The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnekaChan173
A2Bio, Chem and Maths. Bricking it because I know nothing at this point. You?

I do AS chemistry, bio, maths and psychology, I'm also quite scared, especially for chemistry since I failed my mock

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by nurav11
Ouchh unlucky... Well best of luck for it all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by bubblegumcat
I do AS chemistry, bio, maths and psychology, I'm also quite scared, especially for chemistry since I failed my mock

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay, you can do it! Just put that extra time in :smile:
It's okay, you can do it! Just put that extra time in :smile:
thank you :smile: and good luck with you exams, i'm sure you'll be ok :smile: what do you plan on doing afterwards?
thank you :smile: and good luck with you exams, i'm sure you'll be ok :smile: what do you plan on doing afterwards?

Thanks! Sleeping? And watching a whole list of dramas and TV shows (I'm taking a gap year) should be fun.
I'm not sure, thinking about 3-4 hours per day.

I do English Lit, History and Maths, so it should be manageable, maybe I need to put in some more on particular days.

I agree with the previously established concept of revising by deciding on what is to be achieved within the revision session, rather than simply attempting to fill a particularly stretch of time.

Maths is the hardest for me, but I really need at least one A grade in order to attend my University of choice, at least, that is what I have been told.

My problem is that I lack the concentration necessary to study for long periods of time, I turn to forum boards such as Reddit (and even TSR itself can be viewed as a means to procrastinate), rather than simply buckling down and performing maths questions.

Does anyone perhaps have any tips that I can use to retain my focus for extended periods of time? They would be much appreciated.
Thanks! Sleeping? And watching a whole list of dramas and TV shows (I'm taking a gap year) should be fun.

sounds funs haha :smile:
About 5_6 hrs per day. This includes making notes, revising old notes and lots of past papers.
I get distracted as well, still prefer typing over writing though haha. what exams are you revising for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I type my notes for sociology and for History I write my notes out! Otherwise my hand would die lol. For business I am just concentrating in getting coursework done then will write out notes
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I type my notes for sociology and for History I write my notes out! Otherwise my hand would die lol. For business I am just concentrating in getting coursework done then will write out notes

ahh i see, i've tried writing out notes but i end up typing the rest of it lol
I get distracted as well, still prefer typing over writing though haha. what exams are you revising for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the process of typing notes according to the specification and then I'm going to make mind maps from them etc!! Wish I did this earlier though
Get up at 5:20am, aim to finish revision by 8:30pm. Overall I take 3hrs of breaks thought the day so I'm studying for 12hrs a day. Been revising since November trying to do at least 3hrs a day on school days in between homework and 10-12hrs at the weekend. Put in 12hrs of revision a day during the October half term, Christmas (except Christmas day) and the February half term before mocks. Yeah I've pretty much had no life this year.... And I'm exhausted but it's so almost over!!!!
Gonna start Monday.

Gonna do an hour a day for the week, quite excited to start.

Then start again in half term before exams :biggrin:
Original post by Izzyd07
Get up at 5:20am, aim to finish revision by 8:30pm. Overall I take 3hrs of breaks thought the day so I'm studying for 12hrs a day. Been revising since November trying to do at least 3hrs a day on school days in between homework and 10-12hrs at the weekend. Put in 12hrs of revision a day during the October half term, Christmas (except Christmas day) and the February half term before mocks. Yeah I've pretty much had no life this year.... And I'm exhausted but it's so almost over!!!!

Thats so much! :smile:

What did you get in mocks?
Original post by Izzyd07

Oh my days that cannot be real! :eek: what even is there to revise for that long? Do you just reread the same thing for like 5 hours or something?
Reply 155
Original post by Izzyd07

Wow how do you stay so motivated?:confused:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Gonna start Monday.

Gonna do an hour a day for the week, quite excited to start.

Then start again in half term before exams :biggrin:

Original post by Izzyd07

Eeeerrrmm...
Juxtaposition?
Original post by lyricalvibe
Eeeerrrmm...
Juxtaposition?

Oh, wow. :lolwut::rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starting monday to saturday. I can never concentrate for long periods.
Original post by scrawlx101
you doing victorian lit?

Nope, I'm doing Stuart a life backwards and Once in a a house on fire

Latest