The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Medical Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CameronNicholson
what are the conditions of the offer you got?

There was a mistake initially I think but it's all good now! My offer is A* in chemistry (I'm resitting)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by Dr. Django
There was a mistake initially I think but it's all good now! My offer is A* in chemistry (I'm resitting)

congrats man I saw your pm cant reply cause your inbox is full lol might want to clear it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I can proudly now join this thread.

Offer holder.

MMS I'm coming soon.
Reply 23
Reply 24
Are you guys going to attend the interviews of your other choices if invited?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZaynabAbid

Posted from TSR Mobile

i would have if i got any others, just incase i git AAB and one of them would have gave me a chance (unlikely i know but couldn't have hurt my chances)
Reply 26

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't, would you?
Reply 27
Original post by zed963
I wouldn't, would you?

nope going to one more cause I need an insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
nope going to one more cause I need an insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what can you do with the insurance? Surely they're going to give the same academic requirements as the firm?
Original post by zed963
So what can you do with the insurance? Surely they're going to give the same academic requirements as the firm?

Not really, Manchester wants 3As with chemistry whereas other med schools may want 3 As including biology and chemistry, so if your someone like me who took 4 subjects and is more likely to get 3 As from the other 3 subjects and not biology then it would make sense to put a med school with less stricter requirements as your insurance if you get me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Muhaha_6
Not really, Manchester wants 3As with chemistry whereas other med schools may want 3 As including biology and chemistry, so if your someone like me who took 4 subjects and is more likely to get 3 As from the other 3 subjects and not biology then it would make sense to put a med school with less stricter requirements as your insurance if you get me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Is manchester still giving out offers ?
to those with AAB offers, how many of you are WP+ applicants?
Checking in! I got my offer yesterday and o my had my interview the day before that :biggrin: I can't wait cos Manchester is gonna be my firm. Hope to see you all in September.
Reply 34
Original post by khanster12
Checking in! I got my offer yesterday and o my had my interview the day before that :biggrin: I can't wait cos Manchester is gonna be my firm. Hope to see you all in September.

congratulations that's really good, well done!!🎉
hopefully see you in September 🙌

has anyone applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can now join this thread! Interview was on the 6th of Jan, offer came on the 5th of Feb :smile:
Reply 36
Got my offer a couple of days ago and already worrying about what accommodation to go into :colondollar:
I don't really drink much and I'm not a massive party animal so I looked into the "Lifestyle moderated areas" but I'm slightly worried that a lot of the people there might not even want to talk much and just work. I'm worried that I might not fit into either accommodation because in normal halls I'll be the weird guy who doesn't go out drinking all the time and in the work halls I'll be the annoying guy who distracts everyone when they want to work.
Reply 38
Original post by greed378
Got my offer a couple of days ago and already worrying about what accommodation to go into :colondollar:
I don't really drink much and I'm not a massive party animal so I looked into the "Lifestyle moderated areas" but I'm slightly worried that a lot of the people there might not even want to talk much and just work. I'm worried that I might not fit into either accommodation because in normal halls I'll be the weird guy who doesn't go out drinking all the time and in the work halls I'll be the annoying guy who distracts everyone when they want to work.

well then that makes two of us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by greed378

haha, I completely understand where you're coming from because I feel the same:colondollar:

guess that makes three of us 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending