The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Business at Strathclyde

Hi everybody!

Who else did apply to study Business at Strath?
I received an offer for Business - N100 course - a few days ago, but have a question:
They write in their prospectus that if you prefer to choose the courses upon arrival, you shall apply to this N100 course: http://www.strath.ac.uk/undergraduatecourses/strathclydebusinessschool/bahonsbusiness/#top .
However, UCAS search shows that this course is only open to applicants from England, Northern Ireland and outside of the EU. http://search.ucas.com/course/summary/276069/business?CountryCode=3&Vac=5&AvailableIn=2015&Query=business&Location=scotland&ret=providers#coursedetailsmenu

I'm from Germany though, and this was neither written in the prospectus nor on their website. And I got an offer. So is this only a mistake in the UCAS search tool or do I have a problem?
Reply 1
Hey ! I also have an offer for this course :wink: My friend is in her third year, she studies business as well and she is from EU, so I dont think we have a problem :smile:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by boontree
Hey ! I also have an offer for this course :wink: My friend is in her third year, she studies business as well and she is from EU, so I dont think we have a problem :smile:

Everything turned out well, sent them an email and they told me they filled the places with EU and Scottish students. Seems like they want some students who have to pay higher tuition :biggrin:.
Is your friend happy with her course and Strathclyde in general?
And which courses do you want to study? :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah, my friend is very happy there, I heard so many good things from her about the course, people and uni ! :smile:
Im not really sure about the courses yet, I try not to rush it, keep an open mind :smile: Im on a gap year now, I travel a lot and meet so many different people, everyone wants to give advices :biggrin: We will see. I like that this course is so flexible in general :smile: How about you, which courses are you planning on studying?
Reply 4
Yeah, my friend is very happy there, I heard so many good things from her about the course, people and uni !
Im not really sure about the courses yet, I try not to rush it, keep an open mind Im on a gap year now, I travel a lot and meet so many different people, everyone wants to give advices We will see. I like that this course is so flexible in general How about you, which courses are you planning on studying?

Well, this seems to be nice. I heard good things on their union, too.
I thought about Business Analysis and Technology as job prospects are very good, but I'm not really sure about that. Maybe also Management Science or Human Resources Management :smile:.
Anyway, I have four applications I didn't receive an offer (hopefully! :biggrin:) from, but right now Strathclyde is my #1.
A gap year sounds very nice. I know so many people who are in Australia and in other parts of the world now. I chose to begin to study Industrial Engineering in my country, but don't regret it though. It's also a nice experience :biggrin:.
Are you from Scotland?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
I had actually started studying in Bath this year but I left soon after as I changed my mind about the course :biggrin: I love it that I took this year off, it has been full of amazing experiences :smile:
Im from Lithuania myself :smile:
Where else have you applied to? I have received all the offers already but I think Ill firm Strathclyde. Three of them are in England but Ive decided that I dont wanna take a loan. In Scotland I have Edinburgh and Strathclyde.
Reply 6
I had actually started studying in Bath this year but I left soon after as I changed my mind about the course :biggrin: I love it that I took this year off, it has been full of amazing experiences :smile:
Im from Lithuania myself :smile:
Where else have you applied to? I have received all the offers already but I think Ill firm Strathclyde. Three of them are in England but Ive decided that I dont wanna take a loan. In Scotland I have Edinburgh and Strathclyde.

Oh, yes tuition is expensive in England and I don't think it's really worth it:biggrin:.
I have also applications for Aero-Mechanical Engineering at Strathclyde, Electrical Engineering with Management at the University of Edinburgh and Engineering with Management at Edinburgh Napier University. So I applied mostly for Engineering majors :biggrin:.
Do you know when we have to choose our courses?
Original post by samman282
Well, this seems to be nice. I heard good things on their union, too.
I thought about Business Analysis and Technology as job prospects are very good, but I'm not really sure about that. Maybe also Management Science or Human Resources Management :smile:.
Anyway, I have four applications I didn't receive an offer (hopefully! :biggrin:) from, but right now Strathclyde is my #1.
A gap year sounds very nice. I know so many people who are in Australia and in other parts of the world now. I chose to begin to study Industrial Engineering in my country, but don't regret it though. It's also a nice experience :biggrin:.
Are you from Scotland?

Hey! I'm in Strath Business School & just wanted to say that if you do engineering at Strath you are free to pick some business school subjects! Management Science is both Business Analysis and Technology from 2nd year onwards. In first year everyone has the choice of picking Business Analysis and/or Business Technology.

I did Business Analysis in 1st year and it is a good class. For me it was a bit too formula and maths based in small parts (I'm more creative) but overall it's quite a good class. I know that a lot of engineering students take this class.

Good luck with it all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending