The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Six million gathered for Pope Francis' mass in Asia! :biggrin:

The article read, "Pope Francis, who comes from Argentina, was applauded when he told students that sometimes men were too macho, and that women had much to tell today's society, seeing the world through different eyes, and asking different questions."

He's the best!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30869019
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Six million gathered for Pope Francis' mass in Asia! :biggrin:

The article read, "Pope Francis, who comes from Argentina, was applauded when he told students that sometimes men were too macho, and that women had much to tell today's society, seeing the world through different eyes, and asking different questions."

He's the best!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30869019

:woo: :party: :awesome:

In Pope-related news, my mum is also interested in going to Ireland to see the Papa Frankie next year! Fingers crossed we can somehow make it happen :biggrin:
Reply 7222
Original post by Aula
When you love it and can't get the songs out of your head you'll have to let me know :mmm:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
True story. Baby Jesus loves Frozen :yep:

:teehee:

:biggrin: ! Saw it. Olaf is amazing!
Where did Baby Jesus come into it? :tongue:
Original post by Groot

Yay, glad you enjoyed it :biggrin:

Baby Jesus likes Frozen coz it's a great Disney film. Nothing to do with any religious symbolism or content or anything :tongue:
Reply 7224
Original post by Groot

Told you you'd love it :awesome:
Feel so left out still not having seen frozen >.<
Original post by JoeL1994
Feel so left out still not having seen frozen >.<

:eek:

You must see it! :fuhrer: Or else you'll make Baby Jesus cry :sadnod:

:ninja:

You must see it! :fuhrer: Or else you'll make Baby Jesus cry :sadnod:

:ninja:

I did the same with Avatar, waited until the hype was over and watched it two years after :colondollar:
Original post by JoeL1994
I did the same with Avatar, waited until the hype was over and watched it two years after :colondollar:

To be fair, I also only watched Avatar waaaaaay after it came out :colondollar: :five: :getmecoat: HOWEVER, I'm not entirely convinced Avatar is as Baby Jesus-friendly as Frozen :tongue:
Also happy Feast of St Sebastian, everyone! He is a much revered saint in Sri Lanka, especially in my mum's hometown where there is a big church named after him :h:
Reply 7230
I've still never seen Avatar :colondollar:
Original post by Aula

Tiz a good film. I quite enjoyed it :yep:
(Belated) Happy feast of St Sebastian!

St Thomas Aquinas and St John Bosco this week too! I did think that John Bosco was the patron saint of teachers for some reason, but when I was planning my lesson it turns out it is magicians instead :tongue: Glad I didn't get round to teaching that one!
Reply 7233
Original post by Aula

it's definitely worth seeing :smile:

Hi everyone!
It's been so long since I've posted, glad to see we're all still up and running. Things are going well here in Hull, three of us from CathSoc went to the Taize European Youth Meeting in Prague over Christmas, which was amazing! We're also having a retreat in a couple of weeks, but there aren't many people going yet and the centre where it's being held is being closed down in March :frown: I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to sign the petition: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-the-endsleigh-centre-from-closure

The main reason I came on here was because I often think about how I don't come on here often at all anymore, but I would love to stay in touch and maybe in future we could meet up so I thought could we add each other on facebook? I don't know if the easiest way of doing this would be to PM each other or creating a group on facebook.
Original post by rac1
it's definitely worth seeing :smile:

Hi everyone!
It's been so long since I've posted, glad to see we're all still up and running. Things are going well here in Hull, three of us from CathSoc went to the Taize European Youth Meeting in Prague over Christmas, which was amazing! We're also having a retreat in a couple of weeks, but there aren't many people going yet and the centre where it's being held is being closed down in March :frown: I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to sign the petition: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-the-endsleigh-centre-from-closure

The main reason I came on here was because I often think about how I don't come on here often at all anymore, but I would love to stay in touch and maybe in future we could meet up so I thought could we add each other on facebook? I don't know if the easiest way of doing this would be to PM each other or creating a group on facebook.

Signed your petition :yep: That must have been amazing, going to the Youth Meeting in Prague! Am well jealous :colondollar:

The Christian Soc has a group on Facebook so there is theoretically no reason why we can't do the same, if enough people would be up for it? :smile: I don't mind people adding me on Facebook, though you should all be warned that I'm a Facebook spammer and do like to repost memes and stuff :awesome: I don't know how people on here feel about the kinda Catholic memes that come up on Facebook. I don't think any of the ones I've posted are offensive or irreverant but I know not everyone on here has the same approach to Catholicism that I do :jebus: I wouldn't want to offend anyone but equally I don't wanna have to change the way I post! :o:
Reply 7235
Signed your petition :yep: That must have been amazing, going to the Youth Meeting in Prague! Am well jealous :colondollar:

The Christian Soc has a group on Facebook so there is theoretically no reason why we can't do the same, if enough people would be up for it? :smile: I don't mind people adding me on Facebook, though you should all be warned that I'm a Facebook spammer and do like to repost memes and stuff :awesome: I don't know how people on here feel about the kinda Catholic memes that come up on Facebook. I don't think any of the ones I've posted are offensive or irreverant but I know not everyone on here has the same approach to Catholicism that I do :jebus: I wouldn't want to offend anyone but equally I don't wanna have to change the way I post! :o:

I don't think you've ever posted anything I've been offended by, but then I have quite a high tolerance for funny :cute:
If people don't want a chat, we could always have a group?
Original post by Aula
I don't think you've ever posted anything I've been offended by, but then I have quite a high tolerance for funny :cute:

Yeah I was thinking a group might work better coz we're a naturally less talkative bunch than X Soc anyway :tongue:

:lovehug:
I'm up for a Facebook group!
Reply 7238
So good to hear from you :smile:

It was amazing! (apart from the 20 hour coach journey!) That's fine, I have a few friends who post quite a lot already :smile: and I like Catholic memes:gthumb:

Original post by Aula

I will make a group now and post the link shortly :smile:
Reply 7239
Wasn't sure what to call it, might change it to 'TSR Catholic Society' later :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/879987925378330/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending