The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mary562
JazakAllahu Khayran :yy: - May Allah reward you guys.

BarakAllahu Feeki
Curious question. Intoxicants are prohibited in Islam. And I've been told if a Muslim drinks alcohol, his worship won't be accepted for 40 days. So if a Muslim were to take drugs (weed, coke etc.) would the same rule apply?
Asalaamulaykum peeps.

Original post by vela1
Curious question. Intoxicants are prohibited in Islam. And I've been told if a Muslim drinks alcohol, his worship won't be accepted for 40 days. So if a Muslim were to take drugs (weed, coke etc.) would the same rule apply?

Not sure bro.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Asalaamulaykum peeps.

Wa alaykum asalaam.

Original post by vela1

http://islamqa.info/en/66227
Original post by interact
Well done to Pakistan for not bowing down to the Saudis. They have decided against dropping bombs on the heads of fellow Muslims.

:yy:

Allahumma Aizzal Islama wal Muslimeen
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by interact
Well done to Pakistan for not bowing down to the Saudis. They have decided against dropping bombs on the heads of fellow Muslims.

Pakistan's reply to the UAE threats yesterday was commendable!
I don't really think Pakistan abstaining means that they care about people in Yemen. They've just taken a neutral position so they can have good relations with both Saudi and Iran. If the Pakistani army actually cared about Muslim lives they wouldn't have carried out atrocities in Balochistan over the past decade.
Asalaamulaykum guys, me and ThatMuslimGuy need your help :redface:

Earlier this year we started a little project. The project is a website by the name of quran-errors.com. This sites main purporse is to refute argument put forward people against the Islam. We currently have around 16 articles I think, so it's still a work in progress. So, how can you help us?

Well for a start, we have a library section on our website. In this library, we have uploaded tonnes of books. The guy I got them from said there were 2000+, I'm not going to bother counting for an exact number but there is a lot! So help us, by helping yourselves, get some of the books and boost the knowledge. Jannah points for all, win, win.

Heres our library page - http://www.quran-errors.com/islamic-libary.html:

As you can see we have various topics, click on one of them and it'll link you to a download page.

So now here are some download page examples!

Learn about fasting to your heart's desire:

Arabic teaching items:

Books by specific scholars:

And many many more!

Our page is a bit of a mess atm but I will sort that sometime next week insha'Allah.

One last thing. Please like our facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quran-Errors/315040422009727?ref=ts&fref=ts
We are starting this, so the likes would be appreciated, it would help boost our posts to a greater audience. Any new articles/updates will be posted unto there, so it will help you keep upto date!

JazaakAllahu Khayran

Wasalam.
I will definitely take a look at it.
May Allah reward you two greatly for your hard work and efforts.
I don't really think Pakistan abstaining means that they care about people in Yemen. They've just taken a neutral position so they can have good relations with both Saudi and Iran. If the Pakistani army actually cared about Muslim lives they wouldn't have carried out atrocities in Balochistan over the past decade.

I see your point but just because they wanted to maintain good political relationships doesn't make this decision any less laudable.

Judging from their stand against UAE's threats, you can tell have god intentions. And you shouldn't dig out the bad in their past just to make any good in the present look bad.
Original post by binarythoughts
I see your point but just because they wanted to maintain good political relationships doesn't make this decision any less laudable.

Judging from their stand against UAE's threats, you can tell have god intentions. And you shouldn't dig out the bad in their past just to make any good in the present look bad.

It would depend on for what reason you're lauding it. If it's for "not dropping bombs on muslims", then it's pretty much out there to be argued that the lauding is undeserved.

Not necessarily. If Pakistan didn't reply back to the UAE minister publically then it would be seen as a sign of weakness. It was expected that they do it. It's not about good intentions, it's just to not look weak.

Balochistan really isn't the past, abuses still go on there. The Pakistani army has a lot to answer for. Don't get me wrong, I have family in the Pak army, I even wanted to join them at one point, it's just I'll call them out for what they are.
(edited 9 years ago)
It would depend on for what reason you're lauding it. If it's for "not dropping bombs on muslims", then it's pretty much out there to be argued that it's not.

Not necessarily. If Pakistan didn't reply back to the UAE minister publically then it wouldn't be seen as a sign of weakness. It was expected that they do it. It's not about good intentions, it's just to not look weak.

Balochistan really isn't the past, abuses still go on there. The Pakistan army has a lot to answer for. Don't get me wrong, I have family in the Pak army, I even wanted to join them at a point, it's just I'll call them out for what they are.

I think you mean would.

It's ridiculous to say that because they make mistakes, this one time that they've done something good, it had to be because they only had their own interest at heart and are definitely not doing it with good intentions.
Reply 8251
I think you mean would.

It's ridiculous to say that because they make mistakes, this one time that they've done something good, it had to be because they only had their own interest at heart and are definitely not doing it with good intentions.

So is it wrong to call out Pakistan in the cognitive dissonance in their treatment of fellow Muslims? Regardless of their intentions, isn't praising them like patting a bully on the back for not beating someone up one day?
I think you mean would.

Yh I did, thanks for pointing out :yy:

I don't think it's ridiculous. If they're actively killing muslims themselves, then it's less likely that they're abstaining from this war due to fear of potentially killing muslims. I think they made the right decision for the time being because we pakistanis have our own wars to deal with first. Other people's wars come second. I just don't think it's right to say they've done this for humanitarian reasons.

If you want to continue this - vm me. This is going down the debate route.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.
I will definitely take a look at it.
May Allah reward you two greatly for your hard work and efforts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen to that. :h:
What's happening with the UAE and Pak now ugh? Why must Muslims always have issues like this. Then we moan and wonder why Allah's mercy doesn't descend upon the ummah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pakistan said they wouldn't help bomb,orsend troops, against the houthis yemen. A UAE minister said something stupid like " pakistans decision will result in consequences for them". Pakistan replied to that statement.

Frankly it was quite a stupid statement to make. We are not the slaves of the arab nations, nor are we pakistanis obliged to join every war they ask us to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ruh
So is it wrong to call out Pakistan in the cognitive dissonance in their treatment of fellow Muslims? Regardless of their intentions, isn't praising them like patting a bully on the back for not beating someone up one day?

Just to ensure this doesn't become a full-on debate, all I'm going to say is Pakistan's military and government have made mistakes but I'm glad that they were able to not turn this situation into another one.
And the bully analogy is void imo, that's not the case. If one of their decisions (which could've been disastrous) went down a good route, it's not a cue to bring up their other mistakes.
Though it does seem like they said that just because they're not in the position to partake in this anyway.
Reply 8257
Just to ensure this doesn't become a full-on debate, all I'm going to say is Pakistan's military and government have made mistakes but I'm glad that they were able to not turn this situation into another one.
And the bully analogy is void imo, that's not the case. If one of their decisions (which could've been disastrous) went down a good route, it's not a cue to bring up their other mistakes.
Though it does seem like they said that just because they're not in the position to partake in this anyway.

Fair do's
So indirectly, arabs are threaning pak now?
Edit: And why did the arabs ask Pakistan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Only the UAE. But it's an empty threat, the UAE can't do anything.

Pakistan pretty much has the strongest military out of the muslim nations, so Saudi wants our back up.

Latest

Trending

Trending