Original post by kari1015
Nope, heard absolutely nothing...

Me neither, it's nearly March hahaha!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Dprince
Me neither, it's nearly March hahaha!

Me neither haha.. indeed, March. But still 32 days left :tongue:-->:s-smilie:!
However, I 've applied to some of the other universities in December only and am still waiting for those answers too. Of course this doesn't mean anything since UCL's has been pending for much longer... but it is just daunting.
Original post by guglpavarin
Me neither haha.. indeed, March. But still 32 days left :tongue:-->:s-smilie:!
However, I 've applied to some of the other universities in December only and am still waiting for those answers too. Of course this doesn't mean anything since UCL's has been pending for much longer... but it is just daunting.

At least we know we'll be finding out in the next 4 weeks!
Just got my feedback from Oxford.... probably 500-1,000 words that essentially say "We didn't choose you because there were loads of applications and you weren't one of the best".. Well cheers for that, so very enlightening. I had figured that out myself mate.

Seriously, just told me about TSA scores and how candidates above a certain score were likely to be interviewed.. well guess what? I'm both aware that I've been interviewed AND aware of my TSA score, so you telling me that people getting my sort of score are interviewed isn't news to me.

It's borderline offensive on the patronising front, didn't even include my essay score which they said they would...
Reply 584
Original post by Dprince
Just got my feedback from Oxford.... probably 500-1,000 words that essentially say "We didn't choose you because there were loads of applications and you weren't one of the best".. Well cheers for that, so very enlightening. I had figured that out myself mate.

Seriously, just told me about TSA scores and how candidates above a certain score were likely to be interviewed.. well guess what? I'm both aware that I've been interviewed AND aware of my TSA score, so you telling me that people getting my sort of score are interviewed isn't news to me.

It's borderline offensive on the patronising front, didn't even include my essay score which they said they would...

I got pretty much the same ****, it barely constitutes feedback. In fact you gett better feedback in a paragraph from other unis. They sent a copy to my teacher and couldn't even get her name right
Original post by ikariam976
anyone heard anything new yet ? :P
it's really getting ridiculous :biggrin:

Nope nothing yet and yes it is getting a little ridiculous, I've been waiting for 5 months now! :s-smilie:
Original post by Dprince

I didn't go ahead and get extra feedback about my Oxford application, but was it useful at all? Was there anything specific about your application or was it just the general 'it was competitive' for the whole 500-1000 words? I don't know if I regret not getting more feedback because (without being egotistic haha) my teachers were very surprised I didn't get an interview :s-smilie:
Original post by economicsrocks
I didn't go ahead and get extra feedback about my Oxford application, but was it useful at all? Was there anything specific about your application or was it just the general 'it was competitive' for the whole 500-1000 words? I don't know if I regret not getting more feedback because (without being egotistic haha) my teachers were very surprised I didn't get an interview :s-smilie:

Yeah, I didn't bother getting feedback from Oxford either. I sort of knew what they were going to say anyway...
Original post by Askaud
I got pretty much the same ****, it barely constitutes feedback. In fact you gett better feedback in a paragraph from other unis. They sent a copy to my teacher and couldn't even get her name right

When I got rejected by them they got my name wrong, absolute joke! Hahaha.. technically I haven't been rejected :wink:

Copy and Paste for the whole thing. At least last year they copy and pasted and then told me how my application applied to the information given.. this year they couldn't even be bothered to do that. Completely unhelpful, just basically said other applications were deemed more appropriate for the course..
Original post by Dprince
When I got rejected by them they got my name wrong, absolute joke! Hahaha.. technically I haven't been rejected :wink:

Copy and Paste for the whole thing. At least last year they copy and pasted and then told me how my application applied to the information given.. this year they couldn't even be bothered to do that. Completely unhelpful, just basically said other applications were deemed more appropriate for the course..

They got your name wrong?! That's ridiculous!

Wow, nice to see they put so much effort into it. Well that's helpful(!) As though we couldn't figure out that they thought some applicants were deemed more appropriate for the course ourselves... :angry:

Thanks for letting me know though, I see there would have been little point if I got feedback then.:smile:
Reply 590

Wow, nice to see they put so much effort into it. Well that's helpful(!) As though we couldn't figure out that they thought some applicants were deemed more appropriate for the course ourselves... :angry:

Thanks for letting me know though, I see there would have been little point if I got feedback then.:smile:

Hmm I'm very surprised at hearing all this. I personally received very specific feedback in terms of my interview performance. They also made it clear what the strong points and weaker points of my application was. I'm not reapplying next year, but if I was the feedback would've been very helpful. I'm sorry to hear that the others didn't get equally helpful feedback..

Was a really classy way to finish everything off.

The feedback in it's entirety was just points that you could infer from being rejected. ie. It was competitive, you needed a good score, other applicants were more suited etc.

Hopefully they will at least give me my essay score back as I've emailed them again!
Original post by Dprince
Was a really classy way to finish everything off.

The feedback in it's entirety was just points that you could infer from being rejected. ie. It was competitive, you needed a good score, other applicants were more suited etc.

Hopefully they will at least give me my essay score back as I've emailed them again!

That must have been really annoying to receive.

Yes, seeing as they said they would give you your essay score, hopefully they will!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That must have been really annoying to receive.

Yes, seeing as they said they would give you your essay score, hopefully they will!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We will just have to wait and see! :smile:
Let me state my theory:
They may either be gradually rejecting or gradually accepting people. In both cases there could be a bunch of answers being released at the very end of the official period (31 March).
if gradually rejecting--> bunch of acceptances at the end
if gradually accepting--> bunch of rejections at the end

This based on the premise that there is kind of a ranking of individuals or at least divided in groups...
However, I am just trying to find kind of a logic for this last month ha ha
Reply 595
I can't stand the wait anymore ! I do think that they will be new offer this week.... I am an international student in Senegal but currently taking the french baccaulaureate,any french people out there ? If yes what are your predicted grades ? I have also applied to ESPS ,at least they invited me to an interview !
Original post by DiorS
I can't stand the wait anymore ! I do think that they will be new offer this week.... I am an international student in Senegal but currently taking the french baccaulaureate,any french people out there ? If yes what are your predicted grades ? I have also applied to ESPS ,at least they invited me to an interview !

I am also taking the french baccalaureate! I actually don't know my predicted grades, except for maths spé (19). Good luck to you! Where else have you applied to ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 597
Original post by Soekblas
I am also taking the french baccalaureate! I actually don't know my predicted grades, except for maths spé (19). Good luck to you! Where else have you applied to ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ! Well i applied to LSE as well but as i did not provided predicted grades soon enough they declined my application,now i only have my 3 UCL choices in UK ^^! Otherwise i applied to Mcgill in canada,to Sciences po and to some prepa :smile:
Original post by DiorS
Thanks ! Well i applied to LSE as well but as i did not provided predicted grades soon enough they declined my application,now i only have my 3 UCL choices in UK ^^! Otherwise i applied to Mcgill in canada,to Sciences po and to some prepa :smile:

Ok great! between SciencesPo and UCL, what would you choose ? I am in the same situation as you!
Reply 599
Original post by Soekblas
Ok great! between SciencesPo and UCL, what would you choose ? I am in the same situation as you!

Really ?!! Did you applied to the dual degree between the two ? I did but i have not heard anything yet which is nerve racking ! Well that is my biggest problem ...If i am accepted to sciences po and for exemple the UCL PPE i may do the PPE but really every week i change my choice so....Are you doing a bac ES , if yes what are your grade like ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending