The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
oh its all over the news. Must be true then. Oh there's a video too. That puts it into 100% sure truth.

What news channel or source do you trust?
Original post by ash92:)
May Allah ta'ala protect our hearts from losing the essence of imaan and the appreciation for the phrase "Allahu a'lam".

Ameen

Muslims avoid harming people with their words and deeds

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,

Verily, a servant may say a word only to make people laugh and due to it he plummets farther than the distance between heaven and earth. Verily, a man stumbles due to his tongue more than he stumbles with his two feet.

Source: Shu’b Al-Iman 4484
Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

[video="youtube;pNcuqjkKCM0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNcuqjkKCM0[/video]
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
أَعَفُّ النَّاسِ قِتْلَةً أَهْلُ الْإِيمَانِ

The most restrained of the people regarding killing are the people of faith.

Source: Musnad Ahmad 3720 - Ahmad Shakir said Saheeh

Al-Ghazali, may Allah have mercy on him, said:

لكننا نعنى بالمصلحة المحافظة على مقصود الشرع ومقصود الشرع من الخلق خمسة وهو أن يحفظ عليهم دينهم وأنفسهم وعقلهم ونسلهم ومالهم فكل ما يتضمن حفظ هذه الأصول الخمسة فهو مصلحة وكل ما يفوت هذه الأصول الخمسة فهو مفسدة

Welfare which we mean here is the protection of the objectives of the Sharia. Namely, the objectives of the Sharia are five in creation: the protection of religion, life, intellect, family relations, and property. Everything that advances the protection of these five fundamentals is considered benefit, and everything which fails to protect these five fundamentals is considered corruption.

Source: Al-Mustasfa min Ilm al-Usul 287

Original post by Incredible97

Jazakallah Khayran for sharing this
Original post by Incredible97

Ameen

Ameen.

This is so tragic.

"Is the school time over? My son will come out now" :frown:
https://www.facebook.com/tribuneblogs/photos/a.147009948750244.29599.125058530945386/692998940818006/?type=1
(edited 9 years ago)

Yes I agree we should be careful of our words. If I hurt someone, please do forgive me. :smile: Here is something I wrote several years ago:
Use words with caution... Words build. Words destroy. Words crush. Words heal. Words reveal. Words deceive. Words inspire.
Every single word out of your mouth must be said with thought and care... for words could set the world on fire.
Original post by Ankabout
Ameen.

This is so tragic.

https://www.facebook.com/tribuneblogs/photos/a.147009948750244.29599.125058530945386/692998940818006/?type=1

That is really sad. Poor woman.
Ameen.

This is so tragic.

The life we're living and the life of those who are less fortunate
subhanAllah :frown:
Reply 1288
What news channel or source do you trust?

Saw him posting a link from al-jazeera the other day and guess what: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2015/01/syria-rebels-destroy-13th-century-muslim-tomb-2015189829785527.html

"The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Wednesday, the mausoleum of Imam Nawawi in Nawa, near the Jordanian border, had been destroyed by the armed group."

"Al-Qaeda-linked Nusra Front blows up 800-year-old mausoleum of leading Islamic scholar, Imam Nawawi, in Deraa province."
(edited 9 years ago)
oh yes because i posted a link must mean i see them as 100% authoritative on everything they report.
Reply 1290
oh yes because i posted a link must mean i see them as 100% authoritative on everything they report.

:biggrin: you're a funny guy man
Please don't fight. Let people believe what they want.
Tafseer Of Surah Al Kahf - New 2015 Lecture - Nouman Ali Khan

[video="youtube;aBABTn1Vni0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBABTn1Vni0[/video]
Original post by ko111
:biggrin: you're a funny guy man

I wish i could say the same.

The simple fact is why do they Insist they didn't do it? Since when have they shied away from taking responsibility for acts they commit whether good or bad? They acknowledge killing some civilians, they acknowledge the destruction of some tombs, what is is that prevents them from taking responsibility for this? Is it a desire to make themselves look better? They have never done so before when they do what they deem to be correct heck al-Qaida calls the henious acts in paris "The blessed paris operation".
I wish i could say the same.

The simple fact is why do they Insist they didn't do it? Since when have they shied away from taking responsibility for acts they commit whether good or bad? They acknowledge killing some civilians, they acknowledge the destruction of some tombs, what is is that prevents them from taking responsibility for this? Is it a desire to make themselves look better? They have never done so before when they do what they deem to be correct heck al-Qaida calls the henious acts in paris "The blessed paris operation".

I don't know. Maybe some regret it as it makes them look bad while others state the opposite.
﴿أَنَّهُ مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) The Ayah states, whoever kills a soul without justification -- such as in retaliation for murder or for causing mischief on earth -- will be as if he has killed all mankind, because there is no difference between one life and another.

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(and if anyone saved a life...) by preventing its blood from being shed and believing in its sanctity, then all people will have been saved from him, so,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) Al-A`mash and others said that Abu Salih said that Abu Hurayrah said, "I entered on `Uthman when he was under siege in his house and said, `I came to give you my support. Now, it is good to fight (defending you) O Leader of the Faithful!' He said, `O Abu Hurayrah! Does it please you that you kill all people, including me' I said, `No.' He said, `If you kill one man, it is as if you killed all people. Therefore, go back with my permission for you to leave. May you receive your reward and be saved from burden.' So I went back and did not fight.''' `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "It is as Allah has stated,

﴿مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) Saving life in this case occurs by not killing a soul that Allah has forbidden. So this is the meaning of saving the life of all mankind, for whoever forbids killing a soul without justification, the lives of all people will be saved from him.'' Similar was said by Mujahid;

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(And if anyone saved a life...) means, he refrains from killing a soul. Al-`Awfi reported that Ibn `Abbas said that Allah's statement,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind. .) means, "Whoever kills one soul that Allah has forbidden killing, is just like he who kills all mankind.'' Sa`id bin Jubayr said, "He who allows himself to shed the blood of a Muslim, is like he who allows shedding the blood of all people. He who forbids shedding the blood of one Muslim, is like he who forbids shedding the blood of all people.'' In addition, Ibn Jurayj said that Al-A`raj said that Mujahid commented on the Ayah,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind,) "He who kills a believing soul intentionally, Allah makes the Fire of Hell his abode, He will become angry with him, and curse him, and has prepared a tremendous punishment for him, equal to if he had killed all people, his punishment will still be the same.'' Ibn Jurayj said that Mujahid said that the Ayah,

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.) means, "He who does not kill anyone, then the lives of people are safe from him.''

[Tafseer Ibn Kathir]

I don't know. Maybe some regret it as it makes them look bad while others state the opposite.

I addressed that in the latter part of my post. al-Qaida don't care. It is not like Jahbat al-Nusra to say they did not do something they did.
I addressed that in the latter part of my post. al-Qaida don't care. It is not like Jahbat al-Nusra to say they did not do something they did.

Ever consider that Jahbat al-Nusra is not just one person? God knows how many sections they have.
Original post by ko111
so who did it? where's your source they denied it?
you seem to know a lot about Al-qaeda than the arab media..

Hey let's not be accusatory.
Original post by ko111
so who did it? where's your source they denied it?
you seem to know a lot about Al-qaeda than the arab media.

I do not know.

I do not wish to post the primary source so i will post this article. http://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2015/01/09/nusra-militants-blow-up-sunni-clerics-tomb

Reports say the militants carried out the demolition by dynamiting the historical tomb. However, the religious authority of Nawa, appointed by Nusra Front, issued a statement denying the claims and saying that the group was not responsible for the demolishment.

I do not. I just confirm my news in matters where people could have a possible motive to lie.

Latest

Trending

Trending