The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bismillah

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin
"If you love that Allah should keep you upon that which you love, then remain upon that which He loves." Imam Ahmad Rahimullah
Original post by Mary562
Not really cause dude I see her like everyday or so. Just saying
Don't jump to conclusions :smug:

You may have her in the flesh but you will never have her heart :smug:
Original post by Zamestaneh
You may have her in the flesh but you will never have her heart :smug:

Ustagfirullah
Fear Allah you camel :h:
"Be aware of your intentions. Remember that every little action you take is meant to bring you closer to your Creator."
Gonna be taking a break from TSR.

AsalamuAlaikum Wa rahmatullah Wa Barakatu.
I can show you your camel on skype :innocent: Jking, best to not do that :tongue:

Lool I'd love to see my camel in Skype but.......
Original post by Mary562
Ustagfirullah
Fear Allah you camel :h:

Why do you keep calling me camel, do you even know why she calls me camel? :eyeball:
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

Wa'Aleykum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatu, TMG Saab :redface:
Why do you keep calling me camel, do you even know why she calls me camel? :eyeball:

Nope I don't know
And I don't need to know :smile:

-----

And that it is He who makes [one] laugh and weep (53:43)

WalaikumAsalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu
(edited 9 years ago)

Good idea - I should too

Walaykumasalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatu
Reply 3332
My rant came out sounding more like "marriage, marriage, marriage" than it was supposed to. I was just thinking about the different decisions that a muslim girl has to think about - work OR marriage? work AND marriage? Stay at home mum? Working mum? It just feels like there's various options to consider and no clear cut way of deciding between them. Perhaps it just depends on how things fall. Since I don't want to be "a career woman" as such because I don't want to study further to do something professional, but I still want to work in some capacity - the fact that I have no clear objective makes me think more. For girls in med school, or optomertry or pharmacy or something else that leads to a profession it's easy to at least have some idea of where your life is heading. "I'm going to finish med school, get married, become an f1" etc.
Original post by Incredible97
I want to get married when i find the right person. I want to get married when i feel that I'm responsible enough because according to Islam getting married is completing half of your deen, it stops you from evil stuff, you will become more independent, responsible, and you will enjoy your life. Allah swt knows best. But at this stage im more focused on finishing my studies first and being at a point where I'm able to support myself.

Original post by Mary562
Walaykumasalaam

Well not at this stage no, but I do have odd conversations with friends regarding this lol
I'm more worried about finishing my studies first and then thinking about the rest later. My parents have never mentioned it

It seems since some of you girls aren't nearing the end of your education you're not that bothered by it, which is understandable. Thanks for sharing your views :smile:

Original post by K1NG93
Waalaikumassalam

Now that I'm in my early 20s, I'm starting to think a lot about marriage. I'll probably be married in the next 5-6 years and as those 5-6 years will pass by in a blink of an eye, I've a lot of improvements to make in that short period of time before I can be a good husband to my wife. I don't know if I will ever be mentally ready for marriage and all the responsibilities that come with it but one has got to follow the Sunnah innit. :smile:

I actually feel the same way! :smile:

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Was salaam

I think someone's been spending too much time in muslim twitter.

LOL you may be right! :O :colondollar: I always told myself I wouldn't become "that" kind of muslims tweep but recently I've found myself tweeting a few marriage related tweets too :facepalm2:

Original post by accretion disk
Wa 'alaikum assalaam

I think this would be much more prevalent in females. I think there is more pressure for them to marry earlier than males because of their biology. Also a lot of men want to marry a woman who is a few years younger than them.

We are mostly chilled about marriage i would think. Most of us think we can take care of ourselves and provide etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I thought this was the case but I was curious to see if the thought of marriage and kids ever affected the decisions a non-married guy makes.

Original post by Ankabout
Walaikum assalam,

Funny rant. :lol: I'm at that stage but now I don't worry as much... cuz the first step is 'find someone to marry' THEN I could worry about children and job, etc. I mean first I have to see what the situation truly is and only then could I assess and make an informed decision.

As for working... maybe find a part time job so the children are not neglected so much. Oh and in Pakistan, family/relatives help out in babysitting so there's that hehe.

Yeh it makes sense to be rational about it like that...but whose mind can be so rational?! :tongue:

From my experience of kids growing up in pakistan, all the relatives live in close proximity or people are just really close with their nieghbours so kids can be out all day and parents aren't fazed cuz they know they're playing on the street or neighbour's house lol. Or maybe things have changed now. Or are different where you live. But yh it's pretty cool to have that support.

Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam. Yeah I can relate. I try and stop thinking about it too much though, and just trust what Allah has written down for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:

Original post by IdeasForLife
I guess a bit. Mines more like "need to finish course, get job, get a place etc...".

Understandable

Original post by themorninglight
What's kanjoos? It sounds funny. Like a mix of the words kangaroo and juice

Not really... I don't even want to think about it. My mum always tells me I'm getting old though lol, she was already married with 2 kids when she was my age!

Wow! She was pretty young then!

Kanjoos means stingy
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3333

Happy Birthday Yalda! :party:

Have a great day! :smile:
Original post by ko111
Happy Birthday Yalda! :party:

Have a great day! :smile:

Thank you Ko :h:

I will Thanks!
Reply 3336
Thank you Ko :h:

I will Thanks!

Happy birthday :smile:
Original post by Tpos
Happy birthday :smile:

Thank you Sis :h:
Original post by Tpos

LOL you may be right! :O :colondollar: I always told myself I wouldn't become "that" kind of muslims tweep but recently I've found myself tweeting a few marriage related tweets too :facepalm2:

Great. You're one of them now.
Reply 3339
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Great. You're one of them now.

Noooooo I can get out, get away from them, honest!

Latest

Trending

Trending