The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyW91
Yeah, I have a start date - the 27th March. It's all been confirmed & that's my induction day then I have 2 weeks training in Southport then my role is in Liverpool.
My email wasn't from Manpower though it was from, what looks like, one of the team leaders at the passport office itself. She's even confirmed my shift pattern & which day off I would have when I work the Saturday.
I hope you all hear soon & something gets sorted out for you!

Hi Amy,

I have had my start date confirmed today too - 27th March! Is your role PO1 or PO3? Same my training is at Southport, but they can reminburse the train costs which is good. I will be working 9.45-5.45 and have a Wednesday off when I work my Saturday.

Will prob see you there!
Reply 581
Original post by Hannahd91
Hi Amy,

I have had my start date confirmed today too - 27th March! Is your role PO1 or PO3? Same my training is at Southport, but they can reminburse the train costs which is good. I will be working 9.45-5.45 and have a Wednesday off when I work my Saturday.

Will prob see you there!

Ahh yeah, all the same as me! :smile:
I'm PO1 - you?
Original post by AmyW91
I'm PO1 - you?

Delighted for you girls. Good on you x
Don't suppose anyone who had a job interview in December / January for PO1 or PO3 positions, and has not heard anything as to whether you got the job or not - been updated anytime recently ?
Original post by missfohal
Delighted for you girls. Good on you x

Thank you so much x
Original post by AmyW91
I'm PO1 - you?

Mines po3 but must be same training!x
Reply 586
Don't suppose anyone who had a job interview in December / January for PO1 or PO3 positions, and has not heard anything as to whether you got the job or not - been updated anytime recently ?

Can't believe you still haven't heard! Have they replied to your email yet?
Original post by Jukie
Can't believe you still haven't heard! Have they replied to your email yet?

No they haven't replied at all.

I have gone past anger and frustration, and now this experience is really starting to upset me.
Reply 588

I have gone past anger and frustration, and now this experience is really starting to upset me.

Nothing short of ridiculous you couldn't make it up. They are keeping all part timers waiting until they see what they have when everyone is through clearance but haven't even told you results of interview yet let alone commence clearance.
I understand you feeling upset it was a very intense process requiring a lot of preparation and you should have had your result weeks ago. I hope you get through after the long wait.
Reply 589

I have just received another email with same shift pattern form and asking how much notice I have to give from a different dept???
Have you heard anything?
Original post by Jukie
I have just received another email with same shift pattern form and asking how much notice I have to give from a different dept???
Have you heard anything?

No. Well until I decided I had had enough so rang Manpower in Liverpool and was able to obtain a certain e-mail address, which was very quick in responding might I add. However, the response was no clearer. Bit of going round the houses and then coming straight back to square one. I spoke to someone at the job centre who said if they are anything like them, then the reason we wont have heard will more than likely be to do with money to recruit - like they are only able to take on so many per month etc. My other half said the same ( he used to work for the Home Office ). Also, the end of the tax year is fast approaching and that wont be helping matters.

Wish this was like facebook where you could request friends haha. Don't really want to plaster the persons response on here.

Have you sent the forms off again ? x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 591
No. Well until I decided I had had enough so rang Manpower in Liverpool and was able to obtain a certain e-mail address, which was very quick in responding might I add. However, the response was no clearer. Bit of going round the houses and then coming straight back to square one. I spoke to someone at the job centre who said if they are anything like them, then the reason we wont have heard will more than likely be to do with money to recruit - like they are only able to take on so many per month etc. My other half said the same ( he used to work for the Home Office ). Also, the end of the tax year is fast approaching and that wont be helping matters.

Wish this was like facebook where you could request friends haha. Don't really want to plaster the persons response on here.

Have you sent the forms off again ? x

Yes and as its a different person will email them next week, form has to be back by Monday. Think if you click on individual profiles you can send PM's x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jukie
Yes and as its a different person will email them next week, form has to be back by Monday. Think if you click on individual profiles you can send PM's x

Sent PM x
Reply 593
Sent PM x

Sent you copy of my email by pm x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 594
Original post by Mr poster
Missfohal, I really hope you do get the job. I wouldn't want you to go through all of this and then a negative response at the end. It won't be nice but just hang in there.

Any one starting London soon, or waiting for the security clearance?

Yes, I am waiting for London. Attended interview on Oct 23rd. Got Security Clearance on Jan 13. Pre - employment checks completed only yesterday. ( My previous employer's reference email never reached them it seems . Had to do a bit of chasing myself to get it re send ). Not sure how much longer I would have to wait...
Reply 595
Original post by jen89
Yeah I'm hopin coz we found out straight away that works in favour so get preference in regards to shifts may not tho but wouldn't fancy permantly doin lates ha

Have you got your start date Jen?
Reply 596
Original post by Jukie
Have you got your start date Jen?

hey

no havent heard anythin i havent chased it up either prob if havent heard anythin by next friday may email
Reply 597
Original post by jen89
hey

no havent heard anythin i havent chased it up either prob if havent heard anythin by next friday may email

I emailed was told cos I was part time won't be able to give me a start date until mid April then last Thurs received same shift pref firm to fill in fr a different person???
Reply 598
Original post by Jukie
I emailed was told cos I was part time won't be able to give me a start date until mid April then last Thurs received same shift pref firm to fill in fr a different person???

so would that be early mornings i wanted to work the earliest shift as preferred, so perhaps may not hear till later myself not sure ill prob email them if i haven't heard anything by next Friday.
Reply 599
Original post by jen89
so would that be early mornings i wanted to work the earliest shift as preferred, so perhaps may not hear till later myself not sure ill prob email them if i haven't heard anything by next Friday.

No just 20 hours a week not particularly mornings. Hannah & Amy here have start dates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending