The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rac1
Wasn't sure what to call it, might change it to 'TSR Catholic Society' later :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/879987925378330/

The person who's put in a request to join with an Asian name is me :biggrin:

Also to all those who join this Facebook group, please don't refer to me by my full first name or first name-surname on here. I like to keep a degree of anonymity :colondollar:
Reply 7241
I can't remember whether I've posted this in here before or not, but I started a blog that you guys might be interested in :ninja:
Original post by Aula
I can't remember whether I've posted this in here before or not, but I started a blog that you guys might be interested in :ninja:

lovely blog, very well written. I particularly enjoyed your Valentine's day post :smile:
Reply 7243
Original post by Pandas&Penguins
lovely blog, very well written. I particularly enjoyed your Valentine's day post :smile:

Thank you :h:

So this is something I've been thinking about on and off for a while, and haven't quite had the courage to before, but I've decided I'm going to start covering my head during Mass/in the presence of the Eucharist during Lent (and may have just ordered a pretty infinity veil from Etsy :ninjagirl:)

I'm not quite sure whether I'll keep it up afterwards, but that's what discernment is for :awesome:

Prayers would be appreciated :h:
Happy Feast Day of St Brigid of Ireland :biggrin:

Original post by Aula
Thank you :h:

So this is something I've been thinking about on and off for a while, and haven't quite had the courage to before, but I've decided I'm going to start covering my head during Mass/in the presence of the Eucharist during Lent (and may have just ordered a pretty infinity veil from Etsy :ninjagirl:)

I'm not quite sure whether I'll keep it up afterwards, but that's what discernment is for :awesome:

Prayers would be appreciated :h:

Praying for you. Sounds like a very spiritual thing to be doing during the Lenten season :h: I hope this enriches your prayer life, which I'm sure is very rich already, but extra richness never hurts :hugs:
I was really annoyed with uni coz they've scheduled a full day event on World Day for the Sick (11th Feb - the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes), which is a day I usually make sure I attend church! Was at a loss as to how to get around needing to be in uni but wanting to attend a Catholic service.

I couldn't sleep last night and somehow plucked up the courage to message the RHUL Catholic chaplain and he sent me a lovely email inviting me to attend morning prayer :h: Prayers that I can attend it would be gratefully received - it starts at 8.45am in the chapel. I'm not usually awake til much later in the day :colondollar:
Hi guys! Went to my first ash Wednesday mass today :P (can't believe I'd never been to one!)

Until when do people usually keep the ashes?
I always go to the evening Mass so I just wash my face before I go to bed lol. I'd probably recommend washing it off if you're going out
Reply 7248
Original post by viriol
Hi guys! Went to my first ash Wednesday mass today :P (can't believe I'd never been to one!)

Entirely up to you. I tend to keep mine on from whenever I make it to Mass until I wash my face that evening.
Some people will wash it off soon or even straight after.

Be aware that you will get funny looks, and might even be asked why if you keep it on, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I'd also like to remind people that today is a day of fasting.
Original post by viriol

Usually until bed. I was at evening mass, a lot of singing. The post communion hymn sounded like something from Keane unfortunately. Mind you, their lead singer looks more clean cut than the average member of any congregation.
Well, wasn't much of an issue this year because I had to stay home marking most of the day (can't really do that productively at the office). Looking forward to the funny looks next year though :P
I forgot I had my ashes, wondered why my forehead was itchy, scratched it and literally smeared it across my face.

#supposed to be an adult :eek:

I hope everyone's Lent journey is going well. I'm trying to get to Mass more often.
Talking about Ash Wednesday...my Nephew who just recently turned 3 went to Ash Wednesday service with my mum/his nan, and when he came back he was so excited to show me his forehead, although he had pretty much rubbed it all off by the time he got home :tongue:
Original post by The Epicurean
Talking about Ash Wednesday...my Nephew who just recently turned 3 went to Ash Wednesday service with my mum/his nan, and when he came back he was so excited to show me his forehead, although he had pretty much rubbed it all off by the time he got home :tongue:

Awwww! :h:

Original post by peony flowers
I forgot I had my ashes, wondered why my forehead was itchy, scratched it and literally smeared it across my face.

:teehee:
I just remembered something from my childhood. One thing I always remember when young was being fascinated by the stained glass windows in my Church :daydreaming: :tongue:

This coming Friday is Lent Fast Day- please remember and donate to charity.
That church is beautiful!

I love doing stained glass windows with my classes. For my Confirmation class last year we made lives of the children's saints with tissue paper and black card. They were fab.
Reply 7257
Original post by peony flowers
That church is beautiful!

I love doing stained glass windows with my classes. For my Confirmation class last year we made lives of the children's saints with tissue paper and black card. They were fab.

How old are your confirmation class?
I know it is a while until Easter as Lent has just started, but I thought I would share this photo I took of Jean Cocteau's last supper painting in the Notre Dame de Jerusalem chapel in Frejus.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1399369000000.jpg
Original post by barnetlad
I know it is a while until Easter as Lent has just started, but I thought I would share this photo I took of Jean Cocteau's last supper painting in the Notre Dame de Jerusalem chapel in Frejus.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1399369000000.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not catholic(I'm muslim) but I went to catholic schools so don't mind if I join 😃.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending