The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades --> Chittesh's Journey!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Husseina2468
Ah, okay thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a problem, if you ever need any help regarding any subject.
Just post on this thread, or private message me on this forum board. It is an amazing website to collaborate and interconnect.
I'm very talented at Maths (no boast/my opinion), so if you ever need any help regarding GCSE Maths, ask me asap!
It's my favourite subject.
Lol okay well I'm someone that struggles quite a lot with maths and no matter how much I revise a topic the next day when I try and do a question on that specific topic my mind will blank out. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol okay well I'm someone that struggles quite a lot with maths and no matter how much I revise a topic the next day when I try and do a question on that specific topic my mind will blank out. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes, people don't understand maths once. You need to revise it a lot. You need to revise with a good mood, your concentration should all be on Maths, not on anything else. Get used to doing worksheets, they're like exam papers, so it increases your concentration skills. Try to read the same thing, twice or three times. I'm quite good at maths naturally I think, therefore, I understand stuff straight away. However, some topics I have to revise 10-15 times to remember, otherwise I forget them in a week.

What topics do you struggle on?
What is your predicted grade at Maths?
What is your current grade at Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mostly struggle with the functional skills questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mostly struggle with the functional skills questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please elaborate, like give a question as an example or a certain topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This post is to confirm that Chittesh14's grades have been verified! :banana::banana2::banana:
Thanks @Puddles The Monkey.

I didn't continue this thread, like update it for a while on purpose as I wanted to upload it daily in the half term.
Sorry for people who kept watching my thread, keep watching it and follow it back if you unfollowed due to me not updating. I could've kept updating, but I didn't so I can update it all In the holidays.
Anyway, from today to the 23rd February, I'll update this daily :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
Thanks @Puddles The Monkey.

Anyway, from today I'll update this daily :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only have a few hours left

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC
You only have a few hours left

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update:

Friday, 13th February, 2015:

Today, it was the first day of my holiday!
I took a bit of rest, spent ages talking to my friend, finding a solution to a question.
I finally found a solution to the answer, and understood where I was going wrong after the two mathematicians; @TenOfThem and @TeeEm helped me.
That's all I did to be honest today! But, it took 5 hours lel.
Also, my Intermediate Paper, I kind of answered the questions on it. Going to finish it tomorrow!
Sunday, 15th February, 2015.

Sorry for not updating tomorrow, but it's clearly because as you guys know the ICC World Cup started. I'm an Indian, and therefore support India, slept at 1 am and woke up at 4 am. Barely got any sleep, tired as hell! Today, I haven't revised at all either due to the lack of energy! Tomorrow is the day I'll start revising from. Get ready to see some real thriller on this thread tomorrow, stay active and keep watching this please!!
Sorry for the lack of updates.

During the past few days, I've been entertained in cricket far too much. Starting solid revision from tomorrow. Today, I went through 2 Maths Past Papers (Non-Calculator) to check some really tough questions and the solutions for them, as I couldn't answer them or understand the answers :P.

Tomorrow:

Sort out my table
Revise 1 hour biology
Revise 1 hour chemistry
Revise 1 hour physics
Revise 1 hour geography (maybe)
Start making test trackers for each subject.
Just like to say it's really inspiring to read someone documenting their own progress. Not sure if anyone else does (they probably do on this site), but I can see why it's such a help for you to see how far you've come from the start.

I hope you get the best grades, and you keep on trooping, trooper!

September can't come any quicker for university, I'm rearing to document my own journey now.
Original post by Expired Potato
Just like to say it's really inspiring to read someone documenting their own progress. Not sure if anyone else does (they probably do on this site), but I can see why it's such a help for you to see how far you've come from the start.

I hope you get the best grades, and you keep on trooping, trooper!

September can't come any quicker for university, I'm rearing to document my own journey now.

Thanks buddy, yeah it's good to track your progress. This way, you can see, when you are most lazy and most active to do work. You can also improve your flaws whilst revising too, like laziness etc. This also allows you to check what topics you've revised so far, so if you're aware of what you're learning or haven't heard it before, if you're revising it or looking at it for the first time in your life, etc. Soon, GCSE Maths is coming up, my main aim is there!
What do you want to be when you are older? I am just interested in knowing why because your blog is very inspiring to me. Thesr things that I am reading makes me get the pen and paper and start working.
Well, I know it's 20th February now :biggrin:, but the update was for Thursday!

I wanted to do the subjects I posted on this thread yestarday.
But, I was in a rush to go to my cousin's house and didn't take the books I needed to so I only did 2 subjects today :/.
However, done at least 2-3 hours of maths and 1 hour of biology, so it seemed good! Enjoyed my time at my cousin's house, even though there was no one to accompany me :/.

Tomorrow: 1 Hour Biology, 1 Hour Physics (Optional), 1 Hour ICT and maybe 1 Hour English (Optional).
From tomorrow, I'm on a roll :P. Also, tomorrow my homework shall be started as I'm definitely not spending time on Sunday, it's India's Match, haha!
Original post by MrMackyTv
What do you want to be when you are older? I am just interested in knowing why because your blog is very inspiring to me. Thesr things that I am reading makes me get the pen and paper and start working.

Hey buddy!
I'm not sure what I want to be when I become older, but at the moment, it sounds like something to do with Maths. Possibly an Actuary as that what's my brother's dream job and he's succeeding in his journey of becoming one! Anything related to Maths really for now, maybe, my A-Levels might change my mind :P when I start enjoying other subjects more, but I doubt it's going to be like that, who knows though? On the other hand, thanks, it feels extremely nice seeing that someone aspires to achieve in life and gets the inspiration of doing so from my thread! I've put my progress trackers in the thread, haven't touched them yet, I'm going to start using them when the half-term finishes. Furthermore, I'm going to make my test-trackers tomorrow, sorry guys, was busy today, only came on today as you can see, no posts were made! Good luck to you and I hope your dreams come true, whether they're about academical progress or just general success!
Add approximately 1 hour of Maths Revision onto the list for today! Lol, can't count it on Thursday, just did an hour's revision at night. #Phew! :/. But, it's the subject I enjoy, what a shame!
21st Februrary 2015;

I've not posted my 'Test Trackers' as I haven't finished completing them. Still stuck on how to make them to be honest, got several options, thinking of which one would be the best :P.
I've not done revision today, however, I'm going to do 1 hour of English revision now. Possibly, tomorrow, I'm going to do 'ALL HOMEWORK' + '1 HOUR ENGLISH' + '1 HOUR ICT' + '1 HOUR BIOLOGY' + '1 HOUR PHYSICS'. This time, I have to do it, I've done no revision in the holidays, other than like 20 hours of Maths. The laziness is like... forreal lol. Got to put in the effort! Holidays are over now... back to serious work.

Good luck me guys, got a Physics Test, Biology Test and a Maths Mock coming up all in the next week.
Biology Test - Tuesday 24th February 2015
Physics Test - Wednesday 25th February 2015
Maths Test - Friday 27th February 2015
Good luck! Hopefully all the hard work has paid off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending