The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tennumbers
Ameen. Jazakillahu khayran. :smile:

Wa Iyakki
Original post by ash92:)
Sorry akhi, could you please elaborate on what kind of book you're looking for? A tafseer of the whole Quran which is brief?

A book that has notes that explain what context and what time certain verses were given in. Do you think that reading the english translation alone might be sufficient?Like for some verses you need some context to make sense of them. Sorry if im being confusing:smile:
Original post by FlareBlitz96
A book that has notes that explain what context and what time certain verses were given in. Do you think that reading the english translation alone might be sufficient?Like for some verses you need some context to make sense of them. Sorry if im being confusing:smile:

For context, it seems English translation would be sufficient. Asbab al-Nuzool may be something along the lines of what you're looking for. I don't really know what to recommend tbh bro, as it would need to be a tafseer and need to be non-brief. See the tafseers of al-Jalalayn, Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on them) and also the tafseer Ma'ariful Quran. The first is more brief.
:indiff::indiff::indiff::indiff:
[video="youtube;K1w3AXmAbao"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1w3AXmAbao[/video]
Nouman Ali Khan is funny^
The Truth About the Age of Ayshah and Her Marriage to Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

Spoiler

Can't comment any more :indiff:
"Then Beat Them"?

Spoiler

The prophet pbuh said:
Oh Shaddad (Shaddad ibn Aws), if you see people hoarding gold and silver, say these words: Oh Allah, I ask you continuity and steadiness in my affairs, I ask determination in righteousness, I ask you to help me in thanking You for Your blessings, to seek for forgiveness, to be excellent in the worship of Allah, for a peaceful and pure heart, a truthful tongue and righteous conducts. I ask you the best of what You know and I seek refuge in You from the evil of what You know, and for Your forgiveness for what you know in my wrongs, for only You know the unseen.
Sahih Bukhari - Book of eclipses
Chapter: as-Salat (the Prayer) during a solar eclipse

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا هَاشِمُ بْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شَيْبَانُ أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنْ زِيَادِ بْنِ عِلاَقَةَ، عَنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ بْنِ شُعْبَةَ، قَالَ كَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمَ مَاتَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ، فَقَالَ النَّاسُ كَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ لِمَوْتِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ إِنَّ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ لاَ يَنْكَسِفَانِ لِمَوْتِ أَحَدٍ وَلاَ لِحَيَاتِهِ، فَإِذَا رَأَيْتُمْ فَصَلُّوا وَادْعُوا اللَّهَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu`ba:
"The sun eclipsed in the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on the day when (his son) Ibrahim died. So the people said that the sun had eclipsed because of the death of Ibrahim. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death or life (i.e. birth) of someone. When you see the eclipse pray and invoke Allah."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1043
In-book reference : Book 16, hadith 4
USC-MSA web English reference: Vol 2, book 18, hadith 153
Sahih Bukhari - book of eclipses
Chapter: To give sadaqa during the eclipse [باب الصَّدَقَةِ فِي الْكُسُوفِ]

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مَسْلَمَةَ، عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ هِشَامِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّهَا قَالَتْ خَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ فِي عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَصَلَّى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالنَّاسِ، فَقَامَ فَأَطَالَ الْقِيَامَ، ثُمَّ رَكَعَ فَأَطَالَ الرُّكُوعَ، ثُمَّ قَامَ فَأَطَالَ الْقِيَامَ وَهْوَ دُونَ الْقِيَامِ الأَوَّلِ، ثُمَّ رَكَعَ فَأَطَالَ الرُّكُوعَ، وَهْوَ دُونَ الرُّكُوعِ الأَوَّلِ، ثُمَّ سَجَدَ فَأَطَالَ السُّجُودَ، ثُمَّ فَعَلَ فِي الرَّكْعَةِ الثَّانِيَةِ مِثْلَ مَا فَعَلَ فِي الأُولَى، ثُمَّ انْصَرَفَ وَقَدِ انْجَلَتِ الشَّمْسُ، فَخَطَبَ النَّاسَ، فَحَمِدَ اللَّهَ، وَأَثْنَى عَلَيْهِ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ آيَتَانِ مِنْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ، لاَ يَنْخَسِفَانِ لِمَوْتِ أَحَدٍ وَلاَ لِحَيَاتِهِ، فَإِذَا رَأَيْتُمْ ذَلِكَ فَادْعُوا اللَّهَ وَكَبِّرُوا، وَصَلُّوا وَتَصَدَّقُوا ‏"‏‏.‏ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ يَا أُمَّةَ مُحَمَّدٍ، وَاللَّهِ مَا مِنْ أَحَدٍ أَغْيَرُ مِنَ اللَّهِ أَنْ يَزْنِيَ عَبْدُهُ أَوْ تَزْنِيَ أَمَتُهُ، يَا أُمَّةَ مُحَمَّدٍ، وَاللَّهِ لَوْ تَعْلَمُونَ مَا أَعْلَمُ لَضَحِكْتُمْ قَلِيلاً وَلَبَكَيْتُمْ كَثِيرًا ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated 'Aisha:
In the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) (p.b.u.h) the sun eclipsed, so he led the people in prayer, and stood up and performed a long Qiyam, then bowed for a long while. He stood up again and performed a long Qiyam but this time the period of standing was shorter than the first. He bowed again for a long time but shorter than the first one, then he prostrated and prolonged the prostration. He did the same in the second rak`a as he did in the first and then finished the prayer; by then the sun (eclipse) had cleared. He delivered the Khutba (sermon) and after praising and glorifying Allah he said, "The sun and the moon are two signs against the signs of Allah; they do not eclipse on the death or life of anyone. So when you see the eclipse, remember Allah and say Takbir, pray and give Sadaqa." The Prophet then said, "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah! There is none who has more ghaira (selfrespect) than Allah as He has forbidden that His slaves, male or female commit adultery (illegal sexual intercourse). O followers of Muhammad! By Allah! If you knew that which I know you would laugh little and weep much.

Reference: Sahih Bukhari 1044
In-book reference: book 16, hadith 5
USC-MSA web (English) reference: vol 2, book 18, hadith 154
Original post by HSafirah
Sahih Bukhari - Book of eclipses
Chapter: as-Salat (the Prayer) during a solar eclipse

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا هَاشِمُ بْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شَيْبَانُ أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنْ زِيَادِ بْنِ عِلاَقَةَ، عَنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ بْنِ شُعْبَةَ، قَالَ كَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمَ مَاتَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ، فَقَالَ النَّاسُ كَسَفَتِ الشَّمْسُ لِمَوْتِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ إِنَّ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ لاَ يَنْكَسِفَانِ لِمَوْتِ أَحَدٍ وَلاَ لِحَيَاتِهِ، فَإِذَا رَأَيْتُمْ فَصَلُّوا وَادْعُوا اللَّهَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu`ba:
"The sun eclipsed in the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on the day when (his son) Ibrahim died. So the people said that the sun had eclipsed because of the death of Ibrahim. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death or life (i.e. birth) of someone. When you see the eclipse pray and invoke Allah."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1043
In-book reference : Book 16, hadith 4
USC-MSA web English reference: Vol 2, book 18, hadith 153

Speaking of eclipses, there's one on the 20th March that we'll be able to see from the UK :smile:
Original post by Al-farhan
Well you don't necessarily have to carry huge volumes of books with you if you want tafsiir on the go.
There are many ''tafsiir ala-hamiish'' tafsiir on the sides on the quran, or tafsiir al-wajiiz condensed/summerised tafsiirs:wink:

I see :smile:

Which condensed tafsir would you recommend, btw?
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Speaking of eclipses, there's one on the 20th March that we'll be able to see from the UK :smile:

Yes, I've heard of it! Thanks for telling :smile:
Original post by Mary562
Can't comment any more :indiff:

Please, speak your mind.:h:

No-one here is going to stop you.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn

:gasp::gah:

Whoah, will it be a proper eclipse like a complete blackout during the day? i've never seen one in my life
[video="youtube;SjioN1ooLRc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjioN1ooLRc[/video]
[video="youtube;mXgxdKIhLyI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXgxdKIhLyI[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending