The Student Room Group

ODP Sep 2015 - Edge Hill

Hi,
has anyone applied for ODP at Edge Hill for Sep 2015?

i'm so nervous, i applied 4 days late and the not knowing is killing me.
I got an interview last year and just messed it up, really worrying me.

Has anyone had an interview?

thanks
Hi Chinya,

I hope you are OK and have had some good news regarding your application?

I am in the same boat regarding nerves. I had my interview last Wednesday and I guess I'd give myself a 7/10, but you just don't know huh! How long did it take last year for you to hear from admissions regarding your feedback?

Thanks,

Ben.
Reply 2
Hi Ben,
I am still waiting to hear 😩 starting to lose hope, it was around a week after my interview I found out via Ucas and then my feeback back arrived a few days after in the post.

Did you apply for Sept intake? I'm sure you did well and hopefully will get the result you want.

Gem
Hello again Gem,

Some of the best advice I've taken from other forums so far is "no news is good news". If they haven't got in touch so far after taking only four days last year then I would hazard a guess you're still in with a shot. There were people interviewed for the April 2015 course on 28th January. They may interview all the way up to May deadline.

All the best and thank you for replying. Keep the faith :wink:

Ben.
Reply 4
Thank you Ben, I have an interview the 5th March. Yeh!!! Lol.

Have you had any news regarding your interview yet?

Best of luck.
Gem
Original post by chinya01
Thank you Ben, I have an interview the 5th March. Yeh!!! Lol.

Have you had any news regarding your interview yet?

Best of luck.
Gem

Ahh ace! That's great news Gem, congratulations! I haven't heard yet no but was told to expect an answer within 10 - 14 days after the interview. Or... Any time before May! I have no finger nails left!

Little tip for your interview and Maths test. Revise a little long division and Multiplication and look into the Fisher report and the 6 C's. A lot of my questions were based around them such as, "what professional qualities does an ODP require?" And, "can you name an event which drastically effected the NHS in the past few years?" I went into the A & E crisis and its knock on effect on elective care but all they wanted to hear was that I knew about Mid Staffs hospital and the initiatives put in place to prevent such events happening again.

They also asked what I knew about the course so learn a bit about what you'l be doing on placement and some of the modules you'l be covering over the three years.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs mate!

All the best of luck to you.

Ben.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
O no that is great, they asked me last time regarding the NHS and couldn't really answer so that is very helpful.

And yes, long division is a nightmare for me so will defiantly revising some maths.

Would be nice to find out how you get on so do keep me informed.

Fingers crossed!
Gem
Original post by chinya01
O no that is great, they asked me last time regarding the NHS and couldn't really answer so that is very helpful.

And yes, long division is a nightmare for me so will defiantly revising some maths.

Would be nice to find out how you get on so do keep me informed.

Fingers crossed!
Gem

No probs Gem, I will.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'l walk it.
Ben.
Original post by ODP-wanna-be
Ahh ace! That's great news Gem, congratulations! I haven't heard yet no but was told to expect an answer within 10 - 14 days after the interview. Or... Any time before May! I have no finger nails left!

Little tip for your interview and Maths test. Revise a little long division and Multiplication and look into the Fisher report and the 6 C's. A lot of my questions were based around them such as, "what professional qualities does an ODP require?" And, "can you name an event which drastically effected the NHS in the past few years?" I went into the A & E crisis and its knock on effect on elective care but all they wanted to hear was that I knew about Mid Staffs hospital and the initiatives put in place to prevent such events happening again.

They also asked what I knew about the course so learn a bit about what you'l be doing on placement and some of the modules you'l be covering over the three years.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs mate!

All the best of luck to you.

Ben.

Hi ben, just wondering if you could let me know what other interview questions you got asked please? And can you let me no how the english exam was especially the 6cs part
thanks
Vic
Reply 9
Hi can someone help and tell me what the English and Maths exam for edge hill odp is like please?
Reply 10
Original post by CeriPat
Hi can someone help and tell me what the English and Maths exam for edge hill odp is like please?

Hi,

It was basic Maths and English.
Long division, subtraction, converting of units. If I recall correctly for English i had to read a document and then answer questions on it, pretty easy but if you’re anything like me and hate all maths I would brush up on it.

Hope that helps and good luck on your interview.
I got an offer today for Edge Hill Sep 15 at the main site. Has anyone else received one?
Thanks
Whoohoo, I am starting in september too!
Can anybody please help me I have an interview on Monday and I am so nervous for September 2015! I already feel sick :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest