The Student Room Group

How to revise efficiently for year 12?

I take maths, English lit and sociology.

Could someone suggest, who takes the same subjects, how to revise and how they do it? I want to do well in my mocks and any other end of unit or topic tests.

I'm aiming for AA*A* respectively.
Hello I do Sociology - I find it helpful making essay plans and making flashcards to remember key socilogists! Feel free to also make a Grow Your Grades 2023 - 2024! - The Student Room forum to track your year 12 journey!! @74darina :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello I do Sociology - I find it helpful making essay plans and making flashcards to remember key socilogists! Feel free to also make a Grow Your Grades 2023 - 2024! - The Student Room forum to track your year 12 journey!! @74darina :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by 74darina
I take maths, English lit and sociology.

Could someone suggest, who takes the same subjects, how to revise and how they do it? I want to do well in my mocks and any other end of unit or topic tests.

I'm aiming for AA*A* respectively.

Revision can be extremely stressful. Things that help the most are creating a study schedule with allocated time for each module and breaks to stay consistent and prevent burnout. It's also useful to prioritise topics that are the most challenging and practise active recall techniques like flashcards, mind-maps, past papers under exam conditions and essay plans. Having a healthy lifestyle with the right amount of sleep, exercise and a balanced diet also helps to prevent exhaustion during exam periods. Overall, enjoy the process and have something to look forward to after exams are over!

Quick Reply

Latest