The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Medical Sciences at Exeter

Hi,

i have an offer to study Medical Sciences (pharmacology) in September at Exeter University. Does anyone know what campus would be best for accommodation for this course? Steatham or St Luke's as want to be as near as possible. Thanks in advance. :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi! I have an offer too so I'll be lurking this thread for an answer. I went to the offer holder day last Wednesday and did ask this but it was quite vague - basically you are split over both campuses but apparently you do more lectures and labs at streatham in first year, so I'm guessing it would be better to pick one nearer to streatham (but not so far north that it's too far to walk to St Luke's) however I'm not sure the names of the best accommodations (and those to stay clear of) so hopefully you'll get a better answer than this. :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Fortauna
Hi! I have an offer too so I'll be lurking this thread for an answer. I went to the offer holder day last Wednesday and did ask this but it was quite vague - basically you are split over both campuses but apparently you do more lectures and labs at streatham in first year, so I'm guessing it would be better to pick one nearer to streatham (but not so far north that it's too far to walk to St Luke's) however I'm not sure the names of the best accommodations (and those to stay clear of) so hopefully you'll get a better answer than this. :smile:

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to an offer day on March 11th so I'll ask them the same question and hopefully they won't be as vague!
Reply 3
I got mine on the 12th so not too long ago, I applied back in October so it was a long wait...:s-smilie:
(edited 3 years ago)
james owen is in town between the 2 campuses as is the printworks a private hall
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
james owen is in town between the 2 campuses as is the printworks a private hall

Thanks for that, i'll have a look at them.:smile:
Reply 6
I applied mid October and heard back around 18th November. Sorry to hear you're still waiting - I know the feeling as I'm still waiting for Bath. I hope you hear back soon :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
I have a friend who is still waiting to hear from Exeter. Waiting is horrible!
Hope you hear soon.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Gump
Hi,

i have an offer to study Medical Sciences (pharmacology) in September at Exeter University. Does anyone know what campus would be best for accommodation for this course? Steatham or St Luke's as want to be as near as possible. Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Hey, I've just been to an offers only visiting day for medical sciences at Exeter and asked this question to a few students doing the same course, they gave the impression most of the medical science students live on Streatham campus somewhere like Lafrawder. As Streatham is the main campus, activities like freshers be more based here as well. There's are also a few shuttle buses running in the morning and afternoon from Streatham and St lukes but only at certain times.
Reply 9
I've also applied for Exeter Medical Science. I've an offer for Cellular and Molecular at Bristol but ideally Exeter is where I'd like to go.
I applied in December and I'm panicking a little now, lol.
Inwas declined from Cardiff, offer from UWE for Biomedical and still awaiting to hear from Bath :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Gump
Hi,

I went to the offer holders day yesterday and as far as i can tell, LaFrowda on Streatham campus seems to be the best option for pretty much the reasons already mentioned in the thread. Good luck!
Reply 11
I received an offer today. Really happy, firmed it straight away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Lau85
I received an offer today. Really happy, firmed it straight away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :biggrin: See you all in September!
Reply 13
Reply 14
If you have had an offer for medical science at the university of exeter and putting it as your firm choice, please join the "Exeter University Medical Science Freshers 2015-2016" Facebook page. Questions are welcome
Reply 15
Lafrowda is definitely the best choice! best location for everything
Reply 16
Hi guys what were all ur offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending