The Student Room Group

MPhil Management in Cambridge 2015-2016 Thread

Just got an offer from Management today.
Does anyone know the career prospective of this course?
You can check out this thread which might be useful: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1889191

Can I ask when you applied and what your profile is like? Cheers :smile:
Reply 2
jqg
OP
I applied mid Oct which is quite early.
I am studying Econ/Stats in UCL.
First 2 years I got 80 overall.
When did you apply?
Reply 3
Hey! I got my offer yesterday. The course seems interesting and the Cambridge brand name is another asset, however, I am still not decided whether to accept or not. The costs are huge and there are other cheaper programmes offering the comparable quality.

As to the career prospects, I heard about 2 graduates: the first one got job at McKinsey the second one at BCG. I would really not be afraid about the career possibilities.
Reply 4
Marteen92, if you dont mind, could you share your profile please and the date when you applied? I am also one of applicants but applied late Nov
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by jqg
When did you apply?

your profile looks so great! congratulations!
Reply 6
Original post by jqg
When did you apply?

If you don't mind me asking, why management? That background usually has people looking for a somewhat more rigorous/quants oriented masters?

Original post by Marteen92
Hey! I got my offer yesterday. The course seems interesting and the Cambridge brand name is another asset, however, I am still not decided whether to accept or not. The costs are huge and there are other cheaper programmes offering the comparable quality.

Judge very seldom gives out offers before the application deadline so well done, you must have had a stellar application!
Reply 7
Original post by camoffers
Marteen92, if you dont mind, could you share your profile please and the date when you applied? I am also one of applicants but applied late Nov

Economics and Finance bachelor degree at a top university in the Czech Republic
Top 5% of my class, GPA equivalent to 3.8-3.9 approximately
GMAT 710
a short internship in a management consulting firm
member of a student consulting organisation

applied early in September
Reply 8
wow, congratulations, you guys got offers so early!
Could anyone suggest me with my possibility of entering into Cambridge MPhil Management?
My profile is Accounting and Finance bachelor degree at top 8 in the UK,
first year average 82, second year 78 average, with academic excellence in first year,
no internship, no GMAT, only hold roles in Uni, i applied at late Nov.
Please leave your comment to me, i will be grateful for you guys' comment!
Reply 9
Economics and Finance bachelor degree at a top university in the Czech Republic
Top 5% of my class, GPA equivalent to 3.8-3.9 approximately
GMAT 710
a short internship in a management consulting firm
member of a student consulting organisation

applied early in September

so great profile!!congra with your offer!!!
Original post by jqg
When did you apply?

congrats!!!!
Original post by mphilmana
wow, congratulations, you guys got offers so early!
Could anyone suggest me with my possibility of entering into Cambridge MPhil Management?
My profile is Accounting and Finance bachelor degree at top 8 in the UK,
first year average 82, second year 78 average, with academic excellence in first year,
no internship, no GMAT, only hold roles in Uni, i applied at late Nov.
Please leave your comment to me, i will be grateful for you guys' comment!

You should have taken GMAT, in my opinion with GMAT score of 650+ you would be 100% in. Nevertheless, I still think you have very good chances.
Original post by jqg
When did you apply?

Have you already been admitted to a college? I have been waiting for a month and still "seeking college membership".
Reply 13
jqg
OP
Yes I ve been admired by Queens College:smile: I think you will get your college membership soon cuz I also waited about a month
Have you already been admitted to a college? I have been waiting for a month and still "seeking college membership".
Congrats to all to the people who already got accepted! I applied a few weeks ago and am still awaiting the results!
Reply 15
Currently doing Cambridge MPhil Management and really like it. I would recommend this course if you are confident enough that you can manage it, as the programme is VERY rigorous and intense. There are a lot of benefits here in Cambridge (which you won't have anywhere else): college system, huge libraries, excellent facilities, numerous societies, etc. I am very happy to be a student here.
Good luck with your applications!
Reply 16
Original post by jqg
Yes I ve been admired by Queens College:smile: I think you will get your college membership soon cuz I also waited about a month

Hello, Can I ask you a question, which is have you applied to Queens College or they automatically allocate you Queens College?
Reply 17
jqg
OP
Original post by Zhedong
Hello, Can I ask you a question, which is have you applied to Queens College or they automatically allocate you Queens College?

hey i have applied for queens as my 2nd choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending