The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by binarythoughts
Majority of the posts on here are copied and pasted

But they're Islamic or hadiths or stories or ayahs for the Quran. A section of UN report is nothing worth posting. Not that it is'nt important, but there's a time and place for everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Really good talk on Sleep Management.

[video="youtube;6upWZO7SiLs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6upWZO7SiLs[/video]

What's his main points? I can't be asked watching an hour long video lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
What's his main points? I can't be asked watching an hour long video lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. I havnt finished it yet either. :biggrin:

Will try n give a round up In Shaa Allah after its finished.

O Allah forgive us for our shortcomings and the mistakes we have made.

فَاعْلَمْ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لِذَنبِكَ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مُتَقَلَّبَكُمْ وَمَثْوَاكُمْ

So know that there is no deity except Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin and for the believing men and believing women. And Allah knows of your movement and your resting place.

[Quran 47:19]

فَاعْلَمْ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لِذَنبِكَ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مُتَقَلَّبَكُمْ وَمَثْوَاكُمْ

So know that there is no deity except Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin and for the believing men and believing women. And Allah knows of your movement and your resting place.

Lol JZK.
Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PPF
Salam Alaykum.

WaAlaykumAssalam
Does anyone know if Salatul Kusoof is obligatory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asalaamulaykum guys :biggrin:
Original post by Enginerd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not entirely sure.........different views. Not to mention the lack of information about whether any mosques are doing a congregation prayer.
The ones I definitely know are east London based and a few university isocs.

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/acts-of-worship/prayer/supererogatory-prayers/169765-solar-aamp-lunar-eclipses-a-muslim-perspective.html

http://islamqa.info/en/6111
Ooooooo Love this thread! Salams guys
Original post by PPF
Yeah you're right. He did claim to be a messenger and he was stabbed to death (though I think it was at his workplace). But putting all that aside, what about the things he used to say? Can we refute his claims? I mean even the likes of Dr Israr and Ahmed Deedat were impressed by his works..

I am just looking for the truth, and if there is a doubt in my mind, I want to clear it up with evidence.
Ok we accept that he was very wrong with regards to the claims of prophecy and that two verses weren't part of the Quran.
But what about his challenge on the whole concept of Hadith?

Yes they can be refuted,I've read the refutation in a book. Ask TMG for the name since I haven't got the book on me atm.

I like this gif.

[video="youtube;SQVxzkbeJp0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVxzkbeJp0[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife

Original post by humzzay
Ooooooo Love this thread! Salams guys ������

Wa'alaykumussalaam welcome to the Islamic Society!
Original post by FreedomCostsTax

Even the Qur'anists themselves make takfir on him and declare him a kafir because he rejects two ayat from the Qur'an. When a kafir calls you a kafir, you need to wake up a smell the coffee.

an now you makin takfir on quranists bro? lol
Original post by Enginerd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the following hadiths. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) offered the eclipse prayer:

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's death or life (i.e. birth), but they are two signs amongst the Signs of Allah. So, if you see them (i.e. eclipse) offer the (eclipse) prayer.

[Sahih Bukhari 3201]

Narrated `Aisha:

On the day of a solar eclipse, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) stood up (to offer the eclipse prayer). He recited Takbir, recited a long recitation (of Holy Verses), bowed a long bowing, and then he raised h is head saying. "Allah hears him who sends his praises to Him." Then he stayed standing, recited a long recitation again, but shorter than the former, bowed a long bowing, but shorter than the first, performed a long prostration and then performed the second rak`a in the same way as he had done the first. By the time he had finished his prayer with Taslim, the solar eclipse had been over. Then he addressed the people referring to the solar and lunar eclipses saying, "These are two signs amongst the Signs of Allah, and they do not eclipse because of anyone's death or life. So, if you see them, hasten for the Prayer."

[Sahih Bukhari 3203]

Narrated Abu Mas`ud:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "the sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death or life of someone, but they are two signs amongst the Signs of Allah. So, if you see them, offer the Prayer (of eclipse).

[Sahih Bukhari 3204]

(edited 9 years ago)

Walaikum assalam. :awesome:
Another day spent with my muslim friend, another day the compassion of Islam is shown to me through the actions of muslims.

WaAlaykumAssalam
I like this gif.

lol bro

i hope that doesnt happen to me one day
The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam (may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him), said, "Taqwa is here," and he pointed to his chest. [Muslim (16/120, 121) in al-Birr, at-Tirmidhi (8/115) in al-Birr and Ahmad (2/277)]

'Umar ibn 'Abdul-'Aziz, rahimahullah (may Allah have mercy upon him), used to say, "None can reach the station of taqwa until he possesses neither action nor words that can be exposed to his embarrassment either in this world or the Hereafter." He was once asked, "When does the worshipper reach the peak of taqwa?" He replied, "If he put all his thoughts and desires in his heart on a plate and then wandered around in the market, he should not feel ashamed of anything there." He would frequently say, "The sign of muttaqi (pious person) is to bridle oneself from speaking just like one in ihram bridles himself from speaking.

Abu Darda, radiallahu 'anhu (may Allah be pleased with him), said, "From the completion of taqwa is that the slaves fears from his Lord even with regards to things the weight of an atom."

Abu Hurayrah, radiallahu 'anhu, was asked about taqwa. He said, "It is a road full of thorns. One who walks it needs to have extreme patience."

Sufyan ath-Thawri rahimahullah said, "We met a people who loved it when it was said to them - Fear Allah the Most High. Today you find that people only become annoyed at this."

A person asked Fudhayl ibn 'Iyad rahimahullah, "Which country would you like me to live in?" Fudhayl replied, "There is no connection between you and any nation. The best country for you is the country which helps you to acquire taqwa."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by humzzay
Ooooooo Love this thread! Salams guys ������

WaAlaykumAssalam and welcome to ISOC.

Latest

Trending

Trending