12th... cuz u should get ur letter on the 10/11 tbh.
Not sure actually, u can drop them an email, tho id wait till monday to send an email (if u havnt found out by then) cuz theyll b open then so theyll reply pretty quick.

Gd luck with ur application anyways!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending