The Student Room Group

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rkumar3
kings offer :smile:

Congrats! Feel free to join the group I made on fb if you plan on firming KcL! :-) x
Reply 501
Original post by eshdentist
Congrats! Feel free to join the group I made on fb if you plan on firming KcL! :-) x

ahhh ill let you know when I hear back from aberdeen
Original post by jemms
What do you want to know? ������

We just want to know what DECs we have been assigned to, and what we need to do in terms of blood tests etc before coming
Original post by BiomedDentist
We just want to know what DECs we have been assigned to, and what we need to do in terms of blood tests etc before coming

Didn't you have to do health clearance for Biomed? It'll be the same....

HIV
HepB/C antigen status

All other immunisations up to date.
anyone not heard from kings yet?
Congrats all! Did they have a facility to hang your coat when you went for your interviews to kings?
Original post by ProspecDent
Congrats all! Did they have a facility to hang your coat when you went for your interviews to kings?

You can leave your bag/coat in the room where you're briefed and they lock it whilst no one's here (like when you're actually doing the interview)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liammckkk
anyone not heard from kings yet?

I haven't received anything from UCAS or Kings application yet. It's so horrible just waiting, especially seeing other people have got offers :frown:
ah that's strange! have they acknowledged your application?
Hey guys,
For those who have had interviews, how many interviewers are there at each station for the mmi? Are there more than one? So nervous :frown:
Thanks x
I just spoke to UCLan and he said they are posting letters out today first class :smile:
Original post by althornber1
I just spoke to UCLan and he said they are posting letters out today first class :smile:

OMG so excited. Have you thought about accommodation yet??
Who really knows, 1 interviews they where told 45 interviews for 20, 2nd round, 60 for 20; today we were told 80 for 20. 1:4

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone heard from aberdeen yet? they said middle of feb didn't they?
Did anyone see about Aberdeen on the news?

Aberdeen dental school 'harmed patients' finds report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-31503300

Can't believe 1/3 didn't graduate last year!
Original post by eshdentist
Did anyone see about Aberdeen on the news?

Aberdeen dental school 'harmed patients' finds report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-31503300

Can't believe 1/3 didn't graduate last year!

Oh my goodness! That's worrying, brings into question the amount of support and supervision available to students!
Original post by liammckkk
anyone heard from aberdeen yet? they said middle of feb didn't they?

They said that they could hear from the Scottish government regarding the number of places available any time from the end of Feb, they said that it will be late march, and any time before that is a bonus and that they will let us know as soon as they hear
I got my letter from UCLan today, so exciting.
I booked my hepatitis B vaccinations, and we have to have an occupational health check and DBS etc.

Is anyone else firming UCLan? (I still have to hear from aberdeen but I have decided to firm UCLan either way), if so we have to travel to preston on the 20th of June to show ID for the DBS check, maybe everyone could meet up before or after?

Reply 518
They said that they could hear from the Scottish government regarding the number of places available any time from the end of Feb, they said that it will be late march, and any time before that is a bonus and that they will let us know as soon as they hear

They said Feb when i went but could have changed
I got my letter from UCLan today, so exciting.
I booked my hepatitis B vaccinations, and we have to have an occupational health check and DBS etc.

Is anyone else firming UCLan? (I still have to hear from aberdeen but I have decided to firm UCLan either way), if so we have to travel to preston on the 20th of June to show ID for the DBS check, maybe everyone could meet up before or after?

Yay I got mine yesterday! :smile: so funny how we have to collect teeth...
I've already mentioned but I've firmed uclan so will be up for meeting everyone :smile: I think you've made the right choice with uclan!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest