The Student Room Group

When to start 'hardcore' revision for AS Levels

I am on track to finishing all my revision notes by the end of the Easter holidays. I haven't started any 'hardcore' revision yet (going through and remembering every detail). Should I start as soon as I return to school on the 14th of April? I am also wondering if I am behind on revision. When did/are you starting 'hardcore revision'?
BTW my first exam is on the 11th and yes, i am stressing out because i feel behind! :frown:
you're going to fail
Original post by danbomb123
you're going to fail

explain why you think that...
Reply 3
KSI!!!!
Just eat chicken and you will wing it in the exams:tongue:

Seriously
Just start doing one to two past papers per day and you should be fine
Don't stress out
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
KSI!!!!
Just eat chicken and you will wing it in the exams:tongue:

Seriously
Just start doing one to two past papers per day and you should be fine
Don't stress out
Posted from TSR Mobile

Am i really behind on revision? I'm basically going to have 4 weeks of intense revision and I will have all my notes done by the end of easter
Original post by KSIOlajideBT
I am on track to finishing all my revision notes by the end of the Easter holidays. I haven't started any 'hardcore' revision yet (going through and remembering every detail). Should I start as soon as I return to school on the 14th of April? I am also wondering if I am behind on revision. When did/are you starting 'hardcore revision'?
BTW my first exam is on the 11th and yes, i am stressing out because i feel behind! :frown:

Now. Time to start heading to the library.:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Am i really behind on revision? I'm basically going to have 4 weeks of intense revision and I will have all my notes done by the end of easter

If your revision consists of past papers you should be aright as long as you go over topics you get wrong:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll be fine, don't worry I have 5 As's and I am aiming for 5 A grades :biggrin:. Just prove to all the others who said you will not make it... There's still time and you're not alone in that boat :wink::smile:
Original post by PerplexedBird
You'll be fine, don't worry I have 5 As's and I am aiming for 5 A grades :biggrin:. Just prove to all the others who said you will not make it... There's still time and you're not alone in that boat :wink::smile:

Well done on the 5As! How much revision/past papers do you think i should do per day considering I will also be revising during class.
Lol, I didn't get them yet, *fingers crossed*:biggrin:. I don't think that it is much about the hours, i'ts about the content. So instead of saying I'm going to do 7 hours each day, look at your specification, which tells you what you need to know for each exam and count how many things you have to do.

Then get a calculator and do: the amount of things you have on the specification / the amount of time you have until the exam.

This will tell you how much content (from the specification) you need to cover each day (bullet points). Then do that for all subjects and write it on a post it note. Stick it on your wall and revise. That's it.

Don't leave stuff behind, it builds up and before you know it, you have to create another one, but the bad thing is, you have less time to do them. And you are more stressed obviously. :biggrin:

Also, try to do the past papers- only the questions with the content you have covered so far.

So that's it from me! :biggrin: Good luck!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
You can ace any module after 1 week of hardcore revision. So assuming 3 Alevels with 2 modules each, within 6 weeks you can get AAA easily. Start on Monday.
Reply 11

I'm in the same situation:s-smilie:, my aim is to finish all my revision notes for AS by Easter holidays. And personally I work best under pressure and do my hardcore revision, my first exam is on the 12th then another on the 13th then two on the 14th etc. I haven't really done much in these holidays.. you will have to start hardcore revision as soon as the holidays finished but it would be good to start now. :smile:
Original post by J_1234
I'm in the same situation:s-smilie:, my aim is to finish all my revision notes for AS by Easter holidays. And personally I work best under pressure and do my hardcore revision, my first exam is on the 12th then another on the 13th then two on the 14th etc. I haven't really done much in these holidays.. you will have to start hardcore revision as soon as the holidays finished but it would be good to start now. :smile:

Ok thanks! We're not that behind are we?
Reply 13
Ok thanks! We're not that behind are we?

Lol nope we can still do it if we start revising hardcore now or after Easter holidays! But just make sure you go over brief notes for each subject so that you remind yourself and don't forget :smile:
When to start hard core revision depends on the person and how they fell they are coping in their subject.

I personally feel that making notes and flash cards at the beginning of the year prepare you for hardcore revision because they will make your revision so much easier and by then(after reading notes/flashcards) you could move on to past papers.

Unfortunately, it is a bit late for flash cards(lol why did i bring that up)

Anyway, you are not alone, literally everyone, well the majority are in thye same boat as you.

All in all, you should be focusing on past papers now.
Original post by German123
When to start hard core revision depends on the person and how they fell they are coping in their subject.

I personally feel that making notes and flash cards at the beginning of the year prepare you for hardcore revision because they will make your revision so much easier and by then(after reading notes/flashcards) you could move on to past papers.

Unfortunately, it is a bit late for flash cards(lol why did i bring that up)

Anyway, you are not alone, literally everyone, well the majority are in thye same boat as you.

All in all, you should be focusing on past papers now.

Why is it too late for flash cards? People can make flash cards and use them! It doesn't matter when they use them! Saying it is late for flash cards is wrong! I am going to prepare mine soon and use them for key terms in health and social care!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stimpy27
Why is it too late for flash cards? People can make flash cards and use them! It doesn't matter when they use them! Saying it is late for flash cards is wrong! I am going to prepare mine soon and use them for key terms in health and social care!

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool.

Quick Reply

Latest