The Student Room Group

Chemistry AS mock exam tips

(At the moment I'm taking a break) I started properly revising for my subjects three weeks ago, and I was able to catch up with most of my revision for the chemistry mock exam, which I have tomorrow (but I haven't finished revising the rest of the organic chemistry in CH2, that I was suppose to learn for the exam as well).

I haven't been able to practice any exam past papers, which I know will be crucial for understanding what the mark scheme wants. I know I won't do that well, but I want to do the best I can in the time given regardless.

Any tips?
bump - it's tomorrow.... :s-smilie:
Bump - it's today... :-S
Original post by XcitingStuart
Bump - it's today... :-S

Your right when you say past papers are key! Just remember that this is a mock so don't get tol stressed over it if it doesn't exactly go as planned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Your right when you say past papers are key! Just remember that this is a mock so don't get tol stressed over it if it doesn't exactly go as planned

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said to the teacher ages ago I started revising efficiently, but I was wrong, so if I do bad in this exam, I will kind of lose my credibility.
If you're teacher are anything like mine they will still believe in you, even if most credibility is lost my chemistry teachers always push me but I never do what's needed, obviously that needs to change, but speak to her after it, like previously siad it's just a mock, shows you what would happen in an exam if you went in with that much revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
........... why? Seriously.

This user has since been banned

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said to the teacher ages ago I started revising efficiently, but I was wrong, so if I do bad in this exam, I will kind of lose my credibility.

How did the exam go❔

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did it go? I am on the same page as you with chemistry and not having the exam practise but with the half term coming up I will be treating them like gold dust :smile:

For organic, revise each functional group, its names, mechanisms (if there are any at GCSE) and its main reactions.

Other than that, do past papers.
Original post by frances98
How did the exam go❔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really bad - I thought I had a lot of time to spare (like 35 minutes), when the teacher said "10 minutes left chemistry students". I only realised after the exam there was a big clock on the floor less than 5 feet away from me.

So as a result, I never finished the exam. (let's leave it at that :-P)

Although I'm glad I've nearly caught up with my notes on chemistry. My revision plan to catch up is working. It would now be a lot easier in the future.
Really bad - I thought I had a lot of time to spare (like 35 minutes), when the teacher said "10 minutes left chemistry students". I only realised after the exam there was a big clock on the floor less than 5 feet away from me.

So as a result, I never finished the exam. (let's leave it at that :-P)

Although I'm glad I've nearly caught up with my notes on chemistry. My revision plan to catch up is working. It would now be a lot easier in the future.

You can learn from this though! I did the same in my history exam which meant I didn't finish either. Atleast it was just a mock though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest