The Student Room Group

The 'Food Poisoning' excuse

Just wondering...
Have your friends/etc ever given you the 'I've got food poisoning' excuse to decline an invitation?
A good friend used this excuse when I casually asked them (in text form) if they wanted to see a film (that they'd already said they want to see at some point) in the cinema tomorrow...
It could be a totally true and legitimate excuse for all I know, but for some reason, I can't help but think they're lying? Probably cuz it's such a generic 'excuse' and it sort of came out of nowhere!
So. Have you ever had people use this excuse on you? I'm trying hard to believe this person is genuinely sick and not just giving an excuse. But thought I'd ask anyway out of curiosity.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering...
Have your friends/etc ever given you the 'I've got food poisoning' excuse to decline an invitation?
A good friend used this excuse when I casually asked them (in text form) if they wanted to see a film (that they'd already said they want to see at some point) in the cinema tomorrow...
It could be a totally true and legitimate excuse for all I know, but for some reason, I can't help but think they're lying? Probably cuz it's such a generic 'excuse' and it sort of came out of nowhere!
So. Have you ever had people use this excuse on you? I'm trying hard to believe this person is genuinely sick and not just giving an excuse. But thought I'd ask anyway out of curiosity.

Suppose there is no way of telling if they are telling the truth or lying unless say someone see's them out somewhere else. I am sure people have used that excuse to me in the past to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending