The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OpinionsForLife
And what food was there? :hmmm:

I might go next time if there is chicken tikka and biryani and chicken samosas and lamb chop :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop making me hungry man.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Stop making me hungry man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome back IdeasForLife.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Thanks, doing good alhamdulilah, wbu? :smile:

that's awesome doing good too alhamdulillah
And what food was there? :hmmm:I might go next time if there is chicken tikka and biryani and chicken samosas and lamb chop :yes:Posted from TSR Mobile

OpinionsForLife :rofl: next one.. ThoughtsForLife :yes:
Original post by Ruh
Broski, rather than trying to take sarcastic digs at people or the society, maybe you can join in and help increase our imaan? I'm sure you could benefit since you are such an avid student of Islam :tongue:

well, I most surely benefited by debate and discussion on this forum. Discussing with people who think differently from you stimulates further research, takes you out of your comfort zone and gives you a wider outlook on issues.

There is nothing worse than congregating only with like-minded people. Unanimity and general agreement are the end of intellectual advancement and, in general, just the birth of a new orthodoxy.

Best
Bro, how was the talk with abdur raheem green

What did you learn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah It went good alhamdulillah.

TBH I didn't catch much of it. I was to busy signing people in at reception desk and ensuring the event was running smoothly - As I was there as a volunteer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kyoti
AssalaamuAlaikum bro good to see you back haven't seen you here for quite a while.

Waalaykumassalam bro. I was busy with uni work for like the last week but now I'm free. Thanks and good to see you too. :smile:
[Saw this thought I'd share- Masha'Allah]

If you love the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) then you should call to what he called to. The 'Who do you love?' campaign is a perfect opportunity to tell people about Islam and the life of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Register for the campaign on www.MissionDawah.com

Please watch and share this video and spread the word about this fantastic campaign.

[video]https://fbcdn-video-n-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xpf1/v/t43.1792-2/11027055_963758753635478_8142301 73_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6InBsZWFzYW5 0dmlsbGVfYmFzaWNfZXhwZXJpbWVudF9 pdGVyYXRpb24yLHBsZWFzYW50dmlsbGU iLCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6ImxlZ2FjeV9 oZCJ9&oh=2946285fe3b4177fff6c192 450f4471f&oe=55295620&__gda__=14 28774906_aaa1bc5c2a3f722658d2438 d21b438e4[/video]

Salaam guys. Could you do dua for my Dad. Hes in Hospital again. Jzk khayr. May Allah bless you all.
[video="youtube;1rZ-j_xfTwo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZ-j_xfTwo[/video]
Original post by R£SP£CT
Salaam guys. Could you do dua for my Dad. Hes in Hospital again. Jzk khayr. May Allah bless you all.

Waalaykumassalam bro. May Allah give your father the best of health. :smile:
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Pardon and overlook. Would you not like that Allah should forgive you?

-Quran

Posted from TSR Mobile

Salam alaikum WaRahmatullah,

Have you seen ep #29 of usool a thalatha by Ahmad Jibril?

Posted from TSR Mobile
May Allah swt forgive him, and grant him good health. Ameen.
SubhanAllah. Sickness is so scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ibn Abbas May Allah be pleased with him, narrates that Rasullullah sallallahu alayhi wasalam said, "The one who has nothing of the Quran in his heart is liks a ruined (as in abandoned, deserted, isolated, dark etc...) house."
Recorded in At Tirmidhee who classified it as Hassan-saheeh.

Found in the book: 'Etiquettes of the carriers of the Quran' by An-Nawawi May Allah be pleased with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by R£SP£CT

Wasalam. May Allah grant him a swift recovery.
Original post by R£SP£CT

Wa'alaykumasalaam, will do bro, may Allah give him good health :smile:
China jails scholar for 9 years for "refusing to cooperate" with authorities.

A court in northwestern China’s restive Xinjiang region has sentenced a prominent ethnic Uyghur Muslim religious scholar to nine years behind bars for “refusing to cooperate” with Chinese authorities, according to police and local officials.

According to reports on Uyghur social media, Qamber Amber was handed nine years in prison following a March 21 public trial at the Hanerik township high school in Hotan (in Chinese, Hetian) prefecture’s Hotan county.

Amber was among 17 people charged with “various crimes related to state security,” the reports said, without providing details of the verdicts for the other 16 defendants.

Chief of the Hanerik police station Abdugheni Zakir said Amber, who had been stripped of his role as imam of Hanerik Mosque in 2004 for using “ironic and critical terms” against state policy in his speeches, had been offered reinstatement last year, but refused the position.

“Last year, when the government began a campaign against religious extremism, the authorities gave him a chance to go back to the mosque as imam, but he rejected the offer because of health problems,” he told RFA’s Uyghur Service.

“Later, we found that he had been traveling everywhere in Hotan to participate in public events, including weddings and burial ceremonies, and he has never refused to preach in public if requested.”

Zakir said Amber had most recently given a speech at a Muslim marriage ceremony, despite restrictions on religious speeches without permits.

“Although he didn’t criticize state policy or instigate anything, his speech was not in line with what the government encourages,” he said.

When asked what law in the Chinese constitution Amber had broken, Zakir was unable to say.

“Of course, as in many cases, the charge doesn’t fit with the law, but it syncs very well with several key regulations about maintaining stability, issued by prefectural and regional authorities,” he said.

“There is a footnote to every law which [informs local authorities]: ‘You can implement this law as needed according to your specific situation.’ In our area, stability is the primary goal—that is how we are following the regulations and have not contradicted any law.”

http://www.rfa.org/english/news/uyghur/scholar-04082015120808.html
Original post by beautifulxxx
Salam alaikum WaRahmatullah,

Have you seen ep #29 of usool a thalatha by Ahmad Jibril?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa alaikumasalam,

Sadly not. Is it a much watch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maajid Nawaaz got exposed, reaction is pretty funny.

Just noticed "muslim patrol retweeted" lols
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Wa alaikumasalam,

Sadly not. Is it a much watch?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely subhanAllah. Last 20 mins or so...massive eeman booster. The sheikh makes some sort of tafseer/analysis on some aspects of creation mentioned by the author, and I wanted to ask you a question because you believe in evolu and the big bang. But nevermind, alhamdulilah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending