The Student Room Group

Gcse religious study tips?!?

For GCSE I am doing EDEXCEL R.E. (Marks Gospel & Christianity)
I have one problem!
I find it difficult to revise for it!!!
:confused::confused::s-smilie::s-smilie:
I find all my other subjects easy but r.e is definitely my weakness.

How did/do you revise for R.E? (especially the C question!!??)
Is it effective?
How shouldn't I revise for it?
What did you get?
Any extra tips!?!

Thanks ! (I also have my mock exams coming up soon:frown:)

If you have any general tips or are studying a different exam boards feel free to comment please as I'd really appreciate it!:o:)

Thanks again!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Greatthinker

???
I'm doing gcse RE at the moment also and we just did mocks and surprisingly I got an A. I would recommend learning key teachings because u can apply them in any situation, learn the keywords and go through the content and understand it. Also, revise the exam technique which is very important:
A questions (2marks): definition of the word and example
B question (4marks): your own opinion 2 PEEL paragraphs (point, evidence, explanation, link)
C question (8 marks): 4 peel paragraphs, no opinion, all fact based
D question (6 marks): your opinion 3x evidence (no explanation), why someone would disagree with you 3x evidence. There are other ways if doing this question but this is probably the easiest method
Reply 4
Original post by School sucks
I'm doing gcse RE at the moment also and we just did mocks and surprisingly I got an A. I would recommend learning key teachings because u can apply them in any situation, learn the keywords and go through the content and understand it. Also, revise the exam technique which is very important:
A questions (2marks): definition of the word and example
B question (4marks): your own opinion 2 PEEL paragraphs (point, evidence, explanation, link)
C question (8 marks): 4 peel paragraphs, no opinion, all fact based
D question (6 marks): your opinion 3x evidence (no explanation), why someone would disagree with you 3x evidence. There are other ways if doing this question but this is probably the easiest method

Well done! And thanks for the help 😆:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did my RE GCSE last year same spec as you and got an A.. My biggest tips would be firstly learning key teachings and concepts but PAST PAPERS are th way forward.. Literally as many as you can get your hands on and mark schemes just mark them yourself, because at the end of the day it's all about what the examiner is looking for in your answer and if you know that then you will be fine! Hope that helps, best of luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just me or is it extremely difficult to acheive an A*.
Original post by diana99
???

...???
Reply 8
Original post by Greatthinker
Is it just me or is it extremely difficult to acheive an A*.

I find it difficult as well :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by megwanjames
I did my RE GCSE last year same spec as you and got an A.. My biggest tips would be firstly learning key teachings and concepts but PAST PAPERS are th way forward.. Literally as many as you can get your hands on and mark schemes just mark them yourself, because at the end of the day it's all about what the examiner is looking for in your answer and if you know that then you will be fine! Hope that helps, best of luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!This will really help!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
For GCSE I am doing EDEXCEL R.E. (Marks Gospel & Christianity)
I have one problem!
I find it difficult to revise for it!!!
:confused::confused::s-smilie::s-smilie:
I find all my other subjects easy but r.e is definitely my weakness.

How did/do you revise for R.E? (especially the C question!!??)
Is it effective?
How shouldn't I revise for it?
What did you get?
Any extra tips!?!

Thanks ! (I also have my mock exams coming up soon:frown:)

If you have any general tips or are studying a different exam boards feel free to comment please as I'd really appreciate it!:o:)

Thanks again!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I did mine last year, I found it easier to lean the key teachings e.g. agape love and other key bible passages that can be applied to lots of questions, hope this helps and good luck :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by skidders
I did mine last year, I found it easier to lean the key teachings e.g. agape love and other key bible passages that can be applied to lots of questions, hope this helps and good luck :biggrin:

Thank you!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending