The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) once asked: "Do you know what backbiting is?" His companions may Allaah be pleased with them replied: "Allaah and His Messenger know best." He sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) then said: "It is to say something about your brother that he would dislike." Someone asked: "But what if what is said is true?" The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) replied: "If what you say about him is true, then you have backbitten him, but if it is not true then you have slandered him." [Muslim]

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/articles/92753/backbiting-&-slander-an-islamic-perspective
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنْ جَاءَكُمْ فَاسِقٌ بِنَبَإٍ فَتَبَيَّنُوا أَنْ تُصِيبُوا قَوْمًا بِجَهَالَةٍ فَتُصْبِحُوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلْتُمْ نَادِمِينَ

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
some people just get so upset hearing the truth :rolleyes:

may allah guide them.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) led the morning prayer for us at al-Hudaybiyah following rainfall during the night. When the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) finished, he faced the people and said to them: Do you know what your Lord has said? They said: Allah and his Messenger know best. He said: This morning one of my servants became a believer in Me and one a disbeliever. As for him who said: We have been given rain by virtue of Allah and His mercy, that one is a believer in Me, a disbeliever in the stars (2); and as for him who said: We have been given rain by such-and-such a star, that one is a disbeliever in Me, a believer in the stars. (2)
The pre-Islamic Arabs believed that rain was brought about by the movement of stars. This Hadith draws attention to the fact that whatever be the direct cause of such natural phenomena as rain, it is Allah the Almighty who is the Disposer of all things. It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik and an-Nasa'i).
One of my favourite hadiths! Don't ever feel like you can't participate in the Isoc because you aren't the best muslim around, we're all on a journey to better ourselves :yes:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ), who said:
Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, filling that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).
"He it is Who hath caused those of the People of the Scripture who disbelieved to go forth from their homes unto the first exile. Ye deemed not that they would go forth, while they deemed that their strongholds would protect them from Allah. But Allah reached them from a place whereof they recked not, and cast terror in their hearts so that they ruined their houses with their own hands and the hands of the believers. So learn a lesson, O ye who have eyes!"

4 the zionist.
Original post by Mr.Winky
"He it is Who hath caused those of the People of the Scripture who disbelieved to go forth from their homes unto the first exile. Ye deemed not that they would go forth, while they deemed that their strongholds would protect them from Allah. But Allah reached them from a place whereof they recked not, and cast terror in their hearts so that they ruined their houses with their own hands and the hands of the believers. So learn a lesson, O ye who have eyes!"

4 the zionist.

Theres zionists in here??
Original post by Zamestaneh
Wassalaam :smile:

Waddup bestie :cool:
Y'know im so bored here. I took the 'Zamestaneh book' and re-read all the lessons :colondollar:
And I took my laptop too, read all the convos again because im so bored.
At least I have my selfies to look at :cool:

Everytime I see Ahmad shah Massouds pics (his pics are everywhere) It reminds me of you.
Dont get gassed, begging the afghanistan tingz :cool: jk jk

I went to rabanis grave yesterday. And there was a cat :,) I miss fredericko :cry2:

My cousin khaled, we used to play fight lots. He threw snowballs at me :colonhash: and shot a cat and it was crying like a human baby all night :cry2: I cried 4 dayz

Anyways peace :hugs:
Salam do not worry leave your worrying to allah

IMG_49078409384171.jpeg
Original post by Dinaa
Waddup bestie :cool:
Y'know im so bored here. I took the 'Zamestaneh book' and re-read all the lessons :colondollar:
And I took my laptop too, read all the convos again because im so bored.
At least I have my selfies to look at :cool:

Everytime I see Ahmad shah Massouds pics (his pics are everywhere) It reminds me of you.
Dont get gassed, begging the afghanistan tingz :cool: jk jk

I went to rabanis grave yesterday. And there was a cat :,) I miss fredericko :cry2:

My cousin khaled, we used to play fight lots. He threw snowballs at me :colonhash: and shot a cat and it was crying like a human baby all night :cry2: I cried 4 dayz

Anyways peace :hugs:

If this means that you will be wanting more lessons again later, that'll be good :smile:
All 10,000 of your selfies, yeah? :rolleyes:

You must think of me a lot then :sexface:
Who's looking after him, the neighbour?
It's snowing there? At least you have snow :colonhash:
Wait so he randomly got a gun and shot a cat? :indiff:

Hope you are keep well :hugs:
If this means that you will be wanting more lessons again later, that'll be good :smile:

This is inappropriate for the isoc. Where has your haya gone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Khodu
Wa salam, I'm still here, lol lurking around... So many new faces on TSR masha Allah. Alhamdulillah all is well on my end. What about you?

ws
So after not logging in for several years out of nowhere I get an email saying Khodu has made a post! Hows things? Did you end up doing a maths degree after all?

Lolol, yeah more lessons :cool: I am a good girl no srs. My mum didn't let me adopt a kid :frown: but I gave him lots of coke and an orange cos he was collecting :,)
And yeah all dem selfies, I had to make a new folder and put the appropriate pictures in that, y'know just to be safe :colondollar:
And no dbi sbi please
My brother is looking after freddie :,)
Ya its snowing and its coooool, like me :cool:
AND YES HE DID, BECAUSE I told him not to :cry2:
It srsly sounded like a crying baby :frown:
He trolled and got banned, methinks; he's on whatsapp... If you join us finally, maybe you'll get to talk to him (and also Kutta saab, Ash, TMG, KingOfTSR, RoyalBlue, Ibn Fulaan and me) :aetsch:

By kutta Saab do you mean dog man!?
Islamic reminders, we ask questions, discuss things we disagree with, TSR, joke around, light banter, make Takfir, declare Jihad etc... All that stutf :ahee:

How do we join... Declaring jihad :-D

I've got credentials as a half alim... Full in 3 years... :-)
Original post by TikkaMasala.007
One of my favourite hadiths! Don't ever feel like you can't participate in the Isoc because you aren't the best muslim around, we're all on a journey to better ourselves :yes:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ), who said:
Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, filling that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h.) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet p.b.u.h) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

Islam isn't a state of being... But a process of becoming... Becoming better so we can form that connection with our Lord... And may Allah enable all of us to make that connection
Original post by Dinaa
AND YES HE DID, BECAUSE I told him not to :cry2:
It srsly sounded like a crying baby :frown:

Sorry to cut in but shooting a cat? That sounds disturbing and cruel.
Original post by ttaylor17
Islam isn't a state of being... But a process of becoming... Becoming better so we can form that connection with our Lord... And may Allah enable all of us to make that connection

Ameen :yes: :biggrin:.

Latest

Trending

Trending