The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I cant wait for the results. I've applied to KCL and UCL and LSE. Funnily enough, although I thought I performed poorly for my LNAT I got rejected by LSE but got an offer for UCL.
Reply 21
Original post by tffcx
LSE (rejected), Warwick (offer)... And I'm left with UCL, KCL and SOAS (they want me to take the LNAT). Trying not to either hope or worry too much though!

Dammit I got rejected by LSE too! Did they say why? And well done for Warwick :biggrin: yeah don't it's not worth worrying :smile:
Reply 22
I got rejected too from LSE. Just found out today, but my top choice is KCL. How is it that you already know how you performed at the LNAT?
Reply 23
I applied to 4 LNAT universities. I have an offer from Bristol but I got rejected from UCL due to my LNAT and Oxford. I'm still waiting to hear from King's where I applied to two Law courses. Does anybody know if King's has a specified LNAT cutoff for EU candidates this year? Thanks!
Reply 24
I would like to know it too. I'm from Italy and I wonder if LNAT results are weighted differently for foreign students
Reply 25
Original post by Totta
I would like to know it too. I'm from Italy and I wonder if LNAT results are weighted differently for foreign students

Which universities did you apply to?
Reply 26
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Dammit I got rejected by LSE too! Did they say why? And well done for Warwick :biggrin: yeah don't it's not worth worrying :smile:

Thank you :smile: LSE didn't, I got a generic email. Yep we'll know sooner or later anyway! (Preferably sooner:tongue:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by MG1762
I applied to 4 LNAT universities. I have an offer from Bristol but I got rejected from UCL due to my LNAT and Oxford. I'm still waiting to hear from King's where I applied to two Law courses. Does anybody know if King's has a specified LNAT cutoff for EU candidates this year? Thanks!

I don't know how reliable this post is but it says 20/21 for home students.
Reply 28
If anyones interested, I got rejected from LSE because they cited my GCSES were poor in relation to people whom they gave offers to. Pretty much said they didn't want to risk it with me even though my results are pretty ok for IB.

I got rejected by LSE as well. Honestly do they even take any students on to their law programme?! I'm a Canadian applicant and my average at the time of applying was 97.25%--pretty well the highest in my school. But anyways..hoping for a UCL offer!
Reply 30
Original post by reaperx
If anyones interested, I got rejected from LSE because they cited my GCSES were poor in relation to people whom they gave offers to. Pretty much said they didn't want to risk it with me even though my results are pretty ok for IB.

Yeah I got rejected by them on the basis of my GCSE's too! Even though my A level predictions are high...but that's competition hey
Reply 31
Original post by remigo123
I got rejected by LSE as well. Honestly do they even take any students on to their law programme?! I'm a Canadian applicant and my average at the time of applying was 97.25%--pretty well the highest in my school. But anyways..hoping for a UCL offer!

Oh my! Lol! I seriously think you're right :P Good luck for UCL did you apply for any other unis in England?
Oh my! Lol! I seriously think you're right :P Good luck for UCL did you apply for any other unis in England?

Yes I applied to KCL, Queen Mary and Edinburgh as well
Reply 33
Original post by MG1762
Which universities did you apply to?

Exeter, LSE (rejected), KCL, UCL and Leeds. You?
Reply 34
Yeah I got rejected by them on the basis of my GCSE's too! Even though my A level predictions are high...but that's competition hey

Yeah definitely. Was predicted 43/44 myself for IB. A lot of the top students at my school got rejected from LSE themselves, either for Economics or Law. They were definitely very harsh this year. Some students got rejected a lot earlier too. Some of those rejected have even made it to Cambridge / Oxford so its really quite shocking how hard it is to get in to LSE. Good luck with UCL :smile:
Reply 35
Bump
Applied to Oxford and Durham for LNAT unis and got offers from both, so I'm hoping that my score was good, even though I thought it went really badly!

Does anyone know when we actually get the results though?
Reply 37
Original post by reaperx
Yeah definitely. Was predicted 43/44 myself for IB. A lot of the top students at my school got rejected from LSE themselves, either for Economics or Law. They were definitely very harsh this year. Some students got rejected a lot earlier too. Some of those rejected have even made it to Cambridge / Oxford so its really quite shocking how hard it is to get in to LSE. Good luck with UCL :smile:

Wow haha that's crazy! I probably would have had a better chance getting into one of them then :tongue: I got rejected by UCL lol! You mean Kings :wink:
Oxford and UCL were my two LNAT unis, and I got an offer for both, so I'm quietly confident I guess? I found the LNAT oddly enjoyable, but that was probably because it was at the same time as the Australian leaving exams, and so formed a nice break.

It's either the first Monday of February or the 4th when LNAT results are released (I think), and the alphabetical first half (by surname) receive their results roughly an hour or so earlier than the second.
Reply 39
Original post by whyicarusfell
Applied to Oxford and Durham for LNAT unis and got offers from both, so I'm hoping that my score was good, even though I thought it went really badly!

Does anyone know when we actually get the results though?

Wow congrats! Last year it was like the 6th or something, it's always early February.

Latest

Trending

Trending