The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jukie
Have you heard? Just had a phone call asking if I was going to take up PO3 offer and in that case could they withdraw my PO1 application which obviously I said yes to. So must be sorting it out at last. Good Luck!

Unfortunately not. Still waiting and 2 weeks today since they finished interviewing. Very disheartening :frown:
Original post by Graygray
Hi, all.

Just here looking for a bit of advice, I also had interviews for PO1 & 3 in mid December, was informed immediately that I hadn't been successful for a PO1 position, and that PO3 position interviews were ongoing until January 13th, but no update as of yet.
Anyone in the same position for the Liverpool centre?

Yes I am. Had both P01 & P03 interviews mid December for Liverpool. Have not heard anything about both of them, although I have chased for updates and have been told that those that did particularly well were offered jobs, and now reading your response it looks like they have told people who didn't do so well that they didn't have a job.

I am stuck in the middle because I have heard absolutely nothing at all. It is 2 weeks today since they finished interviewing and 7 weeks on Thursday since my first interview. No updates at all unless I have chased for them myself.

Not impressed at all !
Reply 362
Hi, all.

Just here looking for a bit of advice, I also had interviews for PO1 & 3 in mid December, was informed immediately that I hadn't been successful for a PO1 position, and that PO3 position interviews were ongoing until January 13th, but no update as of yet.
Anyone in the same position for the Liverpool centre?

I had interviews same time got offer for PO3 straight afterwards and same email as you for PO1.Got fone call today asking if I was still proceeding with PO3 offer so would I withdraw PO1 application which I did. So presume they have started sorting it all out now
I am sure you will hear very soon. Good luck.
I think the PO1 positions have already started, have you checked your profile online to see if they have been updated?

It would be nice to be kept in the loop!
Reply 364
I think the PO1 positions have already started, have you checked your profile online to see if they have been updated?

I withdrew my PO1 application today so status now shows withdrawn.

If the P01 positions had started already, wouldn't they have informed me that I hadn't been successful ?
Reply 366
Original post by missfohal
If the P01 positions had started already, wouldn't they have informed me that I hadn't been successful ?

That may be the people who got offer straight away. I still waiting for all my pre employment checks to be completed so don't think many can have started. If you have not had an unsuccessful email you are still in with a chance.
Just checked the application centre on the off chance that they had updated that, but not sent me an e-mail update. Both P01 & P03 positions I have gone for state my attendance at the interviews, and I will be informed of an update shortly. No other correspondance. Surely if either post had been filled they would have an obligation to let me know ? Even if it is just out of common courtesy ?
Original post by Jukie
That may be the people who got offer straight away. I still waiting for all my pre employment checks to be completed so don't think many can have started. If you have not had an unsuccessful email you are still in with a chance.

Oh I see. After all this waiting knowing my luck I will probably get an e-mail telling me I was unsuccessful. Doesn't fill me with much hope if I haven't had an offer for either position, now it seems that the P01 positions have started. So I wasn't that good to get an offer straight away, and I am not that bad to get rejected straight away.

Very confused...
Reply 369
Original post by missfohal
Oh I see. After all this waiting knowing my luck I will probably get an e-mail telling me I was unsuccessful. Doesn't fill me with much hope if I haven't had an offer for either position, now it seems that the P01 positions have started. So I wasn't that good to get an offer straight away, and I am not that bad to get rejected straight away.

Very confused...

I think they have just started sorting it hence my phone call this morning.
You will get a response either way but I know its frustrating.
Strange how some people have heard for either positions, some one, some neither!
Two weeks since the end of the interviews, so closure must be round the corner! :smile:
Strange how some people have heard for either positions, some one, some neither!
Two weeks since the end of the interviews, so closure must be round the corner! :smile:

They don't seem to be in any great rush to let us know. Their communication to different applicants is not at all consistent.
Reply 372
It appears they set a high and low bench mark and if you got above or below it you got an offer or rejection. Everyone else is in the middle. Normally if they have say 100 jobs they will draw a line under top 100 and everyone above will get an offer. I think today they are sorting out people who have applied for more than one job so they can see what they are left with then make offers etc. Hopefully not too long now.
Reply 373
Hi guys, just received a conditional offer for PO3 London :smile: those of you who have got a conditional offer....did they send you the 4 relevant forms as an attachment or is there a link you have to go on to fill it? They mentioned the forms i need to fill in the email but haven't sent me any attachments/ links :/
Reply 374
Original post by paulas
Hi guys, just received a conditional offer for PO3 London :smile: those of you who have got a conditional offer....did they send you the 4 relevant forms as an attachment or is there a link you have to go on to fill it? They mentioned the forms i need to fill in the email but haven't sent me any attachments/ links :/

Congratulations. I got an email couple of days later with forms attached then about 10 days after that link to online security clearance firms.
(edited 9 years ago)
Had an email confirming SC are cleared, 2 days after that had another email asking to choose a date for induction which I picked the 20th of March, they also sent my roster for my first 2 weeks after that.
Reply 376
Thank you Jukie. Ah I see. I understand it can take quite long for these checks to clear from what I'm reading on here. I guess I won't be starting in Feb then.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 377
Original post by Snoopyuk33
Had an email confirming SC are cleared, 2 days after that had another email asking to choose a date for induction which I picked the 20th of March, they also sent my roster for my first 2 weeks after that.

how long did it take for your SC and pre employment checks to be cleared altogether?

Congrats on getting the job (& an official start date lol)
Just had an email confirming all interviews have been completed and scores returned. So looks like we'll finally get an answer by 6th Feb!
Reply 379
Original post by Snoopyuk33

Snoopy what section will you be working in and wat will the hours be are they making you work saturdays immediatley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending