The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
That's so cool. I want one.

Me too, I would love to have a sword (is it weird to say that?) they look very very awesome.

My cousins all had jambiyas (a kind of curved dagger) when they lived in Yemen, unfortunately I have never been to Yemen, nor am I male lol
Original post by themorninglight
The sword of Ottoman sultan Mehmed II was inscribed with the following prayer:

“In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. True religion ties us together and shines, opening with blessed verses and sharp, strong, and bright swords. All thanks are to Allah the Exalted. Peace and blessings, and the best of expressions for Prophet Muhammad and the members of his family also. Oh Allah! Bless through the religion of power and exaltation the soldiers and the warrior sultan. Make sharp the sword of Sultan Murad’s son, Mehmed Khan and give him power every time he unsheathes his sword to spread your laws, and to destroy your enemies, oh Lord of the Universe. He is son of Murad, the son Mehmed, the son of Bayezid, the son of Murat, the son of Orhan, the son of Osman. Oh Allah, make the graves of the martyrs a fertile garden with pure water and shade, and bless them with Heaven. Amen, oh Lord of the Universe."

Cool huh?

Damn, that sword looks better than all the swords I got in skyrim:biggrin:
Me too, I would love to have a sword (is it weird to say that?) they look very very awesome.

My cousins all had jambiyas (a kind of curved dagger) when they lived in Yemen, unfortunately I have never been to Yemen, nor am I male lol

I'd love to carry one for self-defence. My mum was threatened on the street yesterday so I guess it's not a bad idea.

Haha no it's not weird to say that. Yeah they do.
Why do you need to be a male to have to carry one? :tongue:
Original post by HAnwar
Haha no it's not weird to say that. Yeah they do.
Why do you need to be a male to have to carry one? :tongue:

The jambiya is only worn by men in Yemen, symbol of manhood and all that. You even have boys as young as 8 or 9 running around with it tucked into their waist lol. Women don't wear them.

Original post by Mary562
I'd love to carry one for self-defence. My mum was threatened on the street yesterday so I guess it's not a bad idea.

Pretty sure that would be illegal? So sorry to hear about your mum though, may Allah protect her and all your family. Was this in the UK?
The jambiya is only worn by men in Yemen, symbol of manhood and all that. You even have boys as young as 8 or 9 running around with it tucked into their waist lol. Women don't wear them.

Pretty sure that would be illegal? So sorry to hear about your mum though, may Allah protect her and all your family. Was this in the UK?

I know it would be illegal but I do't think I'll cause any harm to anyone. I don't think I'll have the courage to keep it for too long if I had one. Yes in Birming, Mum went out to do some shopping when it happened
Pathetic people

Lol I didn't know that. Sounds cool.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are ahmadiyya Muslims mistreated in Muslim countries such as Pakistan?(I'm from that sect).
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Man, I feel like crying. I just read through 25 pages of the thread, quoting posts and replying to them. Then I copy a URL and it all gets wiped.

Hight-time to download a clipboard tool methinks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ash92:)
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Man, I feel like crying. I just read through 25 pages of the thread, quoting posts and replying to them. Then I copy a URL and it all gets wiped.

Wasalaam

LOL. Sorry to hear that :teehee:
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Walaykumasalaam

I hate when that happens just forget it don't bother
Imagine it happens again you'll probably break your laptop :mmm:
[video="youtube;fKIVxVzPAR8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIVxVzPAR8[/video]
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Under the text box you were typing in, does it not say something like 'restore auto-saved content'? TSR saves a copy of what you're typing like every 30 secs or something.
Original post by generic_man
Under the text box you were typing in, does it not say something like 'restore auto-saved content'? TSR saves a copy of what you're typing like every 30 secs or something.

Yeh, tried that but didn't restore enough - thanks anyway.
Reply 1117
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Wa'Alaykumussalaam,

you might have accidentally highlighted your whole message and then that link replaced the whole lot (happened to me a few times) but you could've got back everything you typed before by pressing ctrl+z.
Original post by ko111
Wa'Alaykumussalaam,

you might have accidentally highlighted your whole message and then that link replaced the whole lot (happened to me a few times) but you could've got back everything you typed before by pressing ctrl+z.

Nah, I copied it, clicked on the next isoc page (the last one :colonhash:), then clicked another tab to copy a URL, then returned to the TSR tab to find it lost.

Off to the techie side of TSR I go :getmecoat:

Iqbal007

Ankabout
Reply 1119
Nah, I copied it, clicked on the next isoc page (the last one :colonhash:), then clicked another tab to copy a URL, then returned to the TSR tab to find it lost.

Off to the techie side of TSR I go :getmecoat:

bro what did you do after copying the message on the tab you were on? because you said above is that you clicked on the next isoc page and then opened another tab it seems you didn't paste your message in the new tsr page you were on.
what you should've done was opened the last page of isoc in a new tab and the url you were gonna type in another tab, so have three tabs open and then copy the url in the original if that makes sense..

also good keys to remember especially if you're writing long messages (if you're using windows):
ctrl+c:copy
ctrl+v: paste
ctrl+y:redo
ctrl+z:undo
ctrl+a: highlights everything (press ctrl+c to copy the whole lot afterwards)

I hope that helps..
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending