The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gouki
I went to London recently, it was pretty crap tbh

Try living here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beautiful lecture, very emotional ending: [video="youtube;VVCWUHOZKC8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVCWUHOZKC8&list=PLsfCOW Cxu_6bOQ7vh2VQRQ6sUq4XnO7Dj&inde x=16[/video]
[video="youtube;F8NgJAOwhvw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8NgJAOwhvw[/video]
Original post by K1NG93
[video="youtube;F8NgJAOwhvw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8NgJAOwhvw[/video]

That was really quite scary
Original post by binarythoughts
That was really quite scary

We should be all be trying our best to avoid it. :biggrin:
Hiya everyone

Please don't use the I-SOC thread for engaging in debates and bickering. This thread is for peaceful discussion relating to Islam and mutually respectful discourse.

If you feel that someone is being disrespectful or is otherwise behaving in an inappropriate manner please don't respond to them - please just report their post to flag the attention of a moderator. This will stop the thread from being derailed.

Thanks,

Funky!:hat:
AsalaamuAlaykum :smile:

Hope you're all well
----

I had a really good conversation with this guy who I think is Christian/Catholic (sorry don't know if that means the same :redface:) and he was handing out some leaflets. I was at the bus top in town today, when he came across me and said 'Do you want a leaflet?'. I replied 'okay'. And then he started talking about how 'God is Human like us and has settled on earth and is going to build a Kingdom here etc'
I was like okay and instead of bashing out to him I sat down with him and explained to him that what you're saying is wrong and reading through the leaflet I criticised some points.

It was very nice of him to listen to me and what really was interesting was whenever I spoke he would listen but would not give me a reply to the questions I asked. He would just repeat himself. I had to go when my bus arrived and then all he said was 'God bless you dear'.

Just makes me think sometimes that whenever you have the opportunity to talk to someone just do it. Don't feel scared and the end of it, you'll feel great and happy that you've shared your views with someone who may not fully agree with you. :smile:
Original post by K1NG93

SubhanAllah Amazing reminder :yy:

May Allah forgive us all and grant us all Jannatul-Firdaus.
Original post by Incredible97
SubhanAllah Amazing reminder :yy:

May Allah forgive us all and grant us all Jannatul-Firdaus.

Ameen
Original post by Mary562

Hope you're all well
----

I had a really good conversation with this guy who I think is Christian/Catholic (sorry don't know if that means the same :redface:) and he was handing out some leaflets. I was at the bus top in town today, when he came across me and said 'Do you want a leaflet?'. I replied 'okay'. And then he started talking about how 'God is Human like us and has settled on earth and is going to build a Kingdom here etc'
I was like okay and instead of bashing out to him I sat down with him and explained to him that what you're saying is wrong and reading through the leaflet I criticised some points.

It was very nice of him to listen to me and what really was interesting was whenever I spoke he would listen but would not give me a reply to the questions I asked. He would just repeat himself. I had to go when my bus arrived and then all he said was 'God bless you dear'.

Just makes me think sometimes that whenever you have the opportunity to talk to someone just do it. Don't feel scared and the end of it, you'll feel great and happy that you've shared your views with someone who may not fully agree with you. :smile:

Aw.

mashalla.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Day when all the secrets (deeds, prayers, fasting, etc.) will be examined (as to their truth). (86:9) Are we prepared for the Day?
Original post by Mary562

Hope you're all well
----

Aww, subhanallah what an amazing person :biggrin:
Original post by Mary562

Hope you're all well
----

Mmn I agree. In the UK, two young Christian men came to give me 'dawah'. They explained a few things and I took their holy book as it was interesting. I then took the opportunity of asking them a question based on something I heard an idiot say on tsr, and they agree that it was completely false. And to finish of, I offered them chocolate. My bro was with me lol, and he saw them again after, he asked them to visit the mosque he used to work at. Our turn for dawah of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats

:smile:
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Aww, subhanallah what an amazing person :biggrin:

:smile: How are you?

Original post by beautifulxxx
Mmn I agree. In the UK, two young Christian men came to give me 'dawah'. They explained a few things and I took their holy book as it was interesting. I then took the opportunity of asking them a question based on something I heard an idiot say on tsr, and they agree that it was completely false. And to finish of, I offered them chocolate. My bro was with me lol, and he saw them again after, he asked them to visit the mosque he used to work at. Our turn for dawah of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw nice 'chocolate'. I will never eat chocolate again :frown:

Spoiler

but I think a few days ago I had so much chocolate that it made me feel sick. Two days later my throat was hurting and then caught a cold etc

Yes Indeed, we all should :smile:
Original post by Gouki
I went to London recently, it was pretty crap tbh

Sahara grill?
Original post by Iqbal007
Sahara grill?

akhi knooooows
Original post by Mary562

Spoiler

but I think a few days ago I had so much chocolate that it made me feel sick. Two days later my throat was hurting and then caught a cold etc

Loool awww. Gotta be moderate sis. I've been eating a ton of choc these days too lol. Had galaxy earlier. Mmn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mary562

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

That giant galaxy bar lol, should have shared tsk tsk 😄.

Latest

Trending

Trending