The Student Room Group

Where's best to study Fine Art

Hi to anyone applying to Fine Art 2015 entry. I have recently sent off my application to Slade, GSA,ECA, UWE and goldsmiths. After open days I have come to the conclusion that I prefer UWE, GSA and ECA and I'm finding it really hard to decide where to go as they all look like great places to study. I was wondering if anyone else has to applied to any of these uni's and what they think of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the schools that you've applied are great. gsa, eca, goldsmiths and slade. They are all prestigious art schools. If I had to THE best place to study fine art, I would probably choose slade. Its in london, its part of ucl, and its highly competitive. I'm not saying any other art schools aren't as good as slade.

Any reason why you prefer uwe, gsa and eca over goldsmiths and slade?
Original post by RroseSelavy
All the schools that you've applied are great. gsa, eca, goldsmiths and slade. They are all prestigious art schools. If I had to THE best place to study fine art, I would probably choose slade. Its in london, its part of ucl, and its highly competitive. I'm not saying any other art schools aren't as good as slade.

Any reason why you prefer uwe, gsa and eca over goldsmiths and slade?

Thanks :smile: I have visited them all and I just thought that although London is a highly creative environment I would prefer to study outside of it because of cost of living, accommodation etc. UWE looks like a great place to study, what have you heard of it? Yeah GSA and ECA look great. Are you currently studying? I would interested to learn on any experiences you have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Robin Edwards
Thanks :smile: I have visited them all and I just thought that although London is a highly creative environment I would prefer to study outside of it because of cost of living, accommodation etc. UWE looks like a great place to study, what have you heard of it? Yeah GSA and ECA look great. Are you currently studying? I would interested to learn on any experiences you have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm currently studying at GSA in painting and printmaking, I chose to avoid London uni's because of the cost of living and they offered grants I would have never received anywhere else. If you have any questions about GSA feel free to ask. All of those Uni's are pretty great from what I hear. I assume you have/ will apply to several places anyway and it is good to keep an open mind as for instance on my course the acceptance rate is about 11% and at places like slade it probably even lower, so the list of options maybe narrowed as through the application process they will find out if there uni is right for you.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest