The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zubz91
An honour it would be to emulate our beloved prophet Peace be upon him or get any where near . Alhamdulillah (all thanks to God) I have read and know the history of islam . Yes I definitely would.

The question is what do you know kiwi?

Apparently, if you're a true Muslim you have to be a terrorist lol.
Original post by Tpos
...I don't even know who you are...What did you say?

You know when ibn fulaan said your account got hacked.. I believed him, and my reasons for believing him was that your posts seemed out of character and not that serious
Original post by Ankabout
Yes the angels did not have freewill to go against Allah which is why they questioned the idea of man having freewill to go against Him.

Quran (2:30): Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

Ok cool :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sermon 131 - We praise Him for whatever ...

\
Warning about death and counselling

Imam Ali a.s is reported to have said:

We praise Him for whatever He takes or gives or whatever He inflicts on us or tries us with. He is aware of all that is hidden and He sees all that is concealed. He knows all that breasts contain or eyes hide. We render evidence that there is no god except He and that Muhammad - peace be upon him and his progeny - has been chosen by Him and deputised by Him -evidence tendered both secretly and openly, by heart and by tongue.

A part of the same sermon

By Allah, certainly it is reality not fun, truth not falsehood. It is none else than death. Its caller is making himself heard and its dragsman is making haste. The majority of the people should not deceive you. You have seen those who lived before you, amassed wealth, feared poverty and felt safe from its (evil) consequences, the longevity of desires and the (apparent) distance from death. How, then, death overtook them, turned them out of their homelands and took them out of their places of safety. They were borne on coffins, people were busy about them one after another, carrying them on their shoulders and supporting them with their hands.

Did you not witness those who engaged in long-reaching desires, built strong buildings, amassed much wealth but their houses turned to graves and their collections turned into ruin. Their property devolved on the successors and their spouses on those who came after them. They cannot (now) add to their good acts nor invoke (Allah's) mercy in respect of evil acts. Therefore, whoever makes his heart habituated to fear Allah achieves a forward position and his action is successful. Prepare yourself for it and do all that you can for Paradise. Certainly this world has not been made a place of permanent stay for you. But it has been created as a pathway in order that you may take from it the provisions of your (good) actions for the permanent house (in Paradise). Be ready for departure from here and keep close your riding animals for setting off.

http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/Nahjul-Balagha-Sermons/nahjul-balagha-sermon-131.html
Another sermon found in Najhul Balagha, with chains in Al Kafi, as well as these sources Al-Wasiti, `Uyun al-hikam, see al-Majlisi, Bihar, vol. 77, 307; (2) al-Saduq, al-Khisal, II, 163; (3) al-Zamakhshari, Rabi`, I, 162; (4) Ibn al-'Athir, al-Nihayah, III, 282 (`a.q.l.).

This sermon is absolutely sublime and if one performed an analysis of it, you would obtain jewels and jewels of wisdom. After all , this was indeed a student of Muhammed pbuh, and the closest to him, brought up by him, what else can be expected?

Imam Ali a.s:

H 349, Ch. 22, h 4

"Once Imam Amirul Mu’minin addressed the people in the Mosque of Kufa from the pulpitand a man called dhi‘lab a very good orator and brave in heart said, "O Amirul Mu’minin,have you seen your Lord?"

The Imam replied, "Fie upon you O Dhi‘lab, how would I worshipa Lord whom I would not see?"

The man said, "O Amirul Mu’minin how have you seenHim?"

The Imam said, "Fie up on you O Dhi‘lab, the eyes are not able to see Him physically but it is the hearts that see Him through the truth of the faith.

O Dhi‘lab, my Lord is subtle in subtleties but can not be described by means of subtle matters. My Lord is great but can not be described by means of greatness. His greatness surpasses all greatness but he can not be described by means of such greatness. He is Glorious in His Glory but He can not be described in terms of thickness. He is before everything and it can not be said that something was before Him. He will be after all things but it can not be said that there is something after Him.

He willed the existence of things but not by means of first thinking about it. He comprehends things but not with a great deal of efforts. Things are not mixed with Him andnor is He indifferent about them. He is clearly manifest but not with contacts and changes. He shines but not in the form of being found out with eye sight. He is far but not in the form of distance. He is near but not in the form of nearness. He is very fine but not in the form of physical fineness. He exists but not after nothingness.

He acts but not because of being forced. He measures things but not by means of movement. He wills but not by means of thinking. He hears but not with tools. He sees but not with instruments. He is not contained in place and held up in times. Attributes do not limit Him and slumber does not seize Him. His Being was before the time and His existence was before nothingness. He was before eternity.His giving the sense awareness prove that He does not have the tools for sensing. His giving substance to the substances is proof that Himself is not a substance.
The existence of a contrary to everything is proof that there is nothing contrary to Him. His giving nearness to things is proof that there is nothing similar to Him. He has made the light contrary to the darkness, the wetness to the dryness, the harshness to the softness, the coldness to the heat.He combines their transgressing and separates their closeness. The separation among things is evidence of the existence of the One Who causes separation in them and their combinations is evidence of the existence of the One Who combines them.

It is jus as Allah has said, "We have created everything in pairs so that perhaps you may take heed (51:49)." He has made a distinction between the before and after to show that there is no before and after for Him. The instincts show that the One who created the instincts Himself has no instinct. The time is evidence that there is no timing for the One Who made the time. Things are hidden from each other are evidence that nothing hides them from their Creator. He was the Lord when there was nothing to enjoy His Lordship. He was to be worshipped when there was no worshipper.He had the knowledge when there was nothing to know. He was hearing when there was nothing to hear."

To those who wish to watch:

[video="youtube;U9yohZWBDwI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9yohZWBDwI[/video]

(edited 9 years ago)
The following Quranic verse (4:135) is on the entrance wall to the Faculty of Law (Law School) of Harvard:

"O ye who believe!
Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses
To Allah, even as against Yourselves, or your parents,
Or your kin, and whether
It be (against) rich or poor:
For Allah can best protect both."

http://library.law.harvard.edu/justicequotes/explore-the-room/west/
Original post by Ankabout
The following Quranic verse (4:135) is on the entrance wall to the Faculty of Law (Law School) of Harvard:

"O ye who believe!
Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses
To Allah, even as against Yourselves, or your parents,
Or your kin, and whether
It be (against) rich or poor:
For Allah can best protect both."

http://library.law.harvard.edu/justicequotes/explore-the-room/west/

Ahsant! SubhanAllah!
Original post by Tawheed
So what if mankind were overtaken by the Nazi's , corruption ensued. Would society then have to bend with the whims of temporary morality, even if it be by a dictator?

Islamic morals are timeless. They do not change nor fluctuate.

Funny how he skipped the first part of your post lol.
lol. let it be.
Original post by Inve
Peace be upon you all. Could you elaborate the meaning here for me, Ideas? Is Muhammad saying that it is better to take your own skills and hard working ethic to create income for yourself (self-employed) rather than rely on being merely an employee with little control?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Peace be upon you too. Yh sure, no not that. What the hadith is saying is that it is better for a person to work for their income rather than ask others for money, even if it means that you become a mere wood chopper.

Here's part of fatwa which explains it:

It is not permissible for anyone to ask people for money when he is not in need or he is able to earn a living. There are certain categories for whom it is permissible to ask of people. They are: the poor person who is destitute, the man who owes a debt, and the one who has been stricken by financial calamity and lost all his wealth. In these cases it is not permissible to ask for more than one needs, on condition that he does not have enough to meet his needs and is not able to earn enough for his livelihood.
Some of the US's misdeeds in Iraq:

Toxic legacy of US assault on Fallujah 'worse than Hiroshima'

Dramatic increases in infant mortality, cancer and leukaemia in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, which was bombarded by US Marines in 2004, exceed those reported by survivors of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, according to a new study.

Iraqi doctors in Fallujah have complained since 2005 of being overwhelmed by the number of babies with serious birth defects, ranging from a girl born with two heads to paralysis of the lower limbs. They said they were also seeing far more cancers than they did before the battle for Fallujah between US troops and insurgents.

Their claims have been supported by a survey showing a four-fold increase in all cancers and a 12-fold increase in childhood cancer in under-14s. Infant mortality in the city is more than four times higher than in neighbouring Jordan and eight times higher than in Kuwait.

Dr Chris Busby, a visiting professor at the University of Ulster and one of the authors of the survey of 4,800 individuals in Fallujah, said it is difficult to pin down the exact cause of the cancers and birth defects. He added that "to produce an effect like this, some very major mutagenic exposure must have occurred in 2004 when the attacks happened".

US Marines first besieged and bombarded Fallujah, 30 miles west of Baghdad, in April 2004 after four employees of the American security company Blackwater were killed and their bodies burned. After an eight-month stand-off, the Marines stormed the city in November using artillery and aerial bombing against rebel positions. US forces later admitted that they had employed white phosphorus as well as other munitions.

In the assault US commanders largely treated Fallujah as a free-fire zone to try to reduce casualties among their own troops. British officers were appalled by the lack of concern for civilian casualties. "During preparatory operations in the November 2004 Fallujah clearance operation, on one night over 40 155mm artillery rounds were fired into a small sector of the city," recalled Brigadier Nigel Aylwin-Foster, a British commander serving with the American forces in Baghdad.

Such the lovely liberators fighting for peace and justice aren't they? Read full article - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/toxic-legacy-of-us-assault-on-fallujah-worse-than-hiroshima-2034065.html .
عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ‏:‏ مَنْ أَكَلَ بِمُسْلِمٍ أُكْلَةً، فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ يُطْعِمُهُ مِثْلَهَا مِنْ جَهَنَّمَ، وَمَنْ كُسِيَ بِرَجُلٍ مُسْلِمٍ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ يَكْسُوهُ مِنْ جَهَنَّمَ، وَمَنْ قَامَ بِرَجُلٍ مَقَامَ رِيَاءٍ وَسُمْعَةٍ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ يَقُومُ بِهِ مَقَامَ رِيَاءٍ وَسُمْعَةٍ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ

The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If anyone eats a meal at the expense of a Muslim's honour, Allah will feed him a like amount of Hellfire. If anyone clothes himself with a garment at the expense of a Muslim's honour, Allah will clothe him with a like amount of Hellfire. If anyone achieves a position of showing-off and hypocrisy at the expense of a Muslim's honour, Allah will put him in a position of showing-off and hypocrisy on the Day of Rising.

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 240 - Authentic

Imam Bukhari Records in the chapter:

يُعْطَى الثَّمَرَةَ أَصْغَرُ مَنْ حَضَرَ مِنَ الْوِلْدَانِ
Fruits are given to the youngest of children

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ‏:‏ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِذَا أُتِيَ بِالزَّهْوِ قَالَ‏:‏ اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِي مَدِينَتِنَا وَمُدِّنَا، وَصَاعِنَا، بَرَكَةً مَعَ بَرَكَةٍ، ثُمَّ نَاوَلَهُ أَصْغَرَ مَنْ يَلِيهِ مِنَ الْوِلْدَانِ‏.‏

Abu Hurayra said, "When the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was brought new dates, he said, 'O Allah! Bless us in our city and in our mudd and sa', blessing upon blessing.' Then he would give one to the youngest of the children with him."

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 362 - Authentic
Original post by PopaPork
It's subjective

Take homosexuality once illegal but no more

as the quote I gave you states

“As the usages of society alter, the law must adapt itself to the various situations of mankind.”

but thanks for proving my point Sharia is not practices perfectly in any muslim country so it has already failed.

Dat logic tho :biggrin:
وَدُّوا لَوْ تَكْفُرُونَ كَمَا كَفَرُوا فَتَكُونُونَ سَوَاءً

They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

Pretty true.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

:yy:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Swear people treat the Banu Qurayza like cute innocent kittens on this forum lol.

Delusions
Original post by binarythoughts
Delusions

Of grandeur

Posted from TSR Mobile
People giving fiqh of marriage. Much knowledge. Much sheikh. Much google. Much Wow.

Aisha narrates:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) would call me to eat with him while I was menstruating. He would take a piece of bone on which some bits of meat were left and insist that I take it first, so I would nibble a little from it, then put it down. Then he would take it and nibble from it, and he would put his mouth where mine had been on the bone. Then he would ask for a drink and insist that I take it first before he drank from it. So I would take it and drink from it, then put it down, then he would take it and drink from it, putting his mouth where mine had been on the cup.'"

Sunan An-Nasa'i #280 & #377 - Authentic
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
With regard to his words i.e., the words of ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allah be pleased with him) in his will (in which he says of one who is weak in faith): “Doubt will take root in his heart when he encounters the slightest specious argument”, that is because of his lack of knowledge and insight. This is unlike the one who has deep knowledge; even if specious arguments come to him like the waves of the sea, they cannot affect his certain faith or instil any doubt in his mind, because he is well versed in knowledge, so specious arguments do not faze him. Rather, if they come to him, he wards them off by means of his knowledge, and the specious arguments will be utterly defeated and crushed. Doubts can enter a person’s mind and prevent him from seeing the truth, but once he acquires deep knowledge, those doubts will not have any impact on him; rather his knowledge and certain faith will increase by refuting it and finding out how false it is. But if he does not have deep knowledge, he will develop doubts the first time he encounters any specious argument. So he should deal with these doubts, otherwise they will accumulate in his heart until they become very strong and control his thoughts.

[Miftaah Dar as-Sa'aadah, 1/140]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kyoti
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
With regard to his words i.e., the words of ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allah be pleased with him) in his will (in which he says of one who is weak in faith): “Doubt will take root in his heart when he encounters the slightest specious argument”, that is because of his lack of knowledge and insight. This is unlike the one who has deep knowledge; even if specious arguments come to him like the waves of the sea, they cannot affect his certain faith or instil any doubt in his mind, because he is well versed in knowledge, so specious arguments do not faze him. Rather, if they come to him, he wards them off by means of his knowledge, and the specious arguments will be utterly defeated and crushed. Doubts can enter a person’s mind and prevent him from seeing the truth, but once he acquires deep knowledge, those doubts will not have any impact on him; rather his knowledge and certain faith will increase by refuting it and finding out how false it is. But if he does not have deep knowledge, he will develop doubts the first time he encounters any specious argument. So he should deal with these doubts, otherwise they will accumulate in his heart until they become very strong and control his thoughts.

[Miftaah Dar as-Sa'aadah, 1/140]

:hmmm:
Swear down adil posted this before :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending