The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by Dylann
I would love to meet but I'm afraid I'll probably be going to Durham instead :smile:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2421
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Woooooo

Awesome

:smile:
Woooooo

Awesome

Yeah I gave in :frown: Durham looks too good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:Full support for your answer.
Original post by Dylann

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad you're going :lol:

Idk why, I'm not going but I still wanna know what it's like and that

Who you gonna insure then?
Original post by trubadur
:yy:Full support for your answer.

Awesome :biggrin: you still deciding between Durham and St. A? Have Edinburgh replied yet??

I'm glad you're going :lol:

Idk why, I'm not going but I still wanna know what it's like and that

Who you gonna insure then?

Insure Warwick probably. You firming Cam insuring Durham/bristol?? And I'll keep you up to date with how Durham is and what awesomeness you're missing out on :P
Original post by Dylann
Awesome :biggrin: you still deciding between Durham and St. A? Have Edinburgh replied yet??

Insure Warwick probably. You firming Cam insuring Durham/bristol?? And I'll keep you up to date with how Durham is and what awesomeness you're missing out on :P

Haha nice.

Firming Cambridge, insuring Bristol. Durham is too far and expensive to visit, so unless one of my friends is like omg omg it's absolutely amazing, I'd rather stick to what I know of Bristol

Haha good!look forward to it :wink:
Original post by Dylann

No offer from Edi,yet.I'll take my time, up to the limit for the final decision:smile:
In autumn it was 75% StA, today it's 60% Durham:wink:
Do I need A level Physics for a Chemistry degree? I study Bio, Chem, Maths and English (for a bit of variety!) and am looking into Biological and Medicinal Chemistry courses.
Original post by MsTyrell
Do I need A level Physics for a Chemistry degree? I study Bio, Chem, Maths and English (for a bit of variety!) and am looking into Biological and Medicinal Chemistry courses.

Nope!

I did maths chemistry economics and English at AS (more of a variety!!) and dropped English for A2. I have an offer from Durham (who said they give some preference to those with other sciences, or they encourage applicants to have other sciences). So you should he be fine with bio :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my interview time from Surrey for an undergrad Mchem. Not sure what they're going to ask me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Med & Bio at Edinburgh currently, and you don't need it, I did Physics and I've barely used it!
Just wondering still as well: which module of maths is more desirable, stats or mechanics? I do stats 1 and 2 and don't do physics - is this okay?
Just wondering still as well: which module of maths is more desirable, stats or mechanics? I do stats 1 and 2 and don't do physics - is this okay?

stats is more useful tbh.
Original post by trubadur
I'm so happy.Offer from Durham for MChem(Industrial):smile:

Got my offer MChem(Industrial) Durham on Tues evening AT LAST - so relieved, went to Nottingham offer holders on Wednesday. Waiting for Durham College allocation and offer holders day and then decision time......
Original post by Poppy 38
Got my offer MChem(Industrial) Durham on Tues evening AT LAST - so relieved, went to Nottingham offer holders on Wednesday. Waiting for Durham College allocation and offer holders day and then decision time......

Congrats:clap2:Please keep me informed on the issue.
Good luck with the allocation, and with the revision for the grades:smile:
It seems we are close to a similar decision for the same course: firm Durham and insurance Nott:wink:
Have you met Prof. Poliakoff?Which was your impression on the Chem Dept and uni after the visit at Nott?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Has everyone who has applied for Chemistry @ UCL had an interview? I haven't heard anything since I applied in November :confused:
I can't decide between Bristol and Bath for Chemistry. My mum reckons Bath is better for me as its a campus and everything's in one place and since I'm partially sighted feels it would be safer all around. However when I visited Bristol it just felt "right" to me but my mum feels it would be unsafe for me due to the gang crime in bristol and therefore says she wouldn't support me well if i go to borstal. I feel really confused because I really liked bristol but my um says I should go to bath. What'd you all think? I need some advice please...!
Original post by HennersPD
I can't decide between Bristol and Bath for Chemistry. My mum reckons Bath is better for me as its a campus and everything's in one place and since I'm partially sighted feels it would be safer all around. However when I visited Bristol it just felt "right" to me but my mum feels it would be unsafe for me due to the gang crime in bristol and therefore says she wouldn't support me well if i go to borstal. I feel really confused because I really liked bristol but my um says I should go to bath. What'd you all think? I need some advice please...!

If you felt better about Bristol then go Bristol.

All cities have crimes, but typically you're only going to be in the student-dominated areas and personally i've always found them to be pretty safe. The only usual crime concern is that large areas of student housing are targeted for break-ins, but other than that i've yet to experience issues in a city. I'm sure you can look up crime figures, and there's probably even maps as to the general location. I think there's just assumptions throwing you off there - that aren't necessarily enough to worry about, and that relevant. Because students are around the same living areas in halls/private locations the walking routes are normally well populated and usually fairly well lit anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending