The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EHZ17
Well if you get in you really deserve to get in!

I have like 9. My offer seems so generous compared to yours!

I also hate when I see people at Oxford with AAA offers haha

I knew what i was getting into when i applied.
Lol cambridge have standards 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Ah ok, at least that's one worry less! Hopefully :smile: good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Well done dude! :smile:

Yeah I guess. I'm not really interested in any of my choices other than Cambridge anyway so that's what is most important. Still, feeling a little unwanted :wink:

I really don't want to think about my insurance atm tho, focused entirely on cambridge
Anybody else thinking about what societies they might join (if they get in)? I keep thinking it would be so awesome to be in the conservative society, but I don't want to be one of the only unimpressive people lmao.

Original post by EHZ17
I really don't want to think about my insurance atm tho, focused entirely on cambridge

Same! I'm not too worried though, my offer is quite nice, lucky for me! What's yours like, if you haven't mentioned already?
Anybody else thinking about what societies they might join (if they get in)? I keep thinking it would be so awesome to be in the conservative society, but I don't want to be one of the only unimpressive people lmao.

Same! I'm not too worried though, my offer is quite nice, lucky for me! What's yours like, if you haven't mentioned already?

Conservative er lol. Yh Trinity maths society ! Even though i dont go trinity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Conservative er lol. Yh Trinity maths society ! Even though i dont go trinity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's what everyone in my Political Philosophy class thinks too! :redface: It's an open one then?

They have a moral sciences club (the really famous one), but I'm terrified of that idea too. It sounds absolutely amazing but I'd feel so scared of all the intelligent people floating around.

A*AA with A* in anything, yours?
Original post by EHZ17
A*AA with A* in anything, yours?

Exactly the same :smile:
Yeah, that's what everyone in my Political Philosophy class thinks too! :redface: It's an open one then?

They have a moral sciences club (the really famous one), but I'm terrified of that idea too. It sounds absolutely amazing but I'd feel so scared of all the intelligent people floating around.

I think we are allowed to say we are intelligent now. Yh its an open one, i have a engineer friend from pembroke who goes there !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly the same :smile:

There's still that little bit of doubt in my mind though :frown:

I will work the pain away
Original post by physicsmaths
I think we are allowed to say we are intelligent now. Yh its an open one, i have a engineer friend from pembroke who goes there !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I didn't really mean like that, I mean that there are some really really intelligent people in that sort of thing. But that's awesome.

Original post by EHZ17
There's still that little bit of doubt in my mind though :frown:

I will work the pain away

Wish I was doing that by default at the moment :tongue: being a bit lazy. And on a related note, I should be doing History coursework!
Haha I didn't really mean like that, I mean that there are some really really intelligent people in that sort of thing. But that's awesome.

Wish I was doing that by default at the moment :tongue: being a bit lazy. And on a related note, I should be doing History coursework!

Chill lad, im just messing around lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should be doing English cwk. Like eng cwk is my number one priority right now as if I can get 100% it puts me in such a good position but I just can't be asked right now. You would think an offer would change my motivation but it just hasn't for english.
Do you have to apply for accommodation at the college you applied for?I know you have to apply for your accommodation at Warwick University, even if you put them down as an insurance.
Original post by Dalek1099
Do you have to apply for accommodation at the college you applied for?I know you have to apply for your accommodation at Warwick University, even if you put them down as an insurance.

Only once you meet your offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
They were okay. Got a couple of A*s in History and Philosophy, an A in English though. Not too worried! How about you?

Durham haven't responded to me yet :frown:

Durham were the only university to reject me :angry::angry:
Reply 1056
Original post by comptroller
Durham were the only university to reject me :angry::angry:

You got rejected from Durham but got an offer from Cambridge? May I ask the subject? That's pretty rare I would've thought.
Original post by TVIO
You got rejected from Durham but got an offer from Cambridge? May I ask the subject? That's pretty rare I would've thought.

I've got an offer from Cambridge but rejection from Nottingham :tongue:

Veterinary medicine though :rolleyes:
Reply 1058
Original post by alwaysalex
I've got an offer from Cambridge but rejection from Nottingham :tongue:

Veterinary medicine though :rolleyes:

I could understand with vet med/normal med as it's just SO competitive, but I didn't think it'd happen often in other subjects.
When I heard the letter come through the letter box on the 10th I pretty much had a panic attack...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending