The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lou 22
Like I am faking happiness, I have my week in Cardiff Bay booked for me and my moms brief get away, looks like my mom will be going by herself :frown:.

i know life feels **** now but it will get better, trust me. :smile:
I'm feeling tired and s***

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2642
Original post by chelseafreak
i know life feels **** now but it will get better, trust me. :smile:

I always bounce back, this time is going to take a bit longer though :frown: but thanks Mr Freak lol. I feel super terrible though my meds have made me ill, I have too much stress going on, once I am out of here on a break away I go it by myself for about four days to clear my head, why is it that things are more expensive as an lone traveller? :frown:
Original post by lou 22
True Mr Man, but I think it is because I am in hospital that I can not focus on much other than my pain and lack of effective meds and how I still love the guy :frown: never felt so strongly about anyone but as I told him can not force him to like me I would love to know what I did wrong.

But I only have two close friends so a tiny social group, working on improving that.

Thanks though for being understanding

Okay I can't really help with the medical side of things but the relationship side of things I have some experience. I know exactly how it feels to feel so strongly about someone that is just not interested any more without good reason, no matter how much I tried to get to the bottom of things nothing made sense. Not only this, but I was so distraught by the whole situation that logic failed me and I came to random conclusions from almost nothing because my mind was so frantically trying to come to terms with what had happened to me and why. Does this sound at all familiar?

If so then I really suggest you try to take up some kind of a hobby, something you can do while in hospital. Maybe something like playing chess? Perhaps it's just me but I can get totally absorbed into a game to the extent that nothing else matters and I'm not even a good player.

If you don't try to take your mind off things then you won't get anywhere. I know people are offering various suggestions for PM conversations and whatnot but I'm not sure that talking extensively about this is going to help you right at this minute. Keeping your mind on this situation will not necessarily help you recover if you are replaying the same memories in your head over and over and trying to make sense of them.

Personally, my diagnosis is a tub of Haagen Dazs and a good film.
Original post by Maid Marian
HAPPY COS TC :biggrin:
It's been so long and I finally have company :moon:

TC= Tactical Chunder? :eyebrow:
Reply 2645
Original post by Manitude
Okay I can't really help with the medical side of things but the relationship side of things I have some experience. I know exactly how it feels to feel so strongly about someone that is just not interested any more without good reason, no matter how much I tried to get to the bottom of things nothing made sense. Not only this, but I was so distraught by the whole situation that logic failed me and I came to random conclusions from almost nothing because my mind was so frantically trying to come to terms with what had happened to me and why. Does this sound at all familiar?

If so then I really suggest you try to take up some kind of a hobby, something you can do while in hospital. Maybe something like playing chess? Perhaps it's just me but I can get totally absorbed into a game to the extent that nothing else matters and I'm not even a good player.

If you don't try to take your mind off things then you won't get anywhere. I know people are offering various suggestions for PM conversations and whatnot but I'm not sure that talking extensively about this is going to help you right at this minute. Keeping your mind on this situation will not necessarily help you recover if you are replaying the same memories in your head over and over and trying to make sense of them.

Personally, my diagnosis is a tub of Haagen Dazs and a good film.

Thanks dude, it is just odd as he made it clear that he is/was interested and had strong feelings also but now has just blown a load of cold air around xD, but I am just going to focus on getting better and getting out of here. I haven't thought about the situation as much as at times it has made my pain increase xD and I don't need that, but I so want a tub asap that's what I am going to get my bestie to get for me, I need to book my days away so I have something to look forward too :smile:.

I am focusing on my wordseach now though :smile:.

Okay Mr Man your personal opinion/what would you do?, as a man, if you knew a girl was going through what I am going through or similar and you and said girl shared many of same views and values and the girl said you are a likeable guy but maybe in time we can meet up and see how it goes from there, how would you take that?
Original post by lou 22
Thanks dude, it is just odd as he made it clear that he is/was interested and had strong feelings also but now has just blown a load of cold air around xD, but I am just going to focus on getting better and getting out of here. I haven't thought about the situation as much as at times it has made my pain increase xD and I don't need that, but I so want a tub asap that's what I am going to get my bestie to get for me, I need to book my days away so I have something to look forward too :smile:.

I am focusing on my wordseach now though :smile:.

Okay Mr Man your personal opinion/what would you do?, as a man, if you knew a girl was going through what I am going through or similar and you and said girl shared many of same views and values and the girl said you are a likeable guy but maybe in time we can meet up and see how it goes from there, how would you take that?

I hope you managed to get the ice cream in the end :smile:

If this were to happen to me then I'd probably go with it and see how things go - I'm usually up for getting to know new people and if we were to click then that's obviously an added bonus. Similarly, if I knew they were going through a rough patch then it wouldn't be in my nature to give someone the cold shoulder when I could be helping them get through things. Provided all parties are honest about their intentions/feelings from the outset I think it's hard to hurt someone too badly if things didn't work out.
Reply 2647
Back :smile:
Original post by lou 22

Everything ok now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2649
Original post by Quiet _One86
Everything ok now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah how are you hun?
Original post by lou 22
Yeah how are you hun?

Follow up on Skype when you're next on if that's ok :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lou 22

Hi Lou :smile: How are you?

(Sorry that I didn't reply to your VM).
Demotivated :yawn:
Reply 2653
Original post by Quiet _One86
Follow up on Skype when you're next on if that's ok :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

May be a wee while hun but hopefully soon long story will tell you on skype :wink: will still type here though, how did your technology break go?
Absolutely horrendous.
Reply 2655
Original post by SassKing13
Hi Lou :smile: How are you?

(Sorry that I didn't reply to your VM).

Hey Vicey, I am alright thank you, how about you?

Dont worry about it :wink:.
Reply 2656
Original post by itssimplyme
Demotivated :yawn:

Whats up hun? What needs doing?
Reply 2657
Original post by mrstudenttsr
Absolutely horrendous.

Why MrTSR?
Original post by lou 22
Hey Vicey, I am alright thank you, how about you?

Dont worry about it :wink:.

I'm good thank you :smile:
Original post by lou 22
Whats up hun? What needs doing?

Well I've got a load of revision to work my way through during the next few weeks, yet I can't seem to get myself to do anything :sad:. Despite opting to use the first week of my break to catch up on sleep, there's just no motivation to do anything, feel so discouraged and just blaaah.

I hope things are okay with you though! :h:

Latest