The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just withdrawn from St georges. Good luck eveyone :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to withdraw from SGUL.
How many people are interviewed and how many get offers??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 99.99% sure I'll be withdrawing too :smile: got to hear back from 1 more uni first though 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
why are some of you guys withdrawing? didn't you like the campus? or is it the teaching style? or St. Georges was never your first option?
Original post by Paras Agarwal
why are some of you guys withdrawing? didn't you like the campus? or is it the teaching style? or St. Georges was never your first option?

It's because some of them already have offers from their first choices....I think this is really nice of them so other people can get the offer instead of them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got offers from other unis I prefer - not hot on the 'healthcare only' aspect of the uni or campus and cost of living in London is so high that sgul was unlikely to be my first choice. Shame as I do like the look of the course itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast92
It's because some of them already have offers from their first choices....I think this is really nice of them so other people can get the offer instead of them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats good on us :smile:

Original post by skittlesaremydrugs
I've got offers from other unis I prefer - not hot on the 'healthcare only' aspect of the uni or campus and cost of living in London is so high that sgul was unlikely to be my first choice. Shame as I do like the look of the course itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well congratulations! which universities have you received offers from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, this is it, especially the bit about me being really nice.
yeah thats good on us :smile:

well congratulations! which universities have you received offers from?

SGUL, Leicester and plymouth just waiting to hear back from newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just filled in the form for the Medicine taster day - I didn't realise there were limited slots - reckon I'll get a slot? (I know email was sent yesterday...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
Yeah, this is it, especially the bit about me being really nice.

Hahah it's true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys - I really need a bit of advice...

I've applied to George's (obviously), UEA, sheffield and cardiff. Cardiff still haven't got back to me interview wise so I'm pretty sure it's a rejection now but I'm not too bothered as I had an interview in December and got an offer from George's. I also had an interview at Sheffield on the 19th Jan (I felt it went terribly...). I also have an interview at UEA on Wednesday 4th and I'm really in two minds about whether to go. My family feel there's no point travelling so far and then putting myself through another interview when my top two choices are George's and Sheff...HELP ME :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1493
Original post by picnmix

I've applied to George's (obviously), UEA, sheffield and cardiff. Cardiff still haven't got back to me interview wise so I'm pretty sure it's a rejection now but I'm not too bothered as I had an interview in December and got an offer from George's. I also had an interview at Sheffield on the 19th Jan (I felt it went terribly...). I also have an interview at UEA on Wednesday 4th and I'm really in two minds about whether to go. My family feel there's no point travelling so far and then putting myself through another interview when my top two choices are George's and Sheff...HELP ME :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if u already have an offer from St Georges then im sure theres no need to go :P, congratz on the offer btw.
Original post by picnmix

Posted from TSR Mobile

if it's definitely not in your top 2 then it's pointless although I personally think the interview experience itself is invaluable and who knows you might prefer uea over at George's - I've applied to both and after visiting uea which was my third choice at the time I really enjoyed it and now is my first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picnmix

Posted from TSR Mobile

If its not your first 2 choices then you dont really need to go as someone with no offers yet may benefit it more. Although since your sheffield one didnt go so well, maybe you should go to the interview just in case you might get an offer from UEA and put as your insurance if u want :smile:
Original post by Rishy
Well if u already have an offer from St Georges then im sure theres no need to go :P, congratz on the offer btw.

Thanks so much! I'm pretty sure I probably won't go...I guess I just need to email them and let them know...eeeek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If its not your first 2 choices then you dont really need to go as someone with no offers yet may benefit it more. Although since your sheffield one didnt go so well, maybe you should go to the interview just in case you might get an offer from UEA and put as your insurance if u want :smile:

Hey - thanks for the reply. I hear what you're saying... If I'm a reapplicant with already achieved grades would I need to have an insurance option still - I only need to fulfil the non-academic entry requirements e.g. health clearance, CRB, work experience verification etc otherwise they can't withdraw the offer right? (God, I sound so bloody paranoid)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picnmix
Hey - thanks for the reply. I hear what you're saying... If I'm a reapplicant with already achieved grades would I need to have an insurance option still - I only need to fulfil the non-academic entry requirements e.g. health clearance, CRB, work experience verification etc otherwise they can't withdraw the offer right? (God, I sound so bloody paranoid)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yehh I think an insurance isn't necessary if u have the grades and you should pass the crb and health checks IMO....but don't take my words for it and I think u should double check with UCAS or the uni! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an interview!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending