The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my fav dua:

120. Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee .

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.
Reference: Ahmad 1/391, and Al-Albani graded it authentic
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said: Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him. It was related by al-Bukhari
حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

The CTS bill has received Royal Assent and is now set to become an offical Act of Parliament.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/counter-terrorism-and-security-bill-receives-royal-assent

May Allah help us.
Original post by themorninglight
حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

The CTS bill has received Royal Assent and is now set to become an offical Act of Parliament.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/counter-terrorism-and-security-bill-receives-royal-assent

May Allah help us.

Ameen.
""So, a guy lives his entire life, with all its attendant arguments, disappointments and confrontations without harming others. Then, out of the blue, he executes three people because of a parking space. The fact that these three people are publicly and openly part of a small religious minority, the fact that the shooter has ranted against religion in general, the fact that the shooter executes them with a shot to the back of the head (rather than passionately in an argumentative way), the fact that the killer murders ALL THREE of the residents and not just the one he is "arguing" with, the fact that this killing took place in a state with a reputation for Islamophobia, etc., etc., is apparently insufficient to investigate this as a hate crime.

If it had been a Muslim who had executed three Evangelical Christians or three Jews there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that it was motivated by hate and not by a parking space. (Yup, even if the killer was a self-proclaimed "anti-theist".)"
Original post by themorninglight
حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

May Allah help us.

Ameen
Original post by mariachi
x

It's not slander when it's true :smile:

People aren't going to let your fudge and waffles pass in here without challenge. :nah:

You've just done it above too lol. Try to act like you know stuff all you want but we know it's all google :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by K1NG93
Pakistan is not a proper Muslim country, not even close.

I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katbob
I AM BACK>> IM LOOKING FOR ASH.. Ash92.
Be careful Im fully armed akhi or foe.

Salaam Sis :smile: I'll WhatsApp him and send him your way :tongue:
Original post by Zamestaneh
Salaam Sis :smile: I'll WhatsApp him and send him your way :tongue:

It was narrated from Ibn Buraidah that:

His father said: "While the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was on the minbar, Al-Hasan and Al-Husain came,wearing red shirts, walking and stumbling. He came down and picked them up, then said: 'Allah has spoken the truth: Your wealth and your children are only a trial.' I saw these two walking and stumbling in their shirts, and I could not be patient until I went down and picked them up.'"

Sunan an-Nasa'i 1585, Sunan Ibn Majah 3774 - Authentic
Original post by IdeasForLife

Ash, oh I miss watching Pokémon :colone: and I like Pikachu the most :biggrin:
And never give up hope of Allāh's [soothing] Mercy, truly no one despairs of Allāh's Mercy except those who have no faith. - Qur'ān 12:87
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Had a really good time representing the Islamic Society at Newcastle University's Interfaith Panel Debate alongside the Jewish Society, Christian Union and Catholic Society.

Learnt alot about Judaism which was pretty awesome. :yy:

Dialogue is key to learning and understanding each other. :biggrin:

Spoiler

That sounds great, would love to do the same:yep:
Original post by ZennyX
Assalamu Alaykum, I wanted to ask any of you whether birthdays should be celebrated or not on Islam.
Personally, I don't do much but still accept anything I'm given but some people in my family do celebrate. I heard its haram since the prophet never used to celebrate his birthday but that doesn't really make something haram.
BUT... Days of celebration are on Eid for Mulsims so celebrating birthdays could be going against what is taught in Islam.
Sooo..... Would like to know your view on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa 'alaykum assalaam. See what Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam (hafizhahullah) says here::
http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5585

Original post by chocolate hottie
x

Hi :wavey:

It's unfortunate that genuine questioners' posts sometimes get lost in the thread. Feel free to ask - this thread allows for some light discussion and chat :smile:

Original post by katbob
I AM BACK>> IM LOOKING FOR ASH.. Ash92.
Be careful Im fully armed akhi or foe.

Original post by IdeasForLife

Assalaamu 'alaykum. Feel free to quote/PM me.
Remember that this thread is not for debate. Feel free to take debates elsewhere: VM, PM, or a different thread.
Original post by ash92:)
Remember that this thread is not for debate. Feel free to take debates elsewhere: VM, PM, or a different thread.

:ditto:
Original post by chocolate hottie
Can I ask, who decides what your God actually wants you to do, in your belief system when it isn't in the Koran?

Fiqh is the branch of Islam which encompasses deriving understanding and rulings from religious scripture. Here is how it works:

First the Quran is used as the primary source. The matter is sought from the Quran.
Then the Sunnah (the way of the Prophet, peace be upon him) is sought.
Then the practice of those who understood it best is sought - those who learned directly from him, and so on.
Then individual scholars may provide their reasoning, and scholars may come to an agreement. This may also involve qiyas (analogical deduction).

Using one of the latter sources does not mean that the former ones are dismissed or overlooked. The higher sources are still used at the lower level, and they still hold the same priority.

Why is one scholar favoured over another as more to be trusted? Or do you just have to go with the line of the authority which makes most sense and hope they haven't got it wrong and you end up in hell? (Or whatever the punishment is for receiving birthday cards if it really was haram).

Their evaluations are assessed, elaborated and critiqued (by other scholars). The extent to which they are correct is assessed, as is their use of sources to derive the ruling. A layperson can also access the works of these scholars.
Original post by getfunky!
:ditto:

How's it goin?! :dance:
Did pages 195 and 196 just disappear:s-smilie:. I was looking forward to reading them

Latest

Trending

Trending