The Student Room Group

What is a competitive CBAT score?

I am going for ABM and scored 115 out of 180. The pass mark was 100.

Is this a competitive score going forward to OASC?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I went through they included a 'competitive' score on the front of the results sheet. Whether it's competitive compared to the rest of the people going through selection, I wouldn't get too hung up on it. You can only do what you can do. Work hard, learn what you need to know, show that to the boarding officers.

The rest is just speculation. They include pass marks for a reason remember, and you're 15 points clear. Don't worry about it.
Reply 2
Nobody can tell you, it all depends on the scores of the other people going through. At one time that score wouldn't have been, at another it will. No way of saying definitively.
Reply 3
I think it depends on what branch you applied for as well. For instance, the pass for SNCO ATC was 80 yet the pass for WSOP is 100. Not every section of the test you do counts towards each branch (I"m presuming this looking at the feedback sheet), only the ones that are relevant so you could probably only compare scores against your particular branch.

I'm like you though, I have so much interest in how they calculate the scores. I was convinced that I had failed my aptitude (literally, I would have put my house on it), so was unbelievably surprised to see that I'd passed with a good score.

Anderson134353, when did you attend C-BAT Assessment? Well done on the pass.
Thank you all for you replies.

Original post by Kop1
I think it depends on what branch you applied for as well. For instance, the pass for SNCO ATC was 80 yet the pass for WSOP is 100. Not every section of the test you do counts towards each branch (I"m presuming this looking at the feedback sheet), only the ones that are relevant so you could probably only compare scores against your particular branch.

I'm like you though, I have so much interest in how they calculate the scores. I was convinced that I had failed my aptitude (literally, I would have put my house on it), so was unbelievably surprised to see that I'd passed with a good score.

Anderson134353, when did you attend C-BAT Assessment? Well done on the pass.

I attended last Monday. Have you sat the CBAT recently?

I've read at other forums that people have gone to OASC with 140 marks for ABM. So slightly disheartened but I will try and get a good result at OASC.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi

Yes I was at Cranwell on the same 2 days! How cold was it?!! I hope they have fixed the heating for the future recruits.

If you were in the bar area on the Sunday I was one of the guys playing pool (the older looking one).

Are you going to stick with ABM?
Original post by Kop1
Hi

Yes I was at Cranwell on the same 2 days! How cold was it?!! I hope they have fixed the heating for the future recruits.

If you were in the bar area on the Sunday I was one of the guys playing pool (the older looking one).

Are you going to stick with ABM?

Yeah I was at the bar! Hope they fixed the showers, some said they had it cold on purpose!

How did you do? I think I will stick with ABM.
Reply 7
There's always going to be someone with a higher CBAT score than you. However, the process takes into account all three stages and is scored accordingly. That guy with a really high CBAT might crash and burn OASC. Or he might smash both and get a spot.

All you can do as a candidate is learn as much as you can, and try as hard as you can. The rest is up to the boarding officers.
Reply 8
Original post by Anderson134353
Yeah I was at the bar! Hope they fixed the showers, some said they had it cold on purpose!

How did you do? I think I will stick with ABM.

I scored 129 on ATCO & 159 for WSOP. However, I've just spoken with AFCO who have advised me that a letter is in the post that's medical related and they can't speak to me until I've received it and called them back. So, I'm literally in limbo.

My filter interview has already been booked for next month... hopefully I'll be at it - I was advised that the letter was sent out 2nd class today so I'm probably not going to get it until the weekend! Feel sick at the thought :bawling:
Reply 9

I passed ATC SNCO with 120 and WSOP with 108. I've read at other forums that people have gone to OASC with 140 marks for ABM. So slightly disheartened but I will try and get a good result at OASC.

What people have done in the past is irrelevant.

For one, the tests have changed. For two, the recruiting landscape has changed.
Original post by Kop1
I scored 129 on ATCO & 159 for WSOP. However, I've just spoken with AFCO who have advised me that a letter is in the post that's medical related and they can't speak to me until I've received it and called them back. So, I'm literally in limbo.

My filter interview has already been booked for next month... hopefully I'll be at it - I was advised that the letter was sent out 2nd class today so I'm probably not going to get it until the weekend! Feel sick at the thought :bawling:

Congratulations! I hope the filter goes well.
Hi Kop1,
I was on the same CBAT...those rooms were bloody freezing! all great fun though. I failed for RPAS Pilot sadly, however I'm sticking to my guns on getting my foot in the door and I'm going again in a few weeks time for WSOP. I have one question, can you remember if you had the SDT tests? as my mate from college has said that he didnt get any SDT questions.
Thanks in advance and good luck for the future!
Going again in a few weeks, do you not have to wait a year to resit or did you pass for WSOp?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CrimsonFists
Hi Kop1,
I was on the same CBAT...those rooms were bloody freezing! all great fun though. I failed for RPAS Pilot sadly, however I'm sticking to my guns on getting my foot in the door and I'm going again in a few weeks time for WSOP. I have one question, can you remember if you had the SDT tests? as my mate from college has said that he didnt get any SDT questions.
Thanks in advance and good luck for the future!

I sat board B which holds the tests for WSOP, there was not any SDT tests although I would still prepare.
Original post by jebbadiah
Going again in a few weeks, do you not have to wait a year to resit or did you pass for WSOp?

Board A: Pilot, RPAS, ABM, ATCO
Board B: Int, WSOP, ATC SNCO

Both Boards have the majority of the same tests. I failed for Intelligence but due to my score in ATC SNCO they allowed me to go back up a month later and sit the small number of tests in Board A that I had not completed for ABM.
I sat board B which holds the tests for WSOP, there was not any SDT tests although I would still prepare.

I see, much appreciated! just wondering about the differences between board A and board B
I failed for ABM in August, now I'm just wondering if I'd be able to resit sooner than a year for WSOp or would it depend on what scores I got.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I failed for ABM in August, now I'm just wondering if I'd be able to resit sooner than a year for WSOp or would it depend on what scores I got.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can resit as soon as possible, I essentially got called by the AFCO and I asked if I could take the WSOP test as its a different board so I dont have to wait a year.
I just rang the AFCO and they said cause I went for ABM I'd still have to wait a year to resit for WSOp.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just rang the AFCO and they said cause I went for ABM I'd still have to wait a year to resit for WSOp.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres your answer, at least you know for sure!:smile: Apologies, see I thought that ABM was covered by a different test, so you could go for WSOP. May I ask what part brought your score down if you remember?

Quick Reply

Latest