The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by monicanicole
It's 11th Feb. And hahaha i would email them. It's worth a try! Yeahh I wanna go there too, it's gonna be my firm choice if they give me an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for it!!:smile: I'm sure you'll do great! I'll be my firm if I get on offer tooo:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DianaOj
Heeey!!
Sorry I haven't responded in a while. I had my MMI at KCL today!! I got a call last week Friday asking if I could attend. :smile:

It wasn't bad at all! Everyone, including the applicants, were really really friendly and the atmosphere was really relaxed/not as formal as a traditional interview. :smile:

I can't go into details about the structure of the day or what Q's were asked (I signed a non-disclosure form :/) but seriously don't worry about. Just BE YOURSELF, try not to be nervous, at the end of the day they want to know you.
I wish you all the best!!!! :biggrin:
P.S they said it takes 1-3 weeks before they make an offer ... :/ xx

Well done! You probably got my place as I had to reschedule :tongue:
I'm so excited for the MMI next week; the offer from LSBU has really boosted my confidence :smile:

Yeah I understand and I'm glad it went well for you. Best of luck & let me know when you hear back :biggrin: xx
Original post by Blue-Shoes
Should I dress up as though I'm going to an interview on the test day? (LSBU)

To be honest, yes. I went dressed in smart wear (black trousers, blazer, white shirt etc) and it just makes a good impression. I got an offer at the end of it - of course what I was wearing wasn't the reason why, but I feel I made a good first impression. Do not go in jeans at least, it doesn't make a good impression. Good luck:smile:
Hey, I'm new to this app so not even sure if I've posted in the right place but I start bucks in two weeks (February 2015 intake) and I'm doing child nursing! Was wondering if there's anyone else on here doing the same? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kregan1
Hi ive also applied for DMU for childrens nursing back in early december and ive not heard anything yet either i havent seen any posts i dont think about offers? someone did say to me that they interview in bulks though which could be why theyre taking so long?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! That could be why!! Hopefully I hear back soon, getting do inpatient I emailed then yesterday but they didn't respond, I've not seen many people post about offers from there at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shannon_1997
I don't know any others that have applied either! Aw thank you very much, I'll let you know if I hear anything too!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, got an email from DMU today, they're not offering me a place for nursing :frown: they said they will email me with an alternative course, I thought I'd let you know, have you heard anything yet?
Original post by Enesaxxx
Hey, got an email from DMU today, they're not offering me a place for nursing :frown: they said they will email me with an alternative course, I thought I'd let you know, have you heard anything yet?

Awwww noooo!!:frown: sorry to hear that! that's soo rubbish:frown: I really really want to go to DMU for nursing!!:frown: ahh damn:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awwww noooo!!:frown: sorry to hear that! that's soo rubbish:frown: I really really want to go to DMU for nursing!!:frown: ahh damn:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm gutted :frown: dw you still have hope :smile:
Yeah I'm gutted :frown: dw you still have hope :smile:

I'm gutted for you!:frown: did they say what other course they may offer you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm gutted for you!:frown: did they say what other course they may offer you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm still waiting for their email, I don't think it'll be anything great tho, I'm just gonna wait for birmingham to reply and hope I get an offer there :/
No I'm still waiting for their email, I don't think it'll be anything great tho, I'm just gonna wait for birmingham to reply and hope I get an offer there :/

Oh god:frown: I can't imagine it being anything great:frown: I hope you get an offer good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh god:frown: I can't imagine it being anything great:frown: I hope you get an offer good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks! Good luck to you also :smile:
I have just been told i have an interview for Mental Health nursing at Salford yeeey

does anyone know what the mathes and english test is like and interview questions

:smile:
Hi
Does anyone know if universities normally have PGdip places through clearing? or Is clearing only BSc thing?
Has anyone had a interview for learning disability nursing at bcu mines nxt week!?
the longer you wait, more likely it is youll get made an offer?
Original post by qaswqasw
the longer you wait, more likely it is youll get made an offer?

Not necessarily, I've been waiting since October and only recently received four rejections
The wait is ridiculous I vote to shorten the whine UCAS cycle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone have university of glasgow interview???
Does anyone generally know how many places are available for adult nursing? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending