The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImNotMe
Assalaamu Alaikum, I pray you're all in good health. My local Masjid does the Kutbah in Punjabi/Urdu, and not in English. I only understand every third or fourth word and find it hard to understand the full lesson. I really wished they did it in English so I could understand it! It's an English area too, in an English country! Is this a serious issue?

Usually when I come home I find an English Kutbah on youtube to sort of make up for it lol.

Wa'Aleykum Assalaam :smile: I'd recommend taking this up with whomever runs the masjid (either in person or by letter) - you ought to make the case that the younger generations are missing out on the khutbahs which are vital reminders for Muslims, and we live in a day and age where this next generation is getting heavily influenced by western society, often at the expense of their imaam and deen, so they need the khutbahs more than the older generations who have been Muslim all their lives (in most cases anyway). Say that masjids are meant to be places where people from any background ought to be able to come and pray and listen to the khutbahs, not just one group, and since we live in England, the congregation ought to be addressed in English; there should not have to be a Pakistani masjid, Somali masjid, Arab masjid etc - we are one Ummah, thus we should act that way.
Ash-shirk-al-khafi: (The inconspicuos shirk). This type implies being internally dissatisfied with the inevitable condition that has been ordained for one by Allah; conscientiously lamenting that had you done or not done such and such, or had you not approached such and such, you would have had a better status etc...

SubhanAllah...I believe we've all fallen into this no? This is really scary!!! SubhanAllah. We need to have a topic on shirk to know how to avoid it at its fullest or we won't even smell jannah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam: "Ash shirk al khafi in the Muslim nation is more inconspicuous than the creeping of a black ant on a black rock in pitch darkness of night." And this shirk is expiated by saying thrice the following sentence everyday: "Oh Allah! I seek refuge from that I should ascribe anything as partner in your worship, being conscious of that, and I beg your pardon for that sin which I am not aware of."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Really? What are his qualifications in Hadeeth, Fiqh, Aqeedah and so on?

Shaykh akram also offers introductory courses. Also, there are other places to study in Egypt and indeed in other countries like Morocco, Muaritannia, Yemen (not so much now), Nadwatul Ulama in India, Syria (definitely not know) Other unis in saudi like Umm al-Qurra and so on.

Even in England there are more insitutions study with. Darul Ulooms, Ebrahim College, al-Muntada al-Islami (I am aware of some who studied the hanbali madhab up to al-Mughni with a shaykh there!), Tayyibun, al-Salam Institue, MRDF/Sabeel etc etc

On further research, he appears to actually have none apart from Arabic........thats extremely surprising actually :s-smilie: I always assumed :/

When I think Islamic education, the first things that pop into my head are Madina and Al-Azhar.....though I should have known the majority of the British schools
“When you're young you have time and energy but no money. When you get older you have money and energy but no time. And later when you finally have time and money, you no longer have energy.”

So, whatever you have right now (time, money or energy) spend it wisely inshAllah. :smile:
7/10 of the top religion threads aren't about Islam.

The other 3 are just societies + the ask about Islam thread. Something is wrong with TSR today :shot:
Original post by IdeasForLife
7/10 of the top religion threads aren't about Islam.

The other 3 are just societies + the ask about Islam thread. Something is wrong with TSR today :shot:

Maybe that's a good thing? :lol:
Never heard of this Hadith before. I thought it was funny! :biggrin:

When the Prophet (saws) was with Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) and they had a dozen dates. As they were about to finish, Ali (ra) saw some people approaching. He quickly moved the pile of 6 pits that he had to the Prophet (saws)'s pile and jocularly told the passersby that the Prophet (saws) had kept all the dates to himself and didn't share! The Prophet (saws) in good spirits said right back: Look at Ali, he eats the dates and he eats the pits as well! (because he didn't have any pits on his side).

http://www.islamhelpline.net/qa/joking-mentioning-opposite-action
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Maybe that's a good thing? :lol:

:yep:
Original post by Zamestaneh
Wa'Aleykum Assalaam :smile: I'd recommend taking this up with whomever runs the masjid (either in person or by letter) - you ought to make the case that the younger generations are missing out on the khutbahs which are vital reminders for Muslims, and we live in a day and age where this next generation is getting heavily influenced by western society, often at the expense of their imaam and deen, so they need the khutbahs more than the older generations who have been Muslim all their lives (in most cases anyway). Say that masjids are meant to be places where people from any background ought to be able to come and pray and listen to the khutbahs, not just one group, and since we live in England, the congregation ought to be addressed in English; there should not have to be a Pakistani masjid, Somali masjid, Arab masjid etc - we are one Ummah, thus we should act that way.

JazakAllah, I appreciate your reply :smile:

I'm close to one of the Muftis who runs the Masjid but feel guilty to ask for something like that :/ I think i'll take your advice and write an anonymous letter stating the points you raised. Is it rude if I get some sort of a petition, signed from some of the young folks?

Although, from what I've seen only 5-10% of the congregation is younger than 21 or so. Maybe they won't change it because of this?
Original post by Ankabout
“When you're young you have time and energy but no money. When you get older you have money and energy but no time. And later when you finally have time and money, you no longer have energy.”

So, whatever you have right now (time, money or energy) spend it wisely inshAllah. :smile:

That's so true Subhannallah
Thanks for sharing :yy:
إِنَّ الْإِنْسَانَ خُلِقَ هَلُوعًا

Indeed, mankind was created anxious:

إِذَا مَسَّهُ الشَّرُّ جَزُوعًا

When evil touches him, impatient,

وَإِذَا مَسَّهُ الْخَيْرُ مَنُوعًا

And when good touches him, withholding [of it],

Posted from TSR Mobile
كَلَّا ۖ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاهُمْ مِمَّا يَعْلَمُونَ

No! Indeed, We have created them from that which they know.

فَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِرَبِّ الْمَشَارِقِ وَالْمَغَارِبِ إِنَّا لَقَادِرُونَ

So I swear by the Lord of [all] risings and settings that indeed We are able

عَلَىٰ أَنْ نُبَدِّلَ خَيْرًا مِنْهُمْ وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَسْبُوقِينَ

To replace them with better than them; and We are not to be outdone.

فَذَرْهُمْ يَخُوضُوا وَيَلْعَبُوا حَتَّىٰ يُلَاقُوا يَوْمَهُمُ الَّذِي يُوعَدُونَ

So leave them to converse vainly and amuse themselves until they meet their Day which they are promised

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:

As we now that our Brothers And Sister are dying each day we can send charity but we can also do something even more powerful make dua for them spare a moment for them.

O Allah i ask you to take care of those in need. I ask you O Allah to take care our muslim umaah and take care of the ummah across the water. O Allah please guide those who have little faith. O Allah open the gates of mercy upon the believers. O Allah grant the prophet muhammad peace be upon him in jannah ul firdaus. O Allah i ask you to take are of those who died in the tsunami and those who are a live with no food or water. O Allah please show guidance and please grant each and every muslim in jannah ul firdaus.

Ameen
وَاصْبِرْ عَلَىٰ مَا يَقُولُونَ وَاهْجُرْهُمْ هَجْرًا جَمِيلًا

And be patient over what they say and avoid them with gracious avoidance.

وَذَرْنِي وَالْمُكَذِّبِينَ أُولِي النَّعْمَةِ وَمَهِّلْهُمْ قَلِيلًا

And leave Me with [the matter of] the deniers, those of ease [in life], and allow them respite a little.

إِنَّ لَدَيْنَا أَنْكَالًا وَجَحِيمًا

Indeed, with Us [for them] are shackles and burning fire

وَطَعَامًا ذَا غُصَّةٍ وَعَذَابًا أَلِيمًا

And food that chokes and a painful punishment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Verse full of mercy:

إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدْنَىٰ مِنْ ثُلُثَيِ اللَّيْلِ وَنِصْفَهُ وَثُلُثَهُ وَطَائِفَةٌ مِنَ الَّذِينَ مَعَكَ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يُقَدِّرُ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ ۚ عَلِمَ أَنْ لَنْ تُحْصُوهُ فَتَابَ عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ ۚ عَلِمَ أَنْ سَيَكُونُ مِنْكُمْ مَرْضَىٰ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يَضْرِبُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ يَبْتَغُونَ مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يُقَاتِلُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنْهُ ۚ وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَأَقْرِضُوا اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا ۚ وَمَا تُقَدِّمُوا لِأَنْفُسِكُمْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ تَجِدُوهُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ هُوَ خَيْرًا وَأَعْظَمَ أَجْرًا ۚ وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا اللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

Indeed, your Lord knows, [O Muhammad], that you stand [in prayer] almost two thirds of the night or half of it or a third of it, and [so do] a group of those with you. And Allah determines [the extent of] the night and the day. He has known that you [Muslims] will not be able to do it and has turned to you in forgiveness, so recite what is easy [for you] of the Qur'an. He has known that there will be among you those who are ill and others traveling throughout the land seeking [something] of the bounty of Allah and others fighting for the cause of Allah . So recite what is easy from it and establish prayer and give zakah and loan Allah a goodly loan. And whatever good you put forward for yourselves - you will find it with Allah . It is better and greater in reward. And seek forgiveness of Allah . Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been 2 years today since the Aleppo river massacre, when 80 prisoners were executed and dumped into a river by Bashar al Assad's forces. 2 years that have really flown by, subhanAllah. May Allah have mercy on them and protect the people of Syria and all the Muslims worldwide.

This is a good website that I would encourage everyone to visit: http://www.doamuslims.org/

Also a reminder to always remember the oppressed in your duas.

The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "Fear the prayer of the oppressed, even if he is a disbeliever, for there is no barrier between it and Allah" [Narrated by Ahmad 12140]

Latest

Trending

Trending