The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zorg
I'm pretty certain the scores mean little when it comes to interview bands; A, B and C. There's certainly an element of the process which Nottingham haven't thoroughly explained, though I can understand why they don't give us completely unrestricted access to their process.
I say this because there's no way I should have an offer with my score on it's own.

Zorg, what did you get for your GAMSAT? That's supposed to push it up?
Reply 441
Original post by Jane1296
I reckon you're just being modest! What was your score? I suppose your score could have been the lowest of the band you were in and then your GAMSAT score brought you up to the top of that band. Well done anyway!

I'm really not. There are wait listers with much higher scores than me.

Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Zorg, what did you get for your GAMSAT? That's supposed to push it up?

63, even so you have to make the bands first. If there isn't something they are not telling us, either there were a lot of people scoring towards the extremes and I managed to sneak in or there has been an admin error...
Original post by Zorg
I'm really not. There are wait listers with much higher scores than me.

63, even so you have to make the bands first. If there isn't something they are not telling us, either there were a lot of people scoring towards the extremes and I managed to sneak in or there has been an admin error...

Well definitely don't let them know!
Reply 443
Original post by Lolliesian
Hey everyone, just wanted to say there's a place for you guys on the waiting list from me :smile: I'm turning down my Nottingham and Swansea offers to study at Liverpool, so hopefully one of you will recieve an offer soon! Congrats to everyone with offers! And good luck to the people waiting, I really do hope you hear soon! :smile:

Thanks aha! I'm on the waiting list with no other hope so hoping more people do the same lol. Good luck at Liverpool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 444
Congratulations to everyone who got offers! Well done - hope I see you in September!
Original post by M150
First time, 4 interviews, 4 offers, and a whole lot of issues with my academic background (2:2 degree, poor GCSES and A Levels) but I applied to where I met the minimum requirements and the entry exams got me to interview.

That's fantastic. As a fellow 2.2 applicant you give me hope!
Original post by Marathi
That's fantastic. As a fellow 2.2 applicant you give me hope!

2:2 with crap A-levels and an offer here too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nat1217
2:2 with crap A-levels and an offer here too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! Sorry I meant to say a future applicant. Waiting on those GAMSAT results...
Reply 448
2ii, mediocre GCSEs and decent A levels here.

M150 just smashes it all out the park though. :tongue:
Reply 449
Original post by Zorg
2ii, mediocre GCSEs and decent A levels here.

M150 just smashes it all out the park though. :tongue:

Ha! Obviously I spent too much time getting everything in place before actually getting around to applying. If I'd had the money last year I might well have still got in then.
Reply 450
Original post by M150
Ha! Obviously I spent too much time getting everything in place before actually getting around to applying. If I'd had the money last year I might well have still got in then.

Well a year here or there doesn't matter much. Seems like the year out has allowed you to sort lots of things out so perhaps it was a smart move in any case :wink:
Reply 451
Had my offer through this morning and I've just firmed it after getting in from work! This has been my second application. In my first I had one interview and a rejection, this year I've had three with rejections in my others. I'm really pleased, I was really impressed by the university and like the area (Leicester grad). Look forward to the open day now and meeting everyone - is there a FB group up?
Reply 452
2nd time applicant. Last year had 4 pre interview rejections. This year had 4 interviews and 4 offers :biggrin:
No UCAS and no friggin post - I've called home four times!!!

Apparently he just couldn't be bothered to come, bloody Royal Mail
Reply 454
Original post by nug
2nd time applicant. Last year had 4 pre interview rejections. This year had 4 interviews and 4 offers :biggrin:

What's your secret lol? :tongue:
Reply 455
Original post by N23456
What's your secret lol? :tongue:

The only thing different this year was my GAMSAT and UKCAT scores. The rest of application was exactly the same. Its all just about getting your foot in the door to show them what you are all about!
Reply 456
Original post by nug
The only thing different this year was my GAMSAT and UKCAT scores. The rest of application was exactly the same. Its all just about getting your foot in the door to show them what you are all about!

Unfortunately I got my foot in the door (3 interviews - one waiting list but now bumped off it) and fluffed it up! Or I am very unlucky, who knows.
Original post by N23456
Unfortunately I got my foot in the door (3 interviews - one waiting list but now bumped off it) and fluffed it up! Or I am very unlucky, who knows.

Thrown off the waiting list?
Reply 458
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Thrown off the waiting list?

I was on the Swansea waiting list but was rejected last week :frown: and annoyingly the feedback from them was very good
Reply 459
Original post by N23456
I was on the Swansea waiting list but was rejected last week :frown: and annoyingly the feedback from them was very good

How did you get feedback?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending