The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beautifulxxx
JazakAllahu khayran subhanAllah. Thank u x

No problemo :wink:

The Prophet [salAllahu alayhi wa salam] said:’Whoever recites Surah Al Kahf on a Friday, Allah will kindle for him abundant light to illuminate the period between the two Fridays (the Friday on which he recited the Surah and the next Friday)’

So read Surah al Kahf. Read it before Maghrib today.
And in your duas remember to say one thing. Rabanna Atinah Fidunya Hasanatan Wafil Akhirati hasannatan wakina azabannarrrr. A man was heard making a dua that he wants all bad things to happen in the world so he gets the best in the akhirah.
SAW heard this and said "It would be better for you if you said (the dua above)"

Surah al baqarah (1:201) is the dua.

Keep the whole ummah in your duas and may allah grant us steadfast in deen, ameen.

(edited 9 years ago)
One thing on my mind: People and culture make my marriage hard. In other words its much easier but our society makes it hard. It's through experience I learnt the sunnah is slowly vanishing, which is sad. SAW did say the best of generations will be mine, the one after, then the one after and so-forth...
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
One thing on my mind: People and culture make my marriage hard. In other words its much easier but our society makes it hard. It's through experience I learnt the sunnah is slowly vanishing, which is sad. SAW did say the best of generations will be mine, the one after, then the one after and so-forth...

Are you married?
Original post by Aabidah
Are you married?

I recently got rejected by a potential due to the parents wanting to 'find' someone for her, so like a force marriage for their daughter out of their own will. Life goes on. Lol
I recently got rejected by a potential due to the parents wanting to 'find' someone for her, so like a force marriage for their daughter out of their own will. Life goes on. Lol

Did the parents say this to you or did she? How did you ask? :laugh:
I've been sad all morning subhanAllah. Going to really miss mary. May Allah bless her and grant her jannah. Ameen.

Sis don't be upset, she will comeback very soon. I'm in touch with her 24hrs, Ameen.
Original post by HAnwar
Make sure you send some pictures :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will don't worry :smile:

Original post by Tennumbers

awww Congratulations :biggrin: May Allah make her the coolness to her parents eyes. Ameen.

Thanks! :biggrin: Ameen.

Erm, in order to "find" someone it's the guy's family that usually sends the proposal to the girl's family i.e. the parents of the guy typically "find" a potential wife (while the girl's family accepts if they approve). Did you propose the "traditional" way (getting both your families to meet)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Erm, in order to "find" someone it's the guy's family that usually sends the proposal to the girl's family i.e. the parents of the guy typically "find" a potential wife (while the girl family accepts if they approve). Did you propose the "traditional" way (getting both your families to meet)?

No he didn't...he'll PM you the details :lol:
Erm, in order to "find" someone it's the guy's family that usually sends the proposal to the girl's family i.e. the parents of the guy typically "find" a potential wife (while the girl family accepts if they approve). Did you propose the "traditional" way (getting both your families to meet)?

It was like that yes, and during the time I asked; I had 2 mahrams with me lol
But it happened straight away and the parents weren't having it.

Like I said; Life goes on.

Are you a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My arabic writing is embarrassing, can any of you guys write well? Post a pic please...

Hmmm, seems like the parents had a different kind of proposal in mind or they're picky in whom their daughter marries. Not much you can do there, sorry. Yes life goes on.
Are you a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No he's a guy lol.
Original post by Incredible97
Sis don't be upset, she will comeback very soon. I'm in touch with her 24hrs, Ameen.

Thanks hun xx do tell her I miss her then please x if I'm not mistaken...your sister has given birth or something lol? Why is everyone congratulating u? Must have missed the post sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aabidah
My arabic writing is embarrassing, can any of you guys write well? Post a pic please...

I'm okay. Yeah I'll post a pic...but not on here ofc *wink*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm, seems like the parents had a different kind of proposal in mind or they're picky in whom their daughter marries. Not much you can do there, sorry. Yes life goes on.

Asians are very picky with marriage. I don't know if the family is Asian however. But the primary concern isn't even the sunnah anymore. Which is a real shame. A brother could have a fantastic Islamic character and because he's not a doc he's rejected. Smh.
Edit: Not everyone ofc. Just the stereptypical fam I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm okay. Yeah I'll post a pic...but not on here ofc *wink*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol why not on here?
Thanks hun xx do tell her I miss her then please x if I'm not mistaken...your sister has given birth or something lol? Why is everyone congratulating u? Must have missed the post sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome dear, I will don't worry. Lol she hasn't given birth, it's only been 5 months :tongue:. Its okay no worries.

Latest

Trending

Trending