The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JulianRothschild
No Dupe.

Nobody inherently wants to be lazy. Certain fears paralyse their minds and hopefully they will eventually rise to the occasion.

I agree.
Original post by jam277
I guess so. I'm pretty work shy/lazy although I'm trying hard to change that.

Did you get that tax rebate btw?

I'm horribly lazy, always have been. Always nice to be kept occupied though.

Haven't heard back from them yet! In theory I should get the lot back (which I worked out as being £900) because my earnings from this year are a few £k away from the threshold, but that's probably being a bit too hopeful :tongue: If I could get a months bills out of it i'd be delighted.
Man learning to drive is hard. I am terrible at it. Have had so many lessons in the past but gave up for 3 years and now I am back near the start again. I just cannot get the gear change/judgment right at junctions and roundabouts, that is the hardest part.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Man learning to drive is hard. I am terrible at it. Have had so many lessons in the past but gave up for 3 years and now I am back near the start again. I just cannot get the gear change/judgment right at junctions and roundabouts, that is the hardest part.

Roundabouts were hard yeah, literally keep practising. Just don't take risks, don't be too hesitant and trust your judgment. Something that helped me is when being a passenger with parents/older siblings observing how they did everything, when they decided it was a safe gap and when to check mirrors etc. but it's like online tests, practise makes perfect.

I've booked my test now. So actually need to revise for theory.

I don't know I really need to knuckle down on a few things.
(edited 9 years ago)
I hesitate when I get to junctions and roundabouts because obviously there are times when you cannot see things till late and then you have to make a judgment on gear changing. Stalled today at a busy t-junction (if I remember correctly), was going too slow in first deciding whether to stop or go.

Driving is not one of my strengths lol.
Original post by Zürich
Anyone watching the Darts?

Such a ludicrous spectacle, strangely entertaining though. Looks a proper laugh being there as well with the fancy dress and the walk ons :laugh:

Darts is a quality night out, went to one of the Premier League nights year ago. You get lots of people who don't really care about the darts and just go for a piss up, it's like going to the student union at uni.
Student loan dropped this morning

bitcoin-gone.jpg

Bloody rent
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Shed End

bitcoin-gone.jpg

Bloody rent

I have 8 days of glory until my rent.
I consider that a challenge...

bitcoin-gone.jpg

Bloody rent

bitcoin-gone.jpg

Bloody rent

I miss student loan day. Nothing quite like waking up and seeing a free £2000 in your account. Oh what I'd give for that now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
student loan days for me were glorious... the only 3 days of the year when my account balance did not start with a minus symbol...

paydays now just are not quite the same.. no special feeling because they come to frequently, and you know that you have traded your time for that money, so it does not feel like a treat..

(then again, neither should a loan, but...)

Try an automatic? :innocent:

Original post by Zürich
Anyone watching the Darts?

Such a ludicrous spectacle, strangely entertaining though. Looks a proper laugh being there as well with the fancy dress and the walk ons :laugh:

Taylor got beat. Interesting viewing that was.

Original post by jam277
I've booked my test now. So actually need to revise for theory.

I don't know I really need to knuckle down on a few things.

I've got my driving test on Wednesday guys! My time is 8.57am :colonhash:
nearly bang in the middle of rush hour. I'm quite nervous tbf.
When's your test? Must be next month I guess?

Bloody rent

All on rent? :eek: aww man.
Mine's due today as well :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
student loan days for me were glorious... the only 3 days of the year when my account balance did not start with a minus symbol...

paydays now just are not quite the same.. no special feeling because they come to frequently, and you know that you have traded your time for that money, so it does not feel like a treat..

(then again, neither should a loan, but...)

It's a bit strange when you think that 3 months maintenance loan is equivalent to 1 months full time work on the minimum wage.
Tfw loan comes in and you live at home :cool:
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Tfw loan comes in and you live at home :cool:

Haha same, that's true. One of the ONLY perks :excited:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Haha same, that's true. One of the ONLY perks :excited:

A great perk though, I spent too much last time and didn't save as much as I'd like, this time I'm gonna scrimp and should be able to fund a holiday for after May exams :laugh:
Original post by sr90
It's a bit strange when you think that 3 months maintenance loan is equivalent to 1 months full time work on the minimum wage.

its crazy - the amount of money I have now, even though I am by no means very well paid, makes me question how I ever managed to live on a student loan

But then I never remember being that tight on money, and I always seemed to find disposable income to spend on having a good time..

I guess students outgoings, especially in first year, are so small, with only really rent and food as nessesities, that you can lead a pretty comfortable life with comparitivly little money..
Original post by Wilfred Little

[video="youtube;-7akjeomUck"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7akjeomUck[/video]

Latest