The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dprince
October!!!:redface:

For personal reasons, I actually need UCL/KCL and KCL essentially told me yesterday that I'm not getting an offer. If I don't get in to UCL I'm going to have to weigh up Clearing for another London Uni or just not going to uni which will be a shame :frown:

Me either.:frown:

Haha I think there are a lot of us who feel this way! I guess its kind of normal to feel this scared but oh well we'll see....gd luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Dprince

For personal reasons, I actually need UCL/KCL and KCL essentially told me yesterday that I'm not getting an offer. If I don't get in to UCL I'm going to have to weigh up Clearing for another London Uni or just not going to uni which will be a shame :frown:

Oh that's horrible, did they say why? In that case, I really hope UCL give you an offer. :smile: It doesn't help that it's so competitive, but hopefully they'll give several more offers than places. You still have a chance to get an offer though, so don't lose all hope!
Original post by Teddysmith123
Haha I think there are a lot of us who feel this way! I guess its kind of normal to feel this scared but oh well we'll see....gd luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And to you too!

Original post by economicsrocks
Oh that's horrible, did they say why? In that case, I really hope UCL give you an offer. :smile: It doesn't help that it's so competitive, but hopefully they'll give several more offers than places. You still have a chance to get an offer though, so don't lose all hope!

Yeah I originally didn't get an A* and they said they would consider me anyway but then didn't.. and I was like, but you said they would, so I got myself predicted an A* in History and sent it to them and they said they would reconsider but yesterday basically said despite my mitigating circumstances in history (teacher died, so self taught) my application still didn't make their top grade and so I was unlikely to get an offer but still waiting to see if they can offer me a place :frown:

Thank you! Yeah the woman on the phone said 700 applications for 30-35 places but said upwards of 100 offers will be given out :smile: I am remaining hopeful as that's all you can be in these situations :smile: 2 Oxbridge applications under my belt so am becoming climatised to the long UCAS waits!!!
Original post by Dprince
And to you too!

Yeah I originally didn't get an A* and they said they would consider me anyway but then didn't.. and I was like, but you said they would, so I got myself predicted an A* in History and sent it to them and they said they would reconsider but yesterday basically said despite my mitigating circumstances in history (teacher died, so self taught) my application still didn't make their top grade and so I was unlikely to get an offer but still waiting to see if they can offer me a place :frown:

Thank you! Yeah the woman on the phone said 700 applications for 30-35 places but said upwards of 100 offers will be given out :smile: I am remaining hopeful as that's all you can be in these situations :smile: 2 Oxbridge applications under my belt so am becoming climatised to the long UCAS waits!!!

What?! That's ridiculous, they should offer you a place, because you still meet their requirements with the A* prediction.

Oh that's good! Although it is still a lot more competitive than I thought it would be. Haha, the Oxbridge application system, if nothing else, prepares you for a lot! As far as I'm aware, they've only given out a few decisions, and they seem mainly to international applicants, so there is still a good chance! :smile:
What?! That's ridiculous, they should offer you a place, because you still meet their requirements with the A* prediction.

Oh that's good! Although it is still a lot more competitive than I thought it would be. Haha, the Oxbridge application system, if nothing else, prepares you for a lot! As far as I'm aware, they've only given out a few decisions, and they seem mainly to international applicants, so there is still a good chance! :smile:

They said even though I had an A* prediction I still wasn't in the top list of applicants. That's even taking into account my mitigating circumstances, plus a job in parliament and everything. Sucks so bad, I don't know what more I can do. Considering sending them my 68.6 on the TSA to see if that will help to persuade them because they obviously think I'm lacking as a human being somehow haha :frown:

I'm dreading the day my portico status changes because I'll go into full blown meltdown!:rolleyes:
Original post by Dprince
They said even though I had an A* prediction I still wasn't in the top list of applicants. That's even taking into account my mitigating circumstances, plus a job in parliament and everything. Sucks so bad, I don't know what more I can do. Considering sending them my 68.6 on the TSA to see if that will help to persuade them because they obviously think I'm lacking as a human being somehow haha :frown:

I'm dreading the day my portico status changes because I'll go into full blown meltdown!:rolleyes:

What?! That's a stupid reason to reject you. You're right, there isn't much else you can do because you already meet the entry requirements. That's an amazing score, so that might change their mind!

Haha same, but there's still a good chance they'll give you an offer! :smile: We should hear soon.
What?! That's a stupid reason to reject you. You're right, there isn't much else you can do because you already meet the entry requirements. That's an amazing score, so that might change their mind!

Haha same, but there's still a good chance they'll give you an offer! :smile: We should hear soon.

I hope it changed their mind! Wishful thinking though lol,

Let's hope for a clean sweep of TSR PPE offers! We are obviously the most dedicated applicants :wink:
Original post by Dprince
I hope it changed their mind! Wishful thinking though lol,

Let's hope for a clean sweep of TSR PPE offers! We are obviously the most dedicated applicants :wink:

Aw well being hopeful can only be a good thing!

Yes let's do this! We are the most dedicated, they might as well find this thread and give unconditional offers to all who post in it :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm confused about the whole email thing. If you DON'T qualify for the Politics and Economics stream, but ONLY qualify for the Politics and Philosophy stream, they won't send an email?

Something to cheer up about: If you haven't been rejected, then you're still in the running!
Original post by kurofune
I'm confused about the whole email thing. If you DON'T qualify for the Politics and Economics stream, but ONLY qualify for the Politics and Philosophy stream, they won't send an email?

Something to cheer up about: If you haven't been rejected, then you're still in the running!

To be honest, I'm confused too! I qualify for both streams but I haven't received any emails.

I'm just hoping for the best now, especially because they've finally started looking at applications :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! My first time posting here on this thread.
I was predicted only an A in Maths but I got my results yesterday (I do CIE and I have already finished my A-levels; I did November exams) and I got 4A*. Do you think I should email UCL to let them know or would it be stupid?
I didn't get the choice of streams email...
Aw well being hopeful can only be a good thing!

Yes let's do this! We are the most dedicated, they might as well find this thread and give unconditional offers to all who post in it :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a solid idea:colone:

Original post by kurofune

Yeah because the e-mail asks about choice of stream and you can't choose a stream if you're only eligible for one of them! They didn't say that this was definitely why I hadn't got the e-mail (I only qualify for the PhilPol stream, but said it was likely why... When you ring UCL admissions you rarely actually get to speak to the people that could answer your questions and most often just get scripted answers).

Original post by sellerofdreams
I was predicted only an A in Maths but I got my results yesterday (I do CIE and I have already finished my A-levels; I did November exams) and I got 4A*. Do you think I should email UCL to let them know or would it be stupid?

Definitely ring and let them know, they're awesome results and as much as it pains me that you're going to get another of the precious offers (:frown:) you should definitely let them know as it changes your application :smile:
Reply 372
Original post by sellerofdreams

Tell them for sure because even my teachers wanted to boost my predicted grades after my last exam but it became too late. And when my principal asked UCL, they said their first decision would be final (because I got rejected). So don't wait till that happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dprince
Yeah because the e-mail asks about choice of stream and you can't choose a stream if you're only eligible for one of them! They didn't say that this was definitely why I hadn't got the e-mail (I only qualify for the PhilPol stream, but said it was likely why... When you ring UCL admissions you rarely actually get to speak to the people that could answer your questions and most often just get scripted answers).

Thank you so much! I'm about 8 hours behind in terms of time zones, so I haven't had the time to ask questions like these to UCL admissions personally.

Good luck everyone:smile:
Reply 374
Now im starting to get super nervous. i have an unconditional from KCL but i would much prefer this program. :frown:
Anyone get any news today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ooftar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't heard anything yet.:frown:
Haven't heard anything yet.:frown:

Original post by ooftar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto. 100% sure they will reject me though :frown: