The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Hi everybody else who have conditional offers - Are you able to confirm who / what department confirms clearance is okay. Also which section asks for references. Thanks
Hi Tulip & Paulas

I received the conditional offer this time last week. I sent the form over instantly. They contacted me today with a request for a referee. I've applied for PO1 London. It is CSR (Civil Service Resourcing) who confirm clearance.
Reply 442
Original post by Nebby123
Absolutely nothing at all, did you get any forms? I didn't get a security link either :frown:

I've filled out the forms but still waiting for the security link and them to follow up references.
So.....After receiving an e-mail from HMPO resourcing advising that all interviews had concluded mid January and that the results of those interviews had been collected in, and that we should expect to hear by Friday 06th January, I have still heard nothing. So I decided to chase this up....AGAIN.

This was the response.

Good Afternoon Donna,

Thank you very much for your email. We are sorry that we have been
unable to provide you with an update at this stage, as the final
interviews only concluded at the end of January.

As soon as we are able to do so we shall be in contact with all
candidates via email.

Please note - should you wish, you are able to amend your contact
details from within your application centre.

Kind Regards

So.....not only is contradicting information being provided to us, but it appears that anyone who has had an interview a number of weeks ago and is still awaiting the outcome, I wouldn't hold your breath. For me it will be 9 weeks since my interview.

Give up now. Time to re-start job hunting :/
Reply 444
Unbelievable!
My checks were completed 2 weeks ago still waiting for a start date last time I chased was told within 5 working days a recruitment manager should call me so should hear by next Tues????
Its just one waiting game after another.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jukie
Unbelievable!
My checks were completed 2 weeks ago still waiting for a start date last time I chased was told within 5 working days a recruitmentanager should call me so should hear by next Tues????
Its just one waiting game after another.

I just do not understand how it takes so long. I really don't. If the interviews concluded mid January as they have previously advised, how just over 3 weeks later are they still no closer to letting us know ? Even after receiving an e-mail telling us that we should hear by 06th February as they have all the scores collected from the interviews etc, we are still no further along. On Thursday it will be 9 weeka for me. Just find it really hard to believe that it takes almost 3 months to let someone know if they have been successful or not.

In the event I am successful, it looks like I will have to play another waiting game for security clearances, reference checks and start dates ! Just cannot get my head around their time frames at all !
Reply 446
Original post by missfohal
I just do not understand how it takes so long. I really don't. If the interviews concluded mid January as they have previously advised, how just over 3 weeks later are they still no closer to letting us know ? Even after receiving an e-mail telling us that we should hear by 06th February as they have all the scores collected from the interviews etc, we are still no further along. On Thursday it will be 9 weeka for me. Just find it really hard to believe that it takes almost 3 months to let someone know if they have been successful or not.

In the event I am successful, it looks like I will have to play another waiting game for security clearances, reference checks and start dates ! Just cannot get my head around their time frames at all !

I know it is very long winded, hope it's worth the wait.
Hi team. I've just completed an online CTC questionnaire. Are there anymore forms after this?
Reply 448
Original post by nokia8210
Hi team. I've just completed an online CTC questionnaire. Are there anymore forms after this?

No that should be it.
Original post by Graygray
Nope, so assuming we'll hear on the 6th then, I haven't got up hopes up!

Did you hear anything today by any chance ?
Thanks Jukie. How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey. I was not receiving an answer either and waited for almost as long as you. I contacted Manpower several times and they gave me 2 different dates which were not honoured. I wouldn't give up if I were you because your chances of being successful are still the same. Don't lose hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 452
Original post by nokia8210
Thanks Jukie. How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine only took a week for security clearance then another week for employment history which in your case sounds like they are already getting on with so hopefully not too long for you.
Reply 453
Original post by jen89
no not yet but in interview did say is a lengthy process so am not expecting to start till at least march/april anyway.

Am liverpool

a thought how quick the security clearance came back would of heard back from pre employment checks by now but maybe they are waiting till they offer everyone the job so can finalise the different start dates on offer

Have you heard anything jen89?
Original post by missfohal
Did you hear anything today by any chance ?

Unfortunately not, you were right expecting them to miss the deadline given.
I'm just putting it at the back of my mind, if eventually they let me down I'll start hunting again.
Reply 455
Original post by Jukie
Have you heard anything jen89?

Hi

I had an email yesterday informing me all my checks have been completed and asking how much notice I have to give employer so that they can start scheduling training.
Reply 456
I had email 10 days ago saying all checks were complete and I would be contacted re: start date in due course, I don't have to give any notice. Chased on Weds was told postings had gone to a recruitment manager should get a call within 5 working days ...... if I am lucky!
Reply 457
Original post by Jukie
I had email 10 days ago saying all checks were complete and I would be contacted re: start date in due course, I don't have to give any notice. Chased on Weds was told postings had gone to a recruitment manager should get a call within 5 working days ...... if I am lucky!

the email said to email back before 12th Feb so can schedule training so should imagine you should hear back before then

I have to give 4 weeks notice tho so you will be starting before me :smile:

also said in email that weeks training is in southport office
Reply 458
Original post by jen89
the email said to email back before 12th Feb so can schedule training so should imagine you should hear back before then

I have to give 4 weeks notice tho so you will be starting before me :smile:

also said in email that weeks training is in southport office

Thanks for that jen89 hope we do hear next week.
Reply 459
Anyone here who had their interview in October and still waiting for a joining date ? I had my interview on Oct 23rd for PO3 London and was recommended for appointment on Nov 21st. Received security clearance on Jan 13. They asked for referee details on Jan 6 and I haven't had any reply on that yet...
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending